[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Finished this today. Best PS3 game I've ever played.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: Yakuza 5.jpg (11 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
Yakuza 5.jpg
11 KB, 300x168
Finished this today. Best PS3 game I've ever played.
>>
What makes it better than 3 or 4?
>>
>>338103543
100%? Favorite chapter and character?
>>
>>338104716
Not sure if I want to. It seems so grindy. I definitely want to go back and finish all of the 'real' content though.

I just don't think I want to go through the trouble of eating every meal at every restaurant and that sort of thing.

I like all of the characters, really. Saejima's probably my least favorite.
>>
>>338104716
not OP but Kiryu has the best sidejob
Shinada with best campaign
Akiyama favorite character
>>
>>338103543
I'm playing Yakuza 3, or rather recently stopped playing Yakuza 3.

I got to the bullshit part where you get back to Tokyo and get assaulted by mysterious men, then you have to chase after someone. You have a limited stamina bar and he does not. After nearly 20 minutes of bullshit I went to the host club, got a couple of cutscenes and a fight iirc, and then as soon as I walked I now had to run away from the cops.

Does it get better? Does the rest of the game involve more than just running away from people and running towards people?

Other than that, I enjoyed the early part of the game in the orphanage. I also have Yakuza 4.
>>
what's the zombie spinoff like
>>
>>338105476
I couldn't get into it. The gunplay feels awful for me.
>>
>>338105440
it does get better, but the chase shit is the worst part of yakuza 3, honestly if you got past the mack chase and the police chase, then your done with the worst part of the game.

>>338105476
pretty generic.

>>338105141
i find it amazing that i went from loving Saejima in 4 to hating him in 5, where the fuck did they go wrong?
>>
>>338106098
i'm new to the series, so i'm not sure what to start with
i've got 3, 4, and the zombie spinoff
can't find 1, 2, and 5
>>
>>338106351
i believe 5 is download only for the western release

emulation should work for 1 and 2 tho, they are hard to find.
>>
>>338105476
Horrible gameplay, silly story.

But it has some great substories and tons of fun fanservice. Worth $10
>>
File: yakuzadoor.gif (640 KB, 209x215) Image search: [Google]
yakuzadoor.gif
640 KB, 209x215
>>338105440
3's almost definitely the weakest Yakuza. Story's a bit dumb, a lot of things drop off, pacing's all over the place, and the gameplay doesn't really make big jumps like later ones did and honestly is lacking on content that 2 offered.
>>
File: yakuzasaemaj2.jpg (196 KB, 600x442) Image search: [Google]
yakuzasaemaj2.jpg
196 KB, 600x442
>>338106346
Saejima goes from being a badass with being buddies with Majima and becoming a prospective pillar of the Tojo clan to throwing it all away for no reason and dragging Majima into the same "over the crest" story that I don't want out of either.

I mean fuck, you even had Saejima say Majima's lieutenant and family in 4 was being raised good, and yet he doesn't show up again in 5 and Majima and his family do jack shit despite saving the day in 2.
>>
File: 1429243406536.png (627 KB, 490x588) Image search: [Google]
1429243406536.png
627 KB, 490x588
>>338107619
the lieutenant part is even more glaring when you find out that the guy was in the top 20 of the yakuza character poll.

and yeah what the fuck, majima's always had a big role in the series and here its downgraded to non existent outside of a tough boss fight that is pretty fun.

as a majima fan i am not happy
>>
>>338103543
Yakuza 5 is awesome. Though I think Yakuza 0 tops it.
>>
>>338108024
At least Yakuza 0 makes up for that. Majima is fucking amazing in that game.
>>
>>338108816
I can't wait to get my hands on it, i fell in love with that combat system.
>>
>>338108961
That has to be the best part. The stances were an amazing addition. From what I saw of Majima's stances, it looks like if he and Kiryu were in a fight back then, he'd have trounced Kiryu
>>
>>338109176
i believe it, also helps that Kiryu hasn't learned the amazing komaki moves yet.

seriously that shit is ridiculous in the games, i love it.
>>
>>338109467
Destroyer is pretty fucking cool though. I kind of like walking around with that terrifying hunch he has and then beating people senseless.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.