[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: source2_logo_cc-750x450.jpg (20 KB, 750x450) Image search: [Google]
source2_logo_cc-750x450.jpg
20 KB, 750x450
what went wrong?
>>
It's not even out yet. It was only just announced last year. It'll have to actually get released first for people to start making games, and even more time for the games to get made.
>>
>>338121645
Its using the CPU like crazy just like source
>>
>>338121645
Absolutely nothing because it hasn't been fucking released yet you moron
>>
You idiots realize DOTA 2 uses it right?
>>
nogaems

Dota 2 doesn't count because it's just ported from Source
>>
>>338125043
Not to its full potential.

It's like looking at Half-Life: Source and saying "What went wrong" with Source. People actually have to start making games FOR Source 2 that actually take advantage of its capabilities first.

And no, CS: Source doesn't count. It has updated maps and models. Dota 2 uses the exact same maps and models as it used to.
>>
>>338125043
it was added as a beta update, a beta is not a release
>>
>>338125231
>it's just a beta ;)
>>
>>338125226
Source had some good games. Vampire Bloodlines, Vindictus, EYE, Titanfall. It just took some time
>>
>>338125226

>Dota 2 uses the exact same maps and models

It also now runs anywhere between 20-50% worse.

All the talent left Valve long ago.
>>
>>338125368
My point exactly. But those games came out AFTER the engine was released proper. Judging Source 2 based on the Dota 2 update is like judging Source based on HL:Source.
>>
>>338125332
Correct. The only game that uses it is a port from source 1 uses it in an optional, non-stable update. There are no other games that use it right now because it's not even available to other developers yet
>>
The main things I want out of Source 2 are optimization and better netcode.

It's pretty pathetic how in 2016 I can't play on a full TF2 server at capped 300fps. The game still struggles to maintain 60fps when you're in the middle of explosions happening all around you.

TF2 is my favorite game, but it really runs like garbage on anything but the best hardware.
>>
>>338125562
>The game still struggles to maintain 60fps when you're in the middle of explosions happening all around you.
how about you post your specs faggot?
mine are i5, 560ti and 8gb ram and I aint got problems with tf2.
I got problems with dota not remembering my graphic preferences and reverting to somewhere between low and medium after each restart
>>
>>338125887
I bet you aren't watching your framerate carefully while in the middle of the action.

We all have 200+ fps while completely alone in a server or ~120fps while everybody is just standing around in spawn, but when shit gets hectic and everybody is shooting rockets and pipes everywhere, you'll see your framerate fall to 50-70fps, I assure you.

i5 2500
12gb
gtx950

So yeah, you DO have problems, you just don't realize it.
>>
>>338125454
>their new engine performs worse than their old one

>>338125562
>a 10 year old game with a very simplistic style that wasn't even high fidelity at the time of its release can't hit a stable 60fps on modern hardware

can valve do anything right?
>endorses paid mods
>allows any shit early access indie game onto their store
>puts eceleb recommendations on their front page
>splits vr developers by releasing their own shitty api when the one oculus used was already own source
they're not what they used to be
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.