[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Aural Experience
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: audiogear.png (3 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
audiogear.png
3 MB, 1080x1920
Sound, especially positional hearing is a very important in enhancing immersion and a tactical bonus, especially in FPSes and adventure games.

What's your audio set-up like?

I've got budget friendly set-up myself (pic related). HE-350 is coming in August so currently using my closed back Kingston HyperX Cloud Core, which actually has superior sound stage compared to other closed back headphones, even those priced more than $250.
>>
File: 0.jpg (28 KB, 426x232) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
28 KB, 426x232
>>338034725
AKG k702 + Audioengine D1.
Needed to boost low frequencies in EQ to get a natural sound though.
Otherwise i can't complain.
>>
>>338034725
>What's your audio set-up like?
im deaf.
>>
>>338035879
Then how are you typing that
>>
>>338035946
i have to write it on a piece of paper to get my brother to post it by ear
>>
>>338034725
sound blaster z and nash 20's
>>
snakeoil thread ?
>>
>>338035997
>brother I'm sorry but I need you to post a picture of a sad-looking frog. hear yourself into the sad-frog folder, please
>love, anon
>>
>>338036168
beat me to it
>>
>>338036168
>>338036272
>snakeoil
The frustration I've suffered and the amount of money I've spent on cheap headphones only for them to break down and/or are just revealed to be utter shit house is just heartbreaking.

But spending less than a total of $200 on a USB/DAC and a nice headphone means you get 90% of the experience that people spend $10,000 or more a sound system.

Sure, it's a very steep rate of diminishing returns, but having a nice pair of cans and sound source is just an amazing experience.

The Cloud Core from pic related is less than $40 retail but is functionally the same as a $120 pair of headphones (the same drivers, chassis and build-quality).
>>
>>338035816
Those AKG K7XX worth $200? I know they're just rebranded """""budget""""" K701s, but still looking noice.
>>
>>338037989
Yeah, for me they were.
Tested them against philips fidelio x1, beyerdynamic dt 770/880 and some Sennheisers in that range I can't recall.
They sounded most neutral and clear, lack of bass can be EQ'd in, good luck trying to remove it from cans which already have it by default and casue distortion to mids though..
The fidelio x1 were the worst offender, no idea if that was fixed with x2.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.