[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was this allowed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: Doom_64-box-cover[1].jpg (48 KB, 640x440) Image search: [Google]
Doom_64-box-cover[1].jpg
48 KB, 640x440
Why was this allowed?
>>
what's wrong with it?
>>
>>338044838
Nothing. More like "why was this allowed on a Nintendo console?"
>>
>>338044740

Tried Doom 64 Ex but it is dark as shit even at max brightness. Does this stay throughout the game?
>>
>>338045003
Only the first levels are exceptionally dark.
>>
I've played a lot of Doom and Doom 2 but never 64, finally started playing 64 EX and it's fucking great. Totally different approach to the same ideas as original Doom.

My main gripe is WHERE IS THE FUCKING MUSIC? Whose idea was it to fill a goddamn Doom game with nothing but ambient tracks?
>>
>>338046019
It's supposed to be more horror-esque than Doom and Doom 2, which is why the atmosphere is darker and the music is spooky.
>>
Pretty sure there is a PC port already
>>
>>338046019
The genius that is Aubrey Hodges. His music alone makes Doom 64 most atmosphere generally unnerving than 99% of vidya. The rock music wouldn't suit 64's creepy atmosphere and darker artsyle, just like the new audio wouldn't match the original Doom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=figiPE6WGAM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IE1NmyrbWA
>>
>>338044915

The whole "nintendo censors anything violent" stopped right after the first Mortal Kombat game.

Also, Nintendo was never about censorship in Japan, it was only the western branches.
Sega of America (and many other western vidya companies) also censored games when brought over.

Nintendo 64 has games like Goldeneye, Perfect Dark and Nightmare Creatures, what would be the problem with Doom 64?
>>
>>338046449
Pretty much like the original Postal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvB_NR_gRIo
>>
>>338046237
>>338046449

I find Quake's sound design and soundtrack bounces between ambient and melodic rather well. Been replaying Doom, Doom 2, Quake and Doom 64 in that order and it's a nice variety past doom 2.
>>
>>338046449
Only he could turn a game of ping pong into a horror song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoI57YXK2do
>>
>>338046615
The whole outright satanic imagery it's chock full of. I think it doesn't actually call hell "hell" but come on now.
>>
What's the difference between Doom and Doom64?
>>
>>338046810
Doom 64 is a completely different game.
>>
File: 0.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
>>338046810
Doom 64 is a new game in the series, not a port, and the sequel to Doom 2. Technically it has the official end of the series still as of now, and a badass one at that.
>>
I'm so happy that Doom 4's Hell appeared to be Doom 64 inspired
I'm also happy that it actually might be the sequel
>>
File: Cat & Mouse.jpg (27 KB, 600x440) Image search: [Google]
Cat & Mouse.jpg
27 KB, 600x440
>yfw teleporting Cyberdemon
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.