[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw we'll never get a hd remake of this >tfw killer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 26
File: heavenssmile.jpg (8 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
heavenssmile.jpg
8 KB, 259x194
>tfw we'll never get a hd remake of this
>tfw killer is dead didn't capture the original feeling of killer 7

Why live.
>>
>>338016354
>tfw i never played this game and will never likely play a whole bunch of games that I want to play.
>>
File: 1448808872521.jpg (415 KB, 2049x1025) Image search: [Google]
1448808872521.jpg
415 KB, 2049x1025
I need your best Killer7 images and wallpapers. In the name of Harman...
In all seriousness Killer7 is fucking GOAT
>>
File: 6779929348_7e4141b182_o.jpg (138 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
6779929348_7e4141b182_o.jpg
138 KB, 1600x900
What would HD add to this that isn't already accomplished by firing the game up in Dolphin?

The models are deliberately angular as fuck to look cool with the cel shading and the backgrounds are extremely minimalistic, so it's not like they could do much to take advantage of better tech.
>>
File: Killer 7 Smiths.png (476 KB, 1048x762) Image search: [Google]
Killer 7 Smiths.png
476 KB, 1048x762
>>338016949
More missions with the Smiths dummy.

>>338016819
Play this. Shit's great and everything from it's combat, story-telling, music, and world-building is unique and memorable.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt-9kPoXPRc
>>
File: Travis_Bell.png (19 KB, 211x302) Image search: [Google]
Travis_Bell.png
19 KB, 211x302
>Grasshopper re-releasing The Silver Case on PC
>Suda51 giving his Killer7 stories to Famitsu to publish
>Capcom still on their HD remaster wave
The day is coming anon. I swear
God, please
One of my fav tracks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNIlClYUp5M
>>
Dude FNaF is already in HD though why would they remake it
>>
>too dumb to solve the flower sun and rain puzzles
Someone please tell me I'm not alone in this.
>>
File: 1460882081867.gif (4 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1460882081867.gif
4 MB, 400x225
>>338016354
>tfw Killer is Dead felt extremely lacking and incomplete
When I finished the game I was left wondering "Is that it?" Killer7, while obtuse, at least felt conclusive. KiD felt like the a bad example of style over substance from a narrative standpoint.
>>
Who is your favorite Smith, and why is it Dan?
>>
>>338019008
Because he gets a gun literally called The Demon Gun. Also, 2nd best reload animation and best crit taunt.
>>
>>338017884
That song's so good. Here's another good one to add in not in the usual (Rave On, Dissociative Identity, etc):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDygmIrovFU
>>
>>338016354
>HD Remake
fuck off

Killer7 is great tho everyone should play it
>>
>>338019008
Mask for turbo grenade launchers and style.

Honorable mention to IMMA CLEANA, dying and then going over to the corpse with his weak gun was pretty scary and didn't even feel that cheap since it was mine fuck up.
>>
>>338020340
That's probably my favorite song.
>>
>>338016354
>killer is dead didn't capture the original feeling of killer 7

I don't think it was trying to.
>>
File: con1.jpg (59 KB, 479x542) Image search: [Google]
con1.jpg
59 KB, 479x542
>>338019008
Con because I'm an edgy faggot.
>>
>>338018920
It definitely didn't feel as involved in KiD's story. It may be due to the fact that it kind of took a back seat to the gameplay due to it being quick and punchy. I definitely had fun with the game but K7 was more memorable.
>>
>>338018696
I'm sorry my man, the puzzles are the easiest in any game ever.
>>
File: 1463478870135.jpg (168 KB, 1024x876) Image search: [Google]
1463478870135.jpg
168 KB, 1024x876
I tried to emulate this game a while back but didn't have a good controller around to play it. Don't remember if there were problems with the emulation though. I've also tried looking for the physical copy but they're stupid expensive and I heard I should get the GC version instead of the PS2. Maybe one day I'll play it.

