[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark souls 3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 207
Thread images: 30
File: image.jpg (480 KB, 1200x1575) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
480 KB, 1200x1575
>it's just like a player character, an overpowered as fuck character
>it's like fighting a hacker actually
>it's literally like fighting fighting a player character that had cheated the fuck out of his stats

-ENB

Couldn't have said it better.

Gehrman>Gwyn>Nashandra>Allant>>>>>>>>soul of cinder
>>
He wasn't stating that as a negative critique.
>>
Pretty epic thread you got here OP.
>>
>completely misses the point
>>
File: 1459760076071.webm (2 MB, 840x472) Image search: [Google]
1459760076071.webm
2 MB, 840x472
>>337964165
>>it's like fighting a hacker actually
>implying
>>
>>337964165

>couldn't have said it better

What the fuck?

It's just fighting different builds. That's it.

It isn't like fighting a hacker or a cheater.
>>
File: 1459760508697.webm (3 MB, 840x472) Image search: [Google]
1459760508697.webm
3 MB, 840x472
>>337964383
Dark Souls Hackers webm thread?
>>
>>337964480
it's like fighting someone with 5 weapon slots and access to all magic
>>
>>337964383
>my planet needs me.webm
>>
>>337964165
I'm pretty sure he wasn't saying that as a criticism. I also had a similar reaction and Soul of Cinder is one of my favorite bosses in the series and feels like From's reaction to getting shit for easy final bosses.
>>
>>337964165
That's the point. Then it switches to Gwyn in the second phase because he was [at his peak] the strongest Lord of Cinder. It reminded me of fighting a Max Level player in the forest, pull out a weapon with lots of bleed and dodge like crazy. I'd still put him higher than Nashandra.

Also by your logic you should put Gehrman down at the bottom as well since his fight is like a player character as much as Soul of Cinder is like one.
>>
>>337964929
Correct. He was making a simple observation that anyone could have thought when they first fought him. It doesn't take much longer to understand why the boss fights the way it does. It's obvious that ENB understood what the first phase meant, but didn't bother bringing it up or giving his thoughts on it because he wants to hold onto sharing his actual thoughts until he beats the boss(which is what he's done for a lot of the bosses. Not all of them of course, but a lot).
>>
>>337964667
I invaded a guy who I couldn't hit, and would use hidden body whenever he came across enemies to get the drop on them. I followed him around a bit in case enemies killed him and showed him a few secrets but he hardly took any damage. Why even bother playing like that?
>>
File: 1463471813897.jpg (69 KB, 680x900) Image search: [Google]
1463471813897.jpg
69 KB, 680x900
>>337964165
This has to be a fucking bait
Gehrman>Soul of Cinder>>>>>>>>Gwyn=Allant>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nashandra
>>
Lads, where do I go after I killed amygdala in bb? The only other boss I've found is Logarius who is too hard right now. He's optional, right?
>>
>>337964165

>souls "veteran"
>can't figure out the soul of cinder is made of all players that linked the fire
>calls it a cheater
>proceeds to suck the dick of gwyn putting his lame ass ds1 song when the remix in das3 is fucking beast and actually good

fucking bravo cuck
>>
>>337965361
Did you kill Rom?
>>
>>337965361
Here comes the fucking shitposter, no one cares fucking sonygger your moviestation is dead and has no games. Stop derailing nice threads.
>>
>>337965497
Yes, and One Reborn also.
>>
>>337964165
Now, we all know Gerhman and Nashandra are just sumbolic final bosses and not the real deal.

Also
>implying anything is as bad as Allant

I hate when from excuses good ganeplay to make a plot point.
>>
>>337965296
>Nashandra below Gwyn and Allant

Nay
>>
>>337965705
Go into the room behind the One Reborn's arena and caress a caged cadaver.
>>
>>337965424
Incorrect. Not once does he call the actual boss a cheater. He instead merely makes connections to his mechanics to that of an actual cheater.

It's not rocket science to know that bosses in video games are meant to have advantages over you, usually to make the victory more triumphant. Even ENB understands this. Therefore, his statement isn't that far from the truth.

