[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw no good survival games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6
File: 1463253170336.jpg (60 KB, 980x400) Image search: [Google]
1463253170336.jpg
60 KB, 980x400
>>
>Try to play a "survival" game
>It is just about finding items to keep your meters maxed with no other objectives
>>
NEO Scavenger
UnRealWorld

unless you're some kind of graphicsfag, in which case you can fuck off back to your casual RUST
>>
>tfw no good survival of the fittest/death games
>>
File: socratesgettingshitpouredonhim3.jpg (442 KB, 962x1340) Image search: [Google]
socratesgettingshitpouredonhim3.jpg
442 KB, 962x1340
>>337992885
this makes me feel so bad
>>
>>337992705
That book/movie/real thing that really happened was so dumb.
>Hey, rich white kids goes out into the woods and dies because he's a fucking idiot
>Feel bad
>>
Robinson's Requiem
>>
>>337992705
tfw he could have crossed that river if he walked a little futher.
>>
>>337992705
>yfw State of Decay focused on specialized zombies and fetch quests that did nothing to make a mediocre game but it would have been perfect with just normal weak zombies and supplies being the main focus
>>
>>337994702
The stupidest thing he did was not get over his fear of water before going on his adventure.
>>
Imagine not understanding into the wild at all"
> he's so dumb
+
Chris McCandless simulator
>>
>>337996974
wouldn't that just be 7 days to die?
>>
>>337996974
yeah State of Decay, thats the one i played. probably the most promising survival game i played. that sucks that it went in the wrong direction.
>>
>>337996974
eh i liked it enough
>>
>>337992705
subnautica is decent

rust is SJW tier

Not too sure about stranded deep. haven't played it
>>
>>337996974
too bad that hd edition or whatever was fucking trash
>>
What about the long dark or the forest? anyone play those?
>>
>>337998167
because they focused and expanded on all the worst elements of the game
>>
>>337992705
Wilderness Survival was probably the best
To bad Warcraft 3 is dead now.
>>
>>337998167
does it make it worse? i wanna buy the game on steam but its the only option
>>
>>337998198
The forest is alright I guess. I bought it when it was first announced. It was literally unplayable because of every reason possible.
They've been updating it every 2 weeks and the game is quite good now, a few bugs in coop but nothing game breaking. I think they'll finish it before this year is over. Might be a good idea to wait but if you really want to play it it'd be fine too.
>>
>>337994702
don't forget the mad gay overtones of him with the old guy

>late at night
>young guy strips to his briefs to do his laundry
>old man walks in, wondering what the noise is
>young guy in briefs leans against the wall smilling: "oh hey"

good god that scene needed some music, i honestly thought they were going to fuck right there
>>
>>337992705
> tfw abou to finish college
> I feel like going full supertramp after it
>>
>mfw chris mccandless was a fucking idiot
"I just realized it's fucking cold I should have stayed at home" -famous last words
>>
The long dark is a pretty good survival game. It feels like a survivor man simulator. Not to mention it being max comfy when you hole up in a comfy cabin with roaring fire and meat roasting while cleaning your rifle or sewing some new clothes during a roaring blizzard.
>>
>>337992705

The Long Dark is an excellent survival game, probably the best out at the moment.
>>
>Open world
>Early access
>Survival
>Crafting
Not even once.
>>
I feel like survival games are made better when they are created as something else, with the survival mechanics added in later.

Minecraft in the early beta perfectly captured the feeling of going from washing up on a beach to living in your diamond encrusted lava fortress.
>>
>>338000868
it's not the genre it's just no one has done the genre right
>>
>>337999109
It's the same.

I emailed the staff of undead labs to tell them how insulted I was by the debacle, and actually got a reply.
>>
>>338000804
so boring
>>
>>338001292
You think survival is a fucking party? Found the sperg who has never set foot in the wilderness.
>>
>>338001074
Yeah thats entirely fair. I agree it has the potential to be a great genre it just has not been done yet.
>>
Survival games:

>repetitively doing un-fun chores in order to upgrade shit; maybe it will be fun with upgraded shit?
>try to explore, get murdered
>try to upgrade shit, maybe one day I will get a weapon which doesn't suck arse?
>die, lose all my shit, need to start from scratch
>holy fuck, I've sunk 19 hours into this, where's the fun?

Long, tedious, dull, Dark.
Meh, Survival Evolved.
7 Days to Yawn
Subnautthisshitagain

>Really, though, when's it get fun?
>>
>>338001521
>In the wilderness with fresh air, beautiful scenere, excercise, nature smells, excitement.
versus
>minimist graphics, box opening simulator or bashing rocks for 2 hours in order to try and kill a giant lizard with a bamboo spear

Party or not, I expect video games to be fun.
(yaaaaaaaaawn)
>>
Survival Games:

"Hey guys! I've made this game engine, you can wander around and there are animals! Aw, but I am shit out of ideas for gameplay and story... Fuck it, it's a survival game"

>called survival because you need endurance in order to continue past the great, unassailable best of boredom

"damn, I nearly lasted for 5 hours but then my fucks ran out"
>>
>>337992705

Yes, I also noticed that. I other news, there are no kind sadists.
>>
>>337992705
There's Project zomboid if you don't mind those graphics/that gameplay style. Also zombies.
then NEO Savenger as >>337992902 said.
>>
>>337997971
I like stranded deep but there's really not much to do once you
>get a shack
>kill crabs
>get stuff from underwater
>kill a shark
>find volleyball 'wilson' if that's still a thing
I can't figure out what else there is atm in the game Exploring's pretty minimum since you can see the map when you make the world. It's pretty though.
>>
Fallout 4 has a great survival mode
>>
File: JUST for men.jpg (126 KB, 504x942) Image search: [Google]
JUST for men.jpg
126 KB, 504x942
>>337992705
>tfw don't starve is still the only survival game to make it out of early access
>>
>>338001521
No, but video games better be
>>
>tfw no game that lets you play as a homeless serial killer

GTA V first person fills the void for only a few hours
>>
File: wilderness.jpg (173 KB, 640x907) Image search: [Google]
wilderness.jpg
173 KB, 640x907
Haven & Hearth was a great survival game until it became a Russian autist meta-game grief simulator.

Also, a good retro survival game was Wilderness, but it was more scenario simulation rather than open-world.
>>
I'M A SOLJAH
I'M A SOLJAH
I'M A SOLJAH
I'M A SOLJAH
I'M A SOL-JAH, SOL-JAH, SOL-JAH-JAH
JA SOLDAT
>>
I really like the long dark
>>
File: Sunrise.jpg (228 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Sunrise.jpg
228 KB, 1920x1080
The Forest is good and getting better with every update.
>>
>>338007210
think its best to wait or buy it now? the other anon said to wait for the full release
>>
>>337992705
Real Life.exe
>>
>>338007596
I bought it on release, and came back to it a few months ago, and it absolutely astonished me how much they've manager to expand upon it.

Get it on sale and you'll really enjoy it.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.