[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: Maple_story.png (47 KB, 719x448) Image search: [Google]
Maple_story.png
47 KB, 719x448
What went wrong?
>>
>>338041287
Made it easier to try and get more people, but it only made it so old fans didn't want to play anymore.

See WoW
>>
2 never
>>
Big Bang
>>
File: The average mapler.png (89 KB, 1221x223) Image search: [Google]
The average mapler.png
89 KB, 1221x223
Cubes
>>
CASH
FUCKING
CUBES
PAID SCROLLS
SHOP
>>
The potential system
>>
Cubes, Big Bang, and Potential

Fucking awful and depressing at the same time
>>
Nostalgia fags on suicide watch and can't adapt to a new game.
>>
What are cubes exactly? Is this something that appeared after Big Bang?
>>
>>338043667
The ability to spend your entire paycheck on 1 piece of gear, and end up with maybe 2% more damage, or most times less damage.
>>
>>338043667

cash shop item, remember the dice roll when making a new character? Imagine buying a scroll with real money that dice rolled to add either godly or garbage boosts to your gear
>>
>>338043667
Items you had to buy with real money (I think one cube was like $2 or something) and you could use it on a piece of equipment for a chance for that piece to give like 3% STR or +30 ATT or something.

One item could have up to 3 different stats like that, and when you used one cube, all of the "lines" were rerolled so if you had okay stats but wanted to go big, you'd use another cube but risk everything going to shit and getting like +X MP and +X W.DEF so you'd have to buy more cubes to get the good stats back.

Massive money grab, I should know.
>>
>>338041287
>>338043667
>Ramping down the grind curve from continuous months of grinding to get to 200 down to about perhaps a continuous week at most to get to 200.
>Introducing sets of special snowflake characters, each more powerful than the last, to the point where they had to remove PvP after releasing the first set.
>Power creep has now rendered bosses from requiring multiple parties of 6 to fight down to being done easily playing solo.
>Potentials pushed the power cap to upwards of actually hitting damage cap (+1X% (stat), +30% damage, and +Damage Cap being staples to hit it)
>Said potentials required the use of cash shop cubes to get it most easily.
>>
>>338042879
>>338042892
>>338042953
>>338043020
Basically these.
>>
The game isn't as good as several years back but the music is still pretty great
>>
File: 1463559979386.jpg (34 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
1463559979386.jpg
34 KB, 500x376
>tfw you will never be a middle school kid exploring a vast world with sick as fuck background music playing in the back

played from the beta the feels are to strong brehs
>>
the end game is you repeatedly doing incredibly boring shit so that you can reroll your equipment for the highest possible %stat and %att potentials, just to maybe possibly fight two bosses that are dps checks
>>
>>338041287
It's pretty lazily thrown together, the platforming physics are garbage and people found tons of exploits. I doubt it was expected to be as popular as it was.
>>
>>338042953
This.
>>
End game is too easy to get to, and the end game is literally grinding bosses every day for about an hour or two, and then you get off.

Or you go leveling up a new character to 100 for the character card, which if you have already a good 200+ character, takes only 2 or 3 days to do.

I have 22 or so characters and 18 or so of those are 100+ cause I got so bored of playing that leveling them up real quick is more amusing.
>>
>>338041287
But the reborn Servers fixxed EVERYTHING
>>
It was a shit game since the beginning.
>warriors and mages are forced to put skills in their passive before anything else in order to maximize their hp and mp
>assassins have to sacrifice points for their star skills and can't use maxed dark sight (which doesn't work with haste unless you actually put points into it)
>literally everyone had to use the same cookie-cutter bullshit builds or your character would be fucked (unless you used meme builds like str bandit)
>Grinding was unbearable bullshit and would take literally 10 or more hours just to level up once.
>awful channel system where grinding areas were in limited supply and you could get bullied out by some fuckhead 20 levels higher than you
>parties were garbage and only useful for PQs and boss fights(unless you had a faggot priest willing to spam that exp buff)
>basic necessities like potions and reagent were expensive (fucking 5k for summoning stones holy shit)
>Drop rate on armor and weapons were extremely low. You were forced to either buy some NX to fund yourself or grind for weeks on end and hope you get some Ilbis to sell to xXDexlessAZNSaskuexX for some cash.
>traveling from Victoria island to other areas took fucking forever. I'd rather kill myself than climb that fucking tower in ludi to get to omega sector.
The game was and always has been a fucking mess.
>>
>>338042879
Balance isn't fun.
Nobody wants to play a game where all the choices amount to the exact same thing.
>>
>>338041287
Big bang update
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.