I wish Suda would go back to doing game design too. What makes Killer7 so interesting is that it doesn't play like other games do. While his later stuff are all unique visually and narratively they're just barebones 3rd person hack n slash games or shooters. I just wish his brand of weirdness would carry into other aspects of his games too rather than just being a narrative thing. Now every time the gameplay in a suda game tries to be weird or different it's just some shitty underdeveloped minigame. And now Let it Die is kinda making me want to give up on Grasshopper.
>>
File: fsrjapan03.jpg (142 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
fsrjapan03.jpg
142 KB, 1024x768
FSR is probably the weirdest game.

Have some music:
Intro
http://picosong.com/BgLB
>>
File: 1461699703398.gif (1 MB, 256x196) Image search: [Google]
1461699703398.gif
1 MB, 256x196
>>338023596
>smokes : cock
>>
File: dsasdasdasdasdsa.jpg (49 KB, 612x816) Image search: [Google]
dsasdasdasdasdsa.jpg
49 KB, 612x816
>>338020340
>>338021323
I really like these 2 songs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKZtM8Ek28s&index=4&list=PLVxlwX2yfkrLwVWkCLr6DNJyu0b-Kjw2G

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoI_4dCkBkc&list=PLVxlwX2yfkrLwVWkCLr6DNJyu0b-Kjw2G&index=20
>>
>>338018920
>style over substance from a narrative standpoint
I felt like it was a 12 episode anime that was sliced to 4, maybe 6 episodes due to budget or whatever. Would have preferred the plot being pure unconnected separate slice of life stories instead of having this unfinished feeling overarching one with Mondo and his fabulously not gay brother
>>
>>338023596
>That it doesn't play like other games do
I'm still amazed at how they made something that is so goddamn different to almost anything else out there and not only made it work, but also turned into an advantage.
The locked walking allowed them to have the low camera, which is a big part of why the game just oozes style.
>>
>>338019008
Coyote.

Also Dan.
>>
Going to emulate this soon, maybe after I finish Devil May Cry.

Also, I have no idea what I'm doing in KiD, I mean I do know what to do but I don't know if I'm having fun or not, the combat seems unresponsive and just unsatisfying, like I'm just pressing a button to make a life bar go down, but it doesn't feel like I'm earning it like in other hack and slash games, like Devil May Cry and MGR.
I really want to like this game and finish it but it just feels so, "ok" about things.
>>
Killer is Dead is like $3.20 on the Humble Bundle last time I checked.

It's a decent deal if that's the only thing you want. Cause everything else sucks.
>>
>>338016949
Oh god, please tell me you can mouse aim on Dolphin
>>
>>338032246
>I wanna play rail shooter segments with a mouse
what's the point?
>>
Is clamoring for reboots and remakes an American thing or it's just a nu gamer culture trend come over from capeshit and whatnot?
>>
>>338032734
Nowadays your average "gamer" can only enjoy what's popular due to the combination of social media, peer pressure, etc.
If old interesting game gets remade they can safely pick it up because they know it's "allowed" to enjoy. It's both cool retro that makes them look oldskool and sophisticated and also trendy and popular because it was just remade.

Picking up the original game (unless it's a Nintendo game where you automatically get credit even from normies due to everyone's nostalgia) is much more difficult. What if the game isn't considered cool enough? What if it's not approved by other gamers? Their e-peen would be put at risk.
>>
>>338032538
Because too many instances in this game require precise aiming to be doing it with an analog stick
>>
>>338033727
Yeah, like a rail shooter, mostly an arcade genre.
>>
File: 1456338945417.jpg (13 KB, 410x396) Image search: [Google]
1456338945417.jpg
13 KB, 410x396
>the chapter with the handsome men was apparently all took place in Killer7 Online
>handsome black is dead and a ghost though
What?
>>
>>338033650
Reading other people rambling like they know other people will always be sad to me
>>
>>338034004
You got this from 'Hand in Killer7' or something? How canonical that actually is is iffy at best.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqOhPvthFUs
>HAJIME
>>
Who here has played Silver Case before? Is it worth getting excited for the English release?
>>
>>338034070
And people in denial make me cry, so we're even.
>>
>>338033650
Yeah, because playing video games just to fit in with other people is what /v/ is all about.
>>
>>338034243
the chapter with the handsome men ended with the videogame credits and at the very start it says Killer7 Online, Hardboiled Shooting, not to mention how every cutscene was anime so i simply assumed it all happend in a game.
>>
Killer7 was so fucking perfect jesus christ.

