[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so /g/ i just bought a ps4 today took it home and did the system
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
so /g/ i just bought a ps4 today took it home and did the system update all with no problem

go to log into my playstation network account and all i get is a bunch of DNS and cannot connect due to time out bullshit clearly my internet is working because im posting this from my laptop right now and it did the system update i tried to update my routers firmware but it said there isnt any updates and i manually changed the DNS adress in my ps4 to the public google one (ps forums said this worked for a lot of people) and its still not working
pls help
>>
Have you tried to ask in /v/?
>>
>>337993907
/g/ told me to come to /v/ and i forgot to change the g to a v when i copypasted
>>
restart it
if you bought it used, factory reset it
>>
>>337993563

>Updated my PS4
>Not buying an old fw PS4 so you could mod it

How horrifying.
>>
Restart everything until it connected. Happened at least once to my tablet, laptop, phone and multiple time to my desktop.
>>
>>337993563
Do you have any other consoles?

If so, unplug them.

It sounds retarded but I can't use my PS4 online unless my Wii U is off.
>>
ive restarted the ps4 and router both several times now
>>
>>337995296
Oh, I should of mentioned the logic behind this. A friend of mine recommended doing this, said it stops other devices from hogging all the bandwidth or something. I thought it was bullshit but you can't deny the results.
>>
>>337995835
theres a wii but its turned off and my laptop but thats it
>>
if it helps any the error im getting the most is NW-31247-7
>>
File: Homer3.jpg (36 KB, 599x389) Image search: [Google]
Homer3.jpg
36 KB, 599x389
>>337993563
>so /g/ i just bought a ps4
>/g/
>i just bought a ps4
>>
Unplug the cable, try other hole.
>>
>>337993563
Just lemme confirm some stuff.

You're connecting to the right network, right? And you entered in the details right? SSID, password, etc?

Try taking the password off your router for a bit and try again. If it works, either you entered it in wrong or your password is using a protocol the PS4 doesn't like.
>>
>>337996329
the internet is on and working just fine for everything but logging into the psn
>>
>>337996074
This sounds stupid, but try to log in with headphones plugged in ds4
>>
>>337994718
Not OP, but what benefits are there to modding one?
>>
>>337998063
idk what that would have to do with anything but i tried it
didnt work
>>
>>337998969
I meant those headset with mic, it could be about voice commands
>>
>>338000364
my headphones have a mic
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.