[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your opinion on League of Legends? I recently started
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: Vi_0.jpg (354 KB, 1215x717) Image search: [Google]
Vi_0.jpg
354 KB, 1215x717
What is your opinion on League of Legends?

I recently started playing it because all my friends were into it and I felt like a dick always saying no to trying it out. Went in expecting to hate it since /v/ shitposts about how crap MOBA's are, but I just hit level 30 and have actually been having quite a bit of fun.

The fanbase seems pretty cancerous, but the actual game is enjoyable IMO even though I'm pretty shit still.

I've never played DOTA so I can't comment on that or the differences. Can someone explain a little about that?
>>
Dota is better

No grinding and community is less cancerous and more autistic
>>
The game isn't bad, the community can get annoying especially in ranked, it's not bad if you don't mind grinding for champs but that's what weekly rotations are for, gets boring if playing alone for too long
>>
I don't know how people can enjoy that kind of game, a few years ago I played a MOBA because it had a steam summer achievement and it was awful, then I tried DOTA 2 and it was a borefest.
>>
File: 1453581238759.jpg (94 KB, 850x481) Image search: [Google]
1453581238759.jpg
94 KB, 850x481
>>338003064
Dota is the original and the better game, you wont get shafted with endless grinding or paying to have the chance to be consistently competitive.
>>
>>338003064
DotA is better for many reasons, but they both have shitty communities where they will cry I REPORT U or insult you in the mic if you make one mistake.
Also once you play high level matches with your friends you might discover a side of them you didnt know. These games bring the worst out of people.
>>
>>338003064
I like the gameplay but holy shit is the community fucking terrible.
>>
File: LoL Ahri river.jpg (784 KB, 850x1164) Image search: [Google]
LoL Ahri river.jpg
784 KB, 850x1164
Dota has character turning speeds so some characters spin around slower. Auto-attack wind up which in league only Kalista has. You can kill your own minions to deny the enemy gold. When you die you lose gold, so snowballing teams is more common in dota 2 in my opinion/experience. Meta is more flexible in dota 2. Dota 2 also doesn't have runes and masteries, and all champs are free where you only pay for cosmetics which in my opinion is the best thing about the game.
Dota has no "B" to teleport back to base. You must walk to fountain to heal. There is a team shared "courier" that can bring items to your lane that you buy. Teleport scrolls can be bought to take you to base or towers. There are more "active" items in dota, more "passive" items in league.
All characters in Dota 2 use mana. League has multiple systems from mana to rage, to energy, to nothing at all but CD.
That said, I prefer league.
>>
Dota is a lot like League in most ways, but I like it better.

>slightly less cancerous community
>everybody starts every game with the same options (don't have to buy characters, no runes or masteries, etc.)
>generally less rigid with who/how you play (can vary between patches)
>more explosive teamfights
>no p2w at all

The best ASSFAGGOT always whichever one that your friends play, though.
>>
File: dMoTDof.webm (784 KB, 240x426) Image search: [Google]
dMoTDof.webm
784 KB, 240x426
I like HOTS better. But I'm into Warcraft lore
>>
>>338003064
>friends
literally the only justifiable reason to play this shit game and even then I have to question your friendships
>>
>>338004294
I've played a decent chunk of hots.
Its ok. Its more of a time killer or a some fun with friends, but never something I can take as serious as league or dota 2.
Enjoyable though.
>>
>>338003064
>These first few games didn't seem so bad!

They never do anon. They never do.
>>
>>338004294
I could never get into HotS, every character feels like a monster truck that can take a billion damage and still just walk back to base to heal.

I give some props to Blizzard for being basically the only company to make an ASSFAGGOTS variation that actually had some unique ideas, though. The genre is pretty stale and everybody seems to think that if they make their game just like Dota or LoL then the Dota or LoL player base will suddenly change games and come to them.
>>
i've been playing it on and off for years
it's a decent game but the dev team is belligerent and arrogant as fuck
i've actually started dabbling in DOTA 2 (even though it's an awful game) just to get away from riot, absolutely disgusting company
>>
>>338004895
Riot isn't disgusting, TenCent is.
Altough Riot looks like they don't know what the fuck they are doing.
>>
>>338003064
Both LoL and Dota can be fun if you're playing with friends. Just don't expect much from the communities. The people tend to act like manchildren slinging insults that even 12 year olds would feel ashamed to say.
>>
While the game itself is fun, and the characters are interesting, if a bit unoriginal, the community is complete and utter cancer, and the devs aren't different.

Mechanically, it's very shallow and simple. Dota 2 has more depth, and a higher skill ceiling. Also I find Dota to be more fun to play than LoL, but that's just my opinion.
>>
I only got into it via my friends because they are never willing to play support so it ended up as my main role.
>>
Shut up and post Jinx butt
>>
File: Sona and Ahri.jpg (693 KB, 787x1033) Image search: [Google]
Sona and Ahri.jpg
693 KB, 787x1033
>big uneeded change happens for seemingly no reason
>everyone complains about it but Riot doesn't actually remove it
>everyone gets used to new thing
>repeat
>>
>>338005820
RiotLyte was pretty disgusting, but he's gone now.
>>
>>338003064
It went to shit when the character select screen stopped showing your team on the upper row
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.