Don't be that guy. If he actually thought the boss itself was cheap or unfair, he would have stated it.
>>
>Nashandra
>Better than anything
>>
>>337964165
Why is the comments disabled on his dark souls 3 videos?
>>
>>337965975
I did. That lead me directly to amygdala. I can't see anywhere else to go in nightmare though.
>>
>>337966234
YouTube comments are bad.
>>
>>337965296
I agree with this.
But the meme man in your picture was not a good boss
>>
>>337964165
Okay bloodcuck.

Soul of cinder is far, far better than any other final boss, he both can't be parried, and has a hugely versatile moveset, he probably has something ridiculous like over 30 moves.

The overall quality of the bosses goes:

Soul of Cinder>>Gehrman>Gwyn>>False King>>>Moon Presence>>Nashandra>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Literal shit>Aldia>>>king allant
>>
Was Cinder an actual person? The armor description mentions something about it only being an empty husk or something. Was it just a living armor?
>>
File: 1353647323928.jpg (71 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
1353647323928.jpg
71 KB, 853x480
>>337966558
>>>king allant

...bait?
>>
>>337967014
the goo allant, not the false one
>>
>>337966234
Before the playthrough he made a video and a post about trying to keep himself as blind as he possibly could for DaS3. He mentioned seeing some pictures, interviews and videos before the complete blackout, but other than that he eventually made the decision to cut himself off entirely for the sake of having that feeling of playing the game for the first time. He also wanted to interpret the lore and story at his own pace and wanted to bring back the feeling of being ok with being wrong. Basically, he wanted to do DaS3 much like how he did DaS1, and what made his channel so popular in the first place.

Unfortunately, in order to achieve this feeling for the LP, he had to make some pretty drastic decisions. He hired someone else to read all his comments and twitter replies for him and pick out which ones were safe to read and which ones weren't. He also made an effort to stay off any video game or dark souls related news sites, so as to not accidentally read a headline that potentially spoils everything. He's also limited his interactions with people on twitter, and a couple of other things.

Obviously, this is only temporary while he enjoys the first couple of playthroughs. Once he's comfortable, he'll stop disabling comments and masking his presence
>>
>>337964165

>nashandra
>above anything on that list

Stop posting anytime
>>
File: 1461920378270.jpg (437 KB, 900x776) Image search: [Google]
1461920378270.jpg
437 KB, 900x776
PUM

PA

RUM
>>
>>337966869
hollows are empty husks
>>
Soul of Cinder > Gehrman > Gwyn > Allant > Nashandra
>>
>>337967179
Oh fuck, I'm just stoned. My bad. Carry on.
>>
>>337966558
Soul of cinder is a joke because of the op weapons in souls 3 and how you can stagger any boss with 3 hits from a dinky sword
>>
>>337967404
This. Basically. literally.
>>
Fighting the real allant is one of the best moments in a souls game.

Fuck this hardcore crowd that demands a boss has to be tough in order for it to be "good."
>>
>>337964165
>DAE ENB SUX XDXD

If someone told me this was ENB post this shit to get views or something I wouldn't even be a little bit surprised.
Stop being so obsessed with this internet personality who makes free youtube videos you fuck.
>>
>2016
>pretending to have played Demon's Souls

Soul of Cinder > Allant > shit > everyone else

At least Allant has a gimmick that can scare you once but everyone, Allant included is a fucking jobber compared to completely non-optional bosses that come before them (especially Gwyn).

If you rate Gwyn above anything you're so bad at the game fucking Jesus.
>>
>>337967248
Should also mention that all of this actually paid off very well. His playthrough is by far the most entertaining, at least compared to TBF or spy. It's nice to see him be really genuine here. He's exampled how he tends to learn a boss and he's even been susceptible to anger and haste, much like any real player.
>>
>>337967404
No you can't

>inb4 "yes u can!!!!!"

provide proof that Soul of Cinder can be staggered in 3 hits with a SS. Oh wait, you can't, because you can't.
>>
>>337964673
Not all at once though, so what's the big deal.
>>
>>337965874
>Nashandra above anything but Moon Prescence
>>
>>337967628
Gehrman is really good too
>>
>>337967608
He didn't say ENB sucked though, he agreed with a statement ENB made, dummy
>>
>>337964165
Lord of Cinder would have been a better boss if; at low health, he started prioritizing rolls and drinking estus.