Angels Despair is also the greatest loop in video games.

>>338034294
Wait, it's being translated?
>>
>>338034739
Oh right, I completely forgot about that.
To be fair, a lot of the game is up to interpretation anyway.
Garcian/Emir is clearly a fucking headcase, so what's there to say that he's not just hallucinating that he's transforming into the members of the Smith Syndicate that he killed? The fact that he always has their weaponry in his case supports this quite well.
>>
>>338034828
First official English release coming soon-ish to PC. I think I'm excited, if only because I agree with you, Killer7 is fucking GOAT.
http://www.pcgamer.com/grasshopper-manufactures-the-silver-case-coming-to-western-pcs/
>>
File: 1426200588339.gif (312 KB, 342x512) Image search: [Google]
1426200588339.gif
312 KB, 342x512
>>338034990
>point and click Grasshopper game

Consider it pre-ordered.
>>
>>338032246
yes you can
>>
>>338032734
See, when a console dies, so do its games. And very few people are willing to buy a dead console for a select few games that might be somewhat difficult to find. So you can either emulate them, with tends to be a somewhat flawed way to play older games or just rerelease them on PC where they'd be available in HD, don't require a physical copy, can be found easily on Steam and aren't bound to any consoles lifecycle.

It's obvious when you think about it.
>>
>>338034828
Yeah, HD rerelease in english, on steam.
>>
Curtis Blackburn was such a great villain, his voice is absolute sex

>Danny boy...look at you, you've changed considerably...into a badass, if I may
>>
>tfw my notification tone is the guitar riff that plays whenever you solve a puzzle
Feels fucking good.
>>
>>338016354
Killer is Dead is about lookin at titties OP
>>
>>338034876
The only problem with that conjecture is that Emir/Garcian doesn't have Harman's anti-tank rifle, but he's clearly able to transform into Harman at several points in the game.

The (awesome) thing about Killer7 is that it blends psychological and supernatural themes together in a way that it's extremely difficult to tell where one ends and the other begins, but it's clear throughout that BOTH are happening at the same time, frequently in the same scene.

It's also tricky because it's pretty clear that there's a lot of cut content and unfinished narrative that's just left hanging (like what Christopher Mills is saying before he gets executed clearly points to an earlier revision to the plot).
>>
>>338016947
>>338016949
>aspect raidou
>>
>>338035294
I'm talking about consumers sabotaging the industry advancement by asking for shit that's already available, what the fuck are you talking about, captaion obvious.
>>
>>338035917
>The (awesome) thing about Killer7 is that it blends psychological and supernatural themes
Don't forget it's commentary on American-Japanese geopolitics.
The ending choice is fantastic.
Do you let Japan get nuked into oblivion now, or leave it in the hands of a man driven to turn into the dominating global power? That's such a bizarre thing to include in a game developed in Japan. Either choice makes it look bad.
>>
If anyone is interested, I'd love some thoughts on something I wrote a while back when I was bored and was puzzling over certain aspects of the Killer7 story.

>http://pastebin.com/kDeNi0md

Killer7 gets brought up maybe once every six months on this forum, so this is probably the only time I'd get to share this.
>>
>>338034294
>>338034828
I did play it, it's fucking awesome. For the curious, it's completely in tone with Killer 7, and a little bit of Flower, Sun, and Rain. That's The Silver Case.

P.S.: At one point in the game, you have to answer to the question of "In JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, what's the name of Jotaro Kujo's stand?"
>>
>>338036662
Really cool stuff here anon.
It's possibly the most reasonable explanation for the chess scene where they both get shot.
>>
>>338037405
Yeah that's one of the only parts I'm really solid on.

