[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a better looking game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: ark dinos 1.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ark dinos 1.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
Is there a better looking game?
>>
One of the only games I can't run with all settings maxed. Using a GTX 980.

Other games are GTA V, and Witcher 3.
>>
>>338123327
Thats because it's really shit optimised. I have like 600 hours but I have it looking like a ps2 game when I max almost everything else.
>>
What game is this?
>>
>>338126347
ark_dinos_1
>>
Yeah it's called going outside
>>
the forest
>>
>>338124683
the game runs like ass but it's not meant for gpus of today but the ones that will be released in the time it is done.
>>
>>338126912
You'd have a point if not for the fact that even maxed out it's unimpressive as fuck.
>>
>>338126978
blame U4 at unreal HQ then
>>
File: 1282297394308.jpg (26 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
1282297394308.jpg
26 KB, 650x366
>>338123048
Is there are more poorly optimized game?

Seriously I can't even get 60fps on this shitpeice of a game with a i7 6700k and a 980Ti.

Into the trash it goes, and stays.

>Inb4 faggot reply about framerate
Just shut up guy. It is universal knowledge this game runs like shit for how it looks. Just because you've gone full stockholm syndrome and learned to love the lag doesn't mean anyone else is going to.

Fuck you and fuck the ARK developers.
>>
>>338123048
The game looks like shit though and the animations are even worse.
>>
>>338123048
>buy gtx 1080
>can finally play ARK at 30fps
>>
>>338123048
Thanks for beta testing so we can get the best version on PS4.
>>
>>338123048
Nice bait.
But seriously, low range in your pic unnerves me.
>>
>>338124683
>>338126912
>>338126978

Didn't the devs say that optimization was last on their to do list? They wanted to get everything else done then optimize the game last before final release.

Which sounds dumb. Wouldn't it be easier on development to optimize first?
>>
>>338132203

Here's this shit.

>Don't worry about @survivetheark optimization, we haven't started yet. Game is still Pre-Alpha with significant features yet to be added.

http://gearnuke.com/ark-survival-evolved-dev-comments-optimization-xbox-one-dx12-support-early-access-ps4/#

From January.
>>
>>338132203
>Wouldn't it be easier on development to optimize first?
There are 4 different developers working on the game, so optimizing now before things are all set and final would probably slow things down due to repeatedly changing unfinished systems and trying to make sure all of the devs know what's been changed.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.