[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>bullshit hitboxes >can't even pause the game because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: dark souls.jpg (6 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
dark souls.jpg
6 KB, 300x168
>bullshit hitboxes
>can't even pause the game because it's le hardcore to chain the player to the fucking console (or PC if you enjoy garbage ports)
>clunky controls because responsive ones would show how idiotic and slow reacting the enemies are
>you can just memorize the enemy position and run pust them because they act once every thousand years
>supposedly good combat is just backstab simulator but as I said fighting enemies is just a waste of fucking time to begin with

what a great game lmao if not the le praise the sun meme it would be forgotten within a month
>>
>>338090180
>>bullshit hit boxes

0/10
>>
>b
stopped reading there
>>
>>338090180
I just started playing it and I'm really enjoying it. Working on Ornstein and Smough right now, almost have them down a few attempts in; they're the first boss to actually challenge me. Using a Black Knight Greatsword +3.

I also never use backstabs because they're a pain to aim.
>>
>>338090495
imo you are impairing your game experience by using such a strong weapon
>>
>op never got gud
>>
>>338090641
You might be right. I did just kinda rip through the first few bosses because of how much damage I did... I killed each gargoyle in two hits.

Do you think I should start a new game and go for a 40/40 quality build instead? Would that be more reasonable? Or should I do something ridiculous like a level 1 run?
>>
The controls are very responsive though.
>>
>>338090180
Literal casul
u
s
a
c

Sucks to suck, fagger.
>>
>>338090959
Just do what's fun for you. Finish up your playthrough, maybe find a different weapon that you like, then if you feel like it play again in a more challenging way. Whether that's level 1 or just using a normal weapon is up to you.
>>
>>338090180
SALTY
A
L
T
Y

You seem more like a Bioware kind of player.
>>
>>338090180
>bullshit hitboxes
way better than DS2 you knob
>>
>>338090959
I prefer playing with a 2 handed normal weapon and pyromancies
It's the right mix of strength/fun and also looks really cool imo

I wouldn't start over now, but you can just change the weapon to whatever you like and get the corresponding stats.
>>
>>338090180
I just got to ng+4. where was the shitty hitboxes?
>>
I'm trying to run a pyromancy build. anyone got some good pyromancy builds?
>>
>>338091187
I enjoy a challenge. I'm actually having more fun with Ornstein and Smough than the other bosses because I'm actually dying and being punished for mistakes. Its intense and I get shaky and jumpy and REALLY into it because the game is demanding I give it nothing but my full attention. Its a lot of fun that way, I laugh and smile after I die and I just have fun.Except when it's bullshit. Then the fun ends. At the same time though its kinda fun plowing through shit with a greatsword.

>>338091308
I was thinking about putting points into faith or intelligence and going for a specialized hybrid Zweihander, I think that'd be fun. Maybe I'll go straight hybrid?
>>
File: 20160517001306_1.jpg (416 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160517001306_1.jpg
416 KB, 1920x1080
>>338090495
managed O&S on my first try using a black knight halberd

honestly, while i do feel a bit bad over absolutely tearing into bosses, i do not feel one iota of remorse for all the fucking pricks that you have to pass through to get to the boss' fog door
as a result i use OP weapons often (though that's mainly limited to the halberd since i haven't found any other black knight weapons and the few boss soul weapons i've made are dogshit)
>>
>>338090180
Only point that holds water is the no pause, that shit is fucking stupid. People get phone calls, knocks on the door, explosive diarrhea, have to chain their child slaves up when they escape. Like let me pause the fucking game, it adds nothing to the game by taking that from me.
>>
>>338091935
Just exit the game.
>>
>>338091935
homeward bone or go back to title screen, you arrive back to where you were with everything respawning to their original places.
>>
>>338091935
It's mean't to be played with invasions and you cant really pause when another player is in your game. Exiting out the game works and you dont lose progress also
>>
>>338091935
this. I understand why they do it for online reasons, but when I'm playing offline(always) I should be able to pause. Didnt stop me from beating ng and two ng+s though
>>
>>338092010
So I have to quit my game because I still have social interactions? why should I be punished mid boss fight for getting a phone call? Give me a good argument for why no pause benefits the game in anyway. And don't give me that hardcore or git gud shit. i love souls I've played and beaten them all multiple times since demon's souls and never once thought "man the devs really struck gold with the no pause button" Like op said, its just to chain you to the game.
>>
>>338092297
>Give me a good argument for why no pause benefits the game
Being able to pause is an immediate tension release. No pause means you have to think on your feet.
>>
>>338092297
I'm use to it. Phantasy Star Online did it too and didn't really care. it's just a video game, if I die because of social life it's no skin off my ass.
>>
>>338091904
Best I've done so far is having Ornstein one hit from being dead and then I fell into a nasty spot and died. Missed a dodge on Smough's charge and I was kicking myself afterwards.
>>
>>338092419
So by that logic no game with a pause feature is tense? Or are you saying its a way to reduce the tension? Because either way I disagree. I've played and beaten dmc3 on dmd and that has pause and it was still tense as fuck and even when I paused I was still thought "as soon as I press that button I'll get fucked again, but good thing I could answer my fucking door"
>>
>>338092745
>So by that logic no game with a pause feature is tense?
I'm saying it's less tense than it would be without it.
>>
>>338092501
It's not the fact that I could die that miffs me about it. It is a video game, just do it again. I just don't like the idea of being punished for something out of your control. I should clarify my point a bit. If you are playing online, no pause is A-ok but if I'm in offline trying to enjoy my pve let me pause the game.
>>
>>338092745
>So by that logic no game with a pause feature is tense?
No, this game with no pause feature is tense.

There's no point extrapolating this to other games.
>>
>>338092926
And that's a fair point. It does give you a minute to breath and think BUT that isn't my complaint. I don't want a pause button when I get stressed in a game, I love thinking on my feet. I just wanna be able to enjoy the game without having to quit/load up anytime something minor comes up I need to attend to.
>>
File: 23897492352356.png (214 KB, 334x308) Image search: [Google]
23897492352356.png
214 KB, 334x308
>tfw I have no social life or any friends so never had any problems with no pause feature
>>
File: glad.jpg (132 KB, 1078x1064) Image search: [Google]
glad.jpg
132 KB, 1078x1064
>>338093225
>tfw my social life is limited to me talking with my friends on skype so I almost never have to put up with people trying to drag me outside or showing up at my door
feels great
>>
File: 1460096982879.jpg (155 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1460096982879.jpg
155 KB, 1280x720
>>338090495
>>338091904
>using black knight anything
>>
>>338094085
But it dropped for me and I thought it looked awesome...
>>
>>338094085
What's wrong with a regular black knight sword?
>>
>>338094085
Unless he ain't using black cock great ass with hornets ring in pvp he can ride the pain train all the way to gywn.
>>
>>338094275
Don't justify yourself, unless you're a faggot who used it cause your guide said it was good, use whatever. Using a certain weapon/build is only lame when someone tells you to and you do it.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.