Killer7 is a challenging work to figure out precisely because it's both intentionally ambiguous about events and flatly unfinished, so it's difficult to figure out what obscured and what's actually missing from the narrative.
>>
>>338037531
Finally finished it.
>With Garcian erased and Emir once again operating as a free agent, that bondage is undone and Kun Lan's influence runs wild again, turning Emir once more into the Bloody Heartland. But instead of surrendering to Kun Lan's will, Emir ventures into his own subconscious and kills that part of him, freeing himself from the curse of his lineage.
is a really good bit of conjecture. Almost every other theory just throws its hands up and say 'lol I dunno' at the Iwazaru-Kun Lan connection, so this is a really good stab at it.
>>
>>338038002
It's kind of nice that the story ends, at least as far as I can figure, on a positive note at least for one character (either America or Japan is still totally screwed). Emir, whose been a pawn from birth finally frees himself both from the control of his handler (Harman) and his own family's legacy (Kun Lan).
>>
>>338038712
Overall, this is a pretty good look at what can be an incredibly vague story.
I have it bookmarked, I'll be sure to share it whenever the next Killer7 thread arises.
>>
Can anyone recommend a game that has a story as intricate as Killer7? I spent many hours reading theories and digestions about it's plot and characters, and I enjoyed how detailed and meticulously thoughtful it was as a prose.

Theories like >>338036662 are why Killer7 is such a powerful game for. Years after release, folks still discuss in earnest interpretations of this game.

Any more games like this? Maybe Pathologic?
>>
>>338039482
Deadly Premonition is exactly the game you want.

the thing about Killer7 is that it's kind of a perfect storm that's hard to recreate. You've got a largely independent creative type with a unique perspective, whose got a unique story to tell and is kind of forced to tell it within constrained circumstances, which contributes to its ambiguity.

It's telling that none of Suda's games since have hit the same height of narrative complexity as Killer7. No More Heroes is good, but it's about three or four levels of storytelling more shallow than Killer7.
>>
>>338039482
Drakengard/NieR series has a bunch of side materials created by its creator, to support the story. In threads on /v/, people still discuss about the timeline and their theories about it, occasionally. Unfortunately, the threads are now mostly filled with waifu pandering, dick praising, watch the LP/play the game discussions and lately console warriors.

Bloodborne gave birth to a ridiculous 90 page plot analysis.

Can't think of any other but Pathologic is definitely in the same vein and has a bunch of fans on /v/ so we get really good threads every once in a while.
>>
>>338040378
Bloodborne's plot is hard to parse because nobody really tells you anything outside your immediate tasks, so you have to do it all by yourself.

Killer7, on the other hand, is complicated because people tell you things all the time but they talk in riddles like it's a David Lynch movie, and sometimes contradict each other.
>>
>>338040281
>>338040378
Thank you, Anons. I've played and loved NMH, still have NMH2 in backlog. NeiR seems up my alley, and Bloodborne too once I get a PS4 in November.

Deadly Premonition is probably exactly what I'm looking for. There is a following and degree of praise surrounding it is intriguing.

>>338040281
Your point about creative freedom but development/time constraints is what thrilled me in particular with Killer7. It's exactly the feeling I had when I was younger and played Earthbound (and subsequently Yume Nikki) for the first time.

As an audience member, I definitely felt this development pressure when playing Killer7. There are so many ideas and themes that the director/writers are trying to convey to the audience, but it's pallable that they have a constricted schedule and budget to deliver it through. This restriction did not hinder the game I feel, but only made it more intriguing through its ambiguity.
>>
>>338041559
*palpable, I meant to say instead of pallable
>>
>>338041559
>Your point about creative freedom but development/time constraints is what thrilled me in particular with Killer7

The best example of this is reflecting back on Encounter (the Curtis Blackburn chapter) in relation to the end of Smile.