Lord of Cinder should also be able to summon phantoms.

Lastly he should have a "Two-handed Great Shield" mode. Perhaps he stays in that mode while at low health or during his last phase.
>>
Well his head isn't gigantic and he doesn't spam DPoL so I have to disagree on that one.
>>
>>337967628
>rating on how difficult the boss is
thats not what people are rating though....
>>
>>337967628
I like SoC because its like Miyazaki getting revenge for us cheezing Gwyn with parries. With first stage as an interest. Its both lazy and brilliant.
>>
File: 1461818967435.jpg (11 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1461818967435.jpg
11 KB, 320x320
>>337967827
>soul of cinder has a summoning gimmick like mirror knight
>soul of cinder is also a member of the way of the blue
>>
>>337967827
>started prioritizing rolls and drinking estus.
>should also be able to summon phantoms.
I bet the team suggested all of these but Miyazaki shut them down because they seemed too "unreasonable"
>>
>>337967750
I think Gehrman and Maria suck.
>>
>>337967827
Dont forget initial triple buffing and his frame perfect parries.
>>
As far as i'm concerned if you don't think Soul of Cinder is the coolest shit you have no soul. The moment i noticed i was in fact fighting a manifestation of all Chosen Undeads from DS1 has already become one of my favorite moments of any game i've ever played.
>>
File: 1396551519591.jpg (51 KB, 394x379) Image search: [Google]
1396551519591.jpg
51 KB, 394x379
>>337967990
>soul of cinder is also a member of the way of the blue
>still can't get my concords
>>
>>337968017
and then he went and gave parrying dagger blocking R1.
>>
File: pottery.jpg (55 KB, 448x298) Image search: [Google]
pottery.jpg
55 KB, 448x298
>>337964165
>fight mage/dex/knight in lothric
>fight mage/dex/knight as final boss
>>
>>337964165
I don't understand. This ENB, he streams games for money? And he still hasn't passed DaS3? How is that even possible? Why do people watch this type of shit?

So many questions. How is he remotely relevant or anything?
>>
>>337967692
As frustrating as this playthrough has been I seriously cringe at the thought of TBF's.

I think I'm about done with watching blind LP's for games I've played because the majoirty feel like an incredible waste of time.
>>
>>337966242
Go to the big door on the second floor of the Lecture Building.
>>
Nashandra was the worst fucking final boss in the entire series.

What a fucking letdown that fight was. It was spectacularly mediocre in every way. The only reason I even remember the fight at all is because it was the end of the game. If that fight was put in the middle of the game somewhere else, it'd just be another fight that I totally forgot about, no different than the royal rat authority or lmao2dragonrider

Fucking low-energy boss fight.

Soul of Cinder was good. Only thing I wish is that it was able to read your DaS1 save file and make SoC wear the armor your last-played DaS1 character was wearing.
Come on, you know you want to fight final boss giantdad.
>>
File: CZSk3P2WkAEAof3.jpg (37 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
CZSk3P2WkAEAof3.jpg
37 KB, 600x450
Is there a way to disable button queuing?

I've never died in a Souls game as much as I have because of that. Why did they even up the time frame? Combat is too fast paced in this installment for that to be useful.
>>
Honestly not that bad of a boss. second phase you just have to be really conservative with your damage.
>>
>>337968494
I understand how you feel. I'm surprised I even did it in the first place.
>>
Who has watched the one and only LPer here when it comos to Souls related content, Lobos Jr.? You guys are just stupid and ignorant if you believe that poise isn't working as intended and expect it to work just like in DkS 1.
>>
>watching people play games
i'll never understand
>>
File: disgust.jpg (69 KB, 562x530) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
69 KB, 562x530
>>337968723
>Final boss is my SL1 character with min/maxed armor that looked ugly as fuck
>>
>>337969042
>Never had slumber parties passing the controller.
Your life must be hollow as fuck.
>>
File: drake point.jpg (25 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
drake point.jpg
25 KB, 612x380
>>337969195
You have only yourself to blame. You reap what you sow
>>
>>337968449
he was one of the first to do walkthroughs for demons and dark souls and later did some lore videos

