[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best Souls game /v/? http://www.strawpoll.me/10243031
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1459627389553.gif (704 KB, 245x230) Image search: [Google]
1459627389553.gif
704 KB, 245x230
What is the best Souls game /v/?
http://www.strawpoll.me/10243031
>>
>>338012340

Who's that semen demon?
>>
>>338012448
Ksenia Solo from lost girl
>>
I voted Dark Souls because I haven't finished Bloodborne and the others are inferior

I also played Demon's Souls first but I'm not a nostalgiacuck, though to be fair it's got the most replay value along with Dark Souls 1.
>>
>hundreds, if not, thousands of strawpolls created on /v/ to answer this question
>creates a new strawpoll anyway

OP the fucking madman
>>
Titan Souls
>>
>>338012340
Demon's I really can't judge properly because nostalgia. In my mind, it's perfect, but I know it isn't. It's probably one of the most flawed.
Dark Souls loses all of its charm and sense of adventure in after the lord vessel, and level design starts to degrade. All bosses and enemies can be beaten by walking around them and mashing R1. Best NPCs in the franchise, making the world feel pretty great. None of the others come close to that.
Dark Souls 2 has some terrible world building and level design, plays like a Souls game made by a fan. Mediocre enemy designs, but introduces some features to improve the game.
Bloodborne reduces equipment variety but a fucking huge amount, but introduces a lot of elements that makes the game enjoyable to play. Despite the single playstyle, the viable variety is improved by weapon movesets, and the gameplay is 'refined' to play like a slightly better action game than before. Has some mistakes like weapon gems.
Dark Souls 3, ignoring the PvP and Poise (because the latter was always garbage anyway), has probably taken everything from the earlier games and put it in a melting pot. It comes out as a good game, but will struggle to compete against the nostalgia people have for the earlier games and thus tries to take from that.

To me, it seems like
DeS: Nostalgia
DaS: NPCs/World
DaS2: PvP
BB: Gameplay
DaS3: All of the above but none done as well.
>>
>>338012340

Lords of the Fallen > DS2 > DS:SotFS > DeS > DS 3 > DS 1
>>
>>338016547

Oh shit I mean

Lords of the Fallen > DS2 > DS:SotFS > DeS > Bloodborne > DS 3 > DS 1
>>
>>338012340
>every cuck voting das1
you tried playing it after das3? it feels like shit. also imagine if das1 came out after das3. you'd fucking hate it.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.