At the start of Encounter, Garcian mentions that Curtis killed Dan at some point in the past. But then you play Smile and you see that Garcian/Emir killed Dan, so what happened exactly? Were the Killer7 working alongside Curtis for a prolonged period of time? Did Dan somehow break away from the group? Why exactly is it such a big deal, since Garcian can resurrect personas at will?

You read Hand in Killer7 and it sheds some light on things. Kun Lan won a game of chess with Harman, and in return Harman had to lease Dan to Curtis. This introduces and reinforces the idea that a persona can be ejected from the core to act on its own again. It also introduces the idea that Garcian's ability to resurrect dead personae is a new thing for the Syndicate, since it's only after Dan dies that he realizes he's capable of doing it.

You come to realize that it's such a big deal because it's the first time one of the Personae died and was brought back, which is why Dan has such a grudge against Curtis.
>>
I feel like this game would be perfect on the Wii.
>>
>>338016949
Lower specs for playing it

>tfw toaster
>>
File: MtSHmDW.png (157 KB, 516x440) Image search: [Google]
MtSHmDW.png
157 KB, 516x440
>>338016354
I really don't think it would benefit from a high resolution much. I think artificial scanlines or some retro VHS look would fit it well.
But a remake with better controls (aiming on ps2 was ass) and shorter loadtimes and transitions would improve it very much
>>
>>338042119
You're absolutely right, it definitely feels like a plot error that could have been resolved with either better editing, or a whole additional chapter to explain the conflicting and uncharacteristic interactions. Which ever case, more development time/resources would have likely solved the issue
>>
File: fsrjapan04.jpg (223 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
fsrjapan04.jpg
223 KB, 1024x768
>>
Someone remind me who Dimitri is again?
>>
>>338045403
A character who only exists in Hand in Killer7, the Japanese-only supplemental book which explains some stuff and confuses other stuff.

Dmitri, also called Three-Eyed Dmitri, is a figure from Harman Smith's past, way back in the late 1700s. He was an associate that Harman ended up killing and absorbing into his personae. He's the original owner of the God Killer power that allows the Smiths to hunt down and kill the Heaven Smiles.

Eventually Dmitri split off from the Smith Syndicate, lives for like 135 years and dies when Emir Parkreiner is born.

That's literally all that's known about the character. Everything else is complete conjecture.
>>
>>338045679
Ah, was mistaking him for the last boss.

It seems most people consider this game part of "Kill the past", even though it doesn't have much connection to the last two game. FSR was more connected to The Silver Case, while killer7 has one reference to FSR.
killer7 is also in apparently a separate universe?
>>
>>338045970
The only crossover is the existance of Edo McCallister at the Union Hotel, who was also the concierge at Lospass in Flower, Sun and Rain. I don't think it's anything more than a cameo though, since there's nothing in Killer7 otherwise referencing FSR.

FSR is a ridiculous game that makes even less sense than Killer7, but is also less fun to play.
>>
File: 1433157170252.jpg (28 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1433157170252.jpg
28 KB, 640x480
>>338045970
>killer7 has one reference to FSR.
Sundance Shot was originally going to be in k7.
>>
>>338043535
What you want is the Gamecube vesion.
>>
>>338046280
Hopefully I can understand some of the stuff near the end of FSR when I finally get to play The Silver Case.
Also hoping that game is good.

>>338046347
Wonder if the plot would've been much different if he had stayed in.
>>
>>338046347
Ha, that would have been great. Put an end to him and his stupid hyena eye.