he also worked on the guide for 1, 2, and BB

3 is getting a lot of hate because he's playing blind and is pretty awful at live commentary

like it or not he's put in a lot of work for the community, beyond shitposting about balance and memes on forums
>>
>>337969581
Fair enough. Just curious because I don't understand it at all.
>>
>"Wow this boss is so easy"
>He says as the boss kicks his ass over and over without even reaching phase 2
>>
>Invade Archives
>Ground floor
>two Reds at entrance
>2 Whites and Host there as well
>FUCKING EVERYONE IS LAGGING
>Run in and break their blockade, they chase, Reds stand there, not even going for kill, then after I'm at the end of the hall run to join battle
>I try to dive back out
>Rubberband back and take a crystallized astora great sword through the back from a White
I hate this game.
>>
Can someone explain the story for Dark Souls II? I kinda want to skip it and go straight to III before the community dies out.
>>
>>337969581
Pretty sure he never did a complete Demon's walkthrough. Also never did that lore thing for BB, among many other things...
>>
Officially up to 800 failed Invasions. Ask someone THIS shit at the game anything.
>>
For complaining about ecelebs so much you sure love posting about them
>>
>>337965296
>it's a LE DS2 IS DOGSHIT episode

Come on guys, Dark Souls 2 SotFS is leagues better than Dark Souls 3.
>>
>>337970264
You go somewhere without knowing why and seek the king without knowing why and the king is a hollow and the queen tries to kill you and then you sit on the throne and the game reminds you that you don't know why and the throne will give you vague mystic powers
>>
>>337970329
Failed as in you lost every single invasion? How?
>>
>>337970532
My main overall issue with DaS2 is the way it controls.

I hate to use a bullshit term like "gamefeel" but I can't sum it up easily with any other word. I'm not sure of the root cause. But the controls are awfully slippery. Actions feel loose and sluggish. I'm not sure if its the actual controls themselves or if its the different physics engine or some other gameplay mechancis or what, but you know what I'm talking about.

You play DaS2 for a while and it just feels awful to play because of how loose and slippery it feels. And then you finally go back to DaS1 (or to BB or DaS3) and they all feel incredibly solid and tight. The controls are really good.

I had my first impressions of DaS2 and I just felt it was lacking something compared to the first game. And I stopped playing it after I completed it once close to launch. Didn't pick it up again until SotFS was on sale for cheap, and I thought "eh, maybe I didn't give it a fair go back then". So I start a new file and I go through the game, and I'm immediately hit with the same feeling of unsatisfying gameplay chiefly due to the awful-feeling controls. Ended up putting it down after beating Lost Sinner and never bothered picking it up again. It just feels like shit to play.

DaS2 has plenty of other problems in terms of retarded gameplay mechanics and bland level layout designa and such, but I'd play it a hell of a lot more if it controlled like any of the other souls games.
>>
>>337970264
>Didn't matter what ending people chose in Dark Souls because eventually someone will either link or not link the fire, it's a cycle.
>Centuries pass
>A bunch of hollow fags want to find meaning in their lives
>Literally that's the only reason the fire keeps getting linked
>This one King goes, "Fuck all that I'm gonna find a way to just beat this hollowing shit"
>His waifu, who is basically Manus 2.0, goes "You gotta embrace the dark bro"
>He does all sorts of fucked up shit
>Some nigga called Aldia makes a bunch of fake-ass dragons
>The King fails and hollows
>You show up, beat the fuck outta everything strong 'cus you need purpose in your life, then you take the throne
>DLC comes out
>You instead go beat the shit out of every king that tried to do something cool
>You're able to escape hollowing, but only you