I've never seen that screenshot before, is that from beta material in K7?
>>
>>338046505
>>338046598
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvhNEPfjV-w
The trailer he appears in consists entirely of footage that never made it into the game.
>>
File: 1460210141588.png (88 KB, 380x264) Image search: [Google]
1460210141588.png
88 KB, 380x264
>One of those guys who cares about Gameplay over anything else in a game
>Came out severely disappointed with Killer 7

Shit sucks when you're left caring only about the mechanics of a game because narrative in video games is literally 0% of importance to you.
I liked the idea of Killer7s gameplay. Basically a dungeon crawler with The House of The Dead gameplay.. But holy shit I should have been warned this game loves its story.
>>
Is nobody gonna mention that almost half the game is a se7en reference?
>>
Dissociative Identity always sound rather sad to me

https://my.mixtape.moe/ueqhcs.ogg

>>338046598
The silver eye?
Was mentioned in FSR but couldn't really understand it. Not releasing TSC left many in the dark to the events later in the game.
>>
>>338046690
Killer7 is also a satire of Resident Evil, in that almost every single puzzle is solved by finding some weird artifact, all of which are called "Odd Engravings" and putting it into an obscure slot somewhere that causes like a bookcase to retract so you can advance. It's great.

>>338046803
If I recall correctly, the whole reason for Lospass to exist is to raise a specices of genetically engineered hyenas whose eyes can be implanted into people to make them immortal.

Yup.

>>338046735
Can you elaborate? I've never heard this theory before.
>>
>>338047078
>If I recall correctly, the whole reason for Lospass to exist is to raise a specices of genetically engineered hyenas whose eyes can be implanted into people to make them immortal.
Fuck, I should seriously finish this game. I enjoyed the whole "use the guidebook to solve puzzles" mechanic, but running through the beach was a chore.
>>
>>338047078
IIRC the silver eye does something else as well. Tokio got one and he put the island into a time loop, or so he said.

Who's Sundance Shot by the way?

>>338047240
It gets crazy near the end.
>>
File: Susie.jpg (9 KB, 180x230) Image search: [Google]
Susie.jpg
9 KB, 180x230
>>338047078
What does this remind you of?
>>
File: kaede.png (271 KB, 622x563) Image search: [Google]
kaede.png
271 KB, 622x563
>>338046670
Damn, Kaede looks much more cuter.
>>
Visionary Community is hype
https://my.mixtape.moe/wrcrdv.ogg

>>338047240
Also the entire game was meant to a chore. It was deliberately made annoying.
>>
>>338016947
What does goat mean?
>>
>>338047397
Fair point but Suzie is a fairly inconsequential figure in the story. She only exists to tell you stories about her career as a killer and to give you Rings. I don't know if I'd say half the game is a reference to that film.

>>338047728
I think Suda tried too hard in the case of FSR. I liked the part-time jobs in No More Heroes because they accomplished the task of being busy work while not being frustrating to play, merely tedious.

At least FSR had sweet classical music to listen to while running across the island again and again
>>
File: cornered.png.jpg (1021 KB, 2049x1025) Image search: [Google]
cornered.png.jpg
1021 KB, 2049x1025
Another thing that amuses me that apparently the original JP version already had English VA.

>>338047974
Some of the original tracks are also nice.
Opening: http://picosong.com/BmcW

Can't find the DS opening anywhere. Probably doesn't exist.
>>
Why did Emir kill everyone?
>>
>>338016354
I'm thinking about emulating the game because I really liked Killer is Dead.

What's its appeal?
>>
>>338016949
full VR support with motion tracked controllers for the guns
>>
>>338048220
I played it on the DS originally. Wasn't fun but I worked through it and got to the end, and just kind of stared in disbelief that the entire game's plot is meaningless and is just a big reference to The Silver Case, a game I could not ever have possibly played.

I'd honestly suggest checking out a Lets Play of it, which isn't something I usually say about Suda games. I'm sure you could still get something out of playing it yourself, but it's not, like, fun.
>>
>>338048851
I already finished it.
Couldn't understand much.
>>
>>338048585
>actually liked killer is dead
They're both different games, there's no lolsorandumb humor in killer7
>>
>>338046670
I remenber watching a trailer for Killer 7 on a CD from a videogame magazine.
It made me feel uncomrfortable like nothing ever did before.
>>
>>338041559
>Deadly Premonition
That game was so bad it was good
I literally drank cups of coffee everytime I played it
>>
>>338049018
There's a fuckton in FSR though.
I couldn't even understand that.
Maybe I should play it again.

Also: https://youtu.be/9_WtJmuU4_4
>>
>>338048439
Before he was Garcian he was the Bloody Heartland, a vicious killer from a long line of criminals under the influence of Kun Lan. Harman Smith (or some version of him at least) tried to control him when he was a student at Coburn, but Emir ended up killing him, and then the rest of the Smiths before committing suicide. Harman (again, a different version of him) absorbed Emir's persona and created another personal to contain him, a loyal and peaceful steward named Garcian.
>>
>>338049018
Killer is dead isn't random humor. Anyways majority of Sudas games have a connected universe.
>>
>>338048439
>Kun Lan convinces Emir's mother to engage in sexual relations with her son, Emir
>Emir kills his mom in response to her actions
>the entire engagement utterly destroys his Western person
>now free from Harman's influence, Emir is trained by Kun Lan to be his assassin

Something along those lines. It's been awhile since I went over the details.
>>
>>338046670
Ha ha ha yeah that trailer has nothing to do with the game and frankly has a completely different tone to the game itself. That's awesome.
>>
>>338031639
Wait until Nightmare mode.
You literally only kill enemies with executions. They might as well not have health bars
>>
>>338049093
WAS IT CUBE?

IF IT WAS, YOU'RE MAH NIGGA
>>
File: 1453544979960.jpg (17 KB, 288x499) Image search: [Google]
1453544979960.jpg
17 KB, 288x499
>>338049093
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjYxTjpCwzw
>>
>>338050463
I spent the longest time trying to find the music that played in their DVD intro. I've heard it since in other trailers and TV shows but I never found out what it was.
>>
>>338049992
Kun Lan's story about Emir being hit on by his mother is super weird and doesn't fit into the timeline of the game in any coherent way.

>There once was a young man who had a promising future. The center back position was his to keep and no one could take that away from him. Any play was a fair play, no one blew the whistle on him. Everybody loved him. Not to mention his campus sweetheart, ooh she was something. They were the perfect couple. He graduated from Columbia with an MBA, his
opportunity was infinite. He could do whatever he wanted with his life, but was he satisfied? No. Every night he would cry, begging the Lord.
Something deep within needed awakening. Then one day it happened, that moment when the subconscious rises to the surface. Well the way it triggered was very simple. It happened when his mother came onto him one night.

The problem is that when Emir died at the Union Hotel, he was a 13 year old kid. The story makes perfect sense as the catalyst for Emir's psychotic break, except that it's totally impossible.

I have no clue where that fits into the plot. It might be a consequence of cut content or older plot revisions left in after changes had been made.
>>
>>338050707
I'm curious. Do you have a link to any of the other trailers or TV shows you've heard it in?
>>
>>338051113
I definitely remember it used to be the credits theme for a show called Europe's Greatest Stunts. That was years ago though.
>>
>>338050761
It might just be something that was overlooked. It makes total sense other than, as you mentioned, not fitting the timeline anywhere. The psychotic break has to happen before he kills the Smiths, meaning before he's 13, which doesn't make any sense given the backstory is that of the typical American highschool/college athlete.

It's not something that actually occurred to me until you just brought it up, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was something that got scrambled in all the revisions and planning.
>>
File: 1459183984168.gif (358 KB, 500x357) Image search: [Google]
1459183984168.gif
358 KB, 500x357
>>338023596
>>
>>338047880
Greatest Of All Time
>>
>>338051429
Yeah, the trouble isn't just that it's hard to fit in, but that it's impossible-- you can't have Emir, the 13 year old mass murderer behind the Killer7 incident and also Emir the all-American corrupted by Kun Lan into an agent of western destruction. They aren't compatible.
>>
bump to save an awesome thread.
>>
>>338050463
Nah it was a french magazine called Gameplay 128.
>>
did anyone else find killer is dead to be kind of shitty?
>>
>>338052018
Thank you!
>>
File: 34.png (237 KB, 1390x865) Image search: [Google]
34.png
237 KB, 1390x865
>>338053930
suda's been dead for a while
>>
>>338054515
Short peace was pretty good.
>>
>>338053930
I thought the gameplay felt really fluid and natural. It was satisfying as fuck to throw a grunt over your shoulder via parry and continue your combo. The core gameplay and aesthetic were the only things I enjoyed though. Shit was somehow more disjointed than a fucking Platinum game, which makes replaying it an absolute chore when the gameplay is constantly interrupted. What plot is there was interesting, and the characters likable, but what is set up is hardly expanded upon. You can't even come to the beginnings of a reasonable conclusion despite the game building things up, which made it really unsatisfying, at least story-wise. Mondo's wire form was gorgeous though. Really makes me wish we had games with more deformed player characters.
>>
>>338054515
The problem is that No More Heroes was kind of a smashing success almost inspite of itself, and that kind of catapulted Suda into the limelight, which can be death for a real creative individual.