Pretty much that's it.
>>
>>337970264
>go to drangleic in order to find a cure for the curse
>this plot element, the whole reason behind your journey, is never brought up again in the entire game
>meet emerald herald
>she tells you to collect powerful souls
>no explanation on why you should do this
>kill 4 old souls
>go to drangleic castle to BTFO the king even though you have no reason to do so
>sorry, your king is in another castle
>blah blah blah
>beat lady nito 2.0
>win game.
>>
File: Stale.jpg (35 KB, 425x322) Image search: [Google]
Stale.jpg
35 KB, 425x322
>>337970532
Don't they make a premium brand of this stuff?
>>
>>337970264
Manus' fragments turn up in various kingdoms as women that seduce the kings and then proceed to fuck everything up for everyone.

One of the kings had a brother, Aldia, who attempts to escape the cycle of light and dark. You find out that wearing the crowns of the kings makes you immune to hollowing for some reason. The ending choice is to either become the new monarch of the land after destroying one of the fragments of manus or to fuck off with Aldia and figure out a way to escape the cycle.

None of this is followed up in Dark Souls 3.
>>
File: DaS critique.gif (3 MB, 380x214) Image search: [Google]
DaS critique.gif
3 MB, 380x214
>>337964165
>final bosses shouldn't be hard

Fuck you, OP, you're the reason devs put shit like QTEs at the end of video games. Eat a bag of dicks. Soul of Cinder isn't even hard, he just requires patience and the ability to learn a moveset or two.
>>
>>337970701
Out of 1000 invasions, I've lost 800.
>How?
9/10ths of my games are versus multiple people 1 on 2 most of the time, as much as 1 on 7 once.
I am shit at the game and attempt to kill people with the Smough hammer 2-handed. Suffice to say, I am REALLY shit. Smough hammer does almost all the time, enough damage to get them to ALMOST nothing in 2 hits, but of course that means they back up and heal 100% of the time while my Stamina refills.
But as it turns out, it's ALMOST enough every time, but never enough. Even a falling attack seems to leave most people with BARELY enough. I had one guy survive with exactly 1 hp earlier today.
I invaded him again and dunked him again while he wasn't looking.
>>
>>337964165
>Soul of Cinder
>hard
Please choke on a bag of dicks OP
This game dissapointed me tbf, the lords were easy as fuck compared to fights like Dancer and Pontiff, ESPECIALLY motherfucking Pontiff
>>
>>337970751
I 100% agree with you, but never dare to mention the same thing because "gamefeel" sounds so stupid.
>>
>>337971397
>Dancer
>Hard
I've noticed people's opinions on the difficulty are all over the place. It's always either Pontiff and Dancer or Sage and SoC. Weird.
>>
>>337971207
I've played DaS a lot and I still don't understand how you're supposed to pass there. I basically just yolo and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
>>
>>337971275
In DaS3, there seems to be a mechanic where invasion priority is given to those with summons.

I've traveled through most of my DaS3 playthrough human and only got invaded twice (in the dragonfag area after sullivan, of course).
>>
File: 1447165765759.jpg (16 KB, 237x212) Image search: [Google]
1447165765759.jpg
16 KB, 237x212
>friend says he loves Dark Souls and can't wait for 3
>one playthrough with one weapon
>makes up random shit for lore
>started with 2 and thinks everything is related to 2
>goes back to playing CS:GO

Trust nobody except /v/.
>>
>>337971436
Is there a better way to phrase it? I can't think of any simple to use term to identify what I'm talking about without having to write several paragraphs to describe it every time.
>>
>>337964383
Every time.

Fuck Dark Souls 2
>>
>>337971616
I know that, but it's still tiresome to ALWAYS fight 1v2+
If you're wondering on that 1v7, host had 2 Sunbros, 3 Aldrich Faithful, and the other Invader was a Grape.
It was not a fight club either.
I have some Anons claim that is impossible. And yet, here I am.
>>
>>337971275
only times I've been invaded I have lost royally, though it has been always in a situation where I have aggroed three enemies and the invader just poked me with a spear from 500 yards away
>>
I've been cooping in High Wall a lot lately, but stand back from ganking an invader because