We'll probably never get games as original and interesting as Killer7 and No More Heroes again. The irony being that Grasshopper's motto is "Punk's Not Dead". They went from, like, Husker Du to Green Day over the course of a decade.
>>
File: FSR.gif (117 KB, 386x290) Image search: [Google]
FSR.gif
117 KB, 386x290
Does anyone have any idea what that sequence of characters in the righthand side of the pause screen is supposed to be?
I've often assumed it to be several lines of code,
however I'm not sure if its supposed to mean anything or if its just for show.
>>
>>338054756
That list just points out that he stopped working on video games as a director after No More Heroes got released. All Grasshopper's been doing since then is just shitting out video games under his long dead artistic vision.

>>338055090
I feel like Mikami had a huge impact on Killer7 and that's why it was a great success. Kinda like how Twin Peaks worked out with Lynch's vision and Mark Frost's involvement. Mikami was leveling Suda.

We were going to get a Mikami x Suda game again with Shadows of the Damned but EA fucked everything up.
>>
>>338055684
Man I just can't conceive of a universe where Shadows of the Damned is any good. I'm probably just ruined by how lame it was but it's just beyond me.

Has anyone played Contact? I tried playing it and found it interesting but ultimately boring and gave up pretty early on.
>>
Does anyone know if Masufumi(song composer) is remastering ghe soundtrack for silver case?

Also, did anyone else get Suda vibes from dangan ronpa? Masufumi worked on the music and the sound effects give the feeling of grasshopper games, and super dangan 2 with the island motif was a straight nod at FSR.
>>
>>338039482
Xenogears fits the bill if you're looking for "crazy unfinished epic"
>>
>>338049093
Was it this one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJd5-G-KHq8
>>
>>338055090
The worst part is that they LITERALLY sold out - Grasshopper went from being an independent studio to a subsidiary of a big Korean publisher.
>>
>>338057905
Ah, see, that I hadn't known. Who's the culprit?
>>
>>338059107
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/GungHo_Online_Entertainment
>>
Two questions if any anon can help:

1) Was this game only voiced in English or is there a JP dub for it? I know some of Suda51's games are english only, but just curious if Killer 7 ever had a JP dub?

2) Is the emulated ps2 version any good? Don't want to install Dolphin on my brother's PC if I don't have too.
>>
>>338016354
>tfw killer is dead didn't capture the original feeling of killer 7
Was it upposed to? I did not get the impression that it was supposed to be a linked game in any way.
>>
>>338056298
The colors and tones of the 3D hub in DR1 reminded me of Killer7 for sure, and several tracks off the former are distinctly reminiscent of the latter to the point where I got auditory dejavu.

I dunno about the island though. They're pretty intent on giving each game a different theme, so much so that they've labeled each one as schoolpunk, islandpunk, and cyberpunk (don't quote me on the first one).
>>
>>338054515
>Suda Golden Age ends with No More Heroes
>Desperate Struggle
>Let it die
Like pottery.
>>
>>338059343
There's no JP dub, although in the JP version the ghosts' voices aren't as heavily distorted and they just speak in Babelfish Engrish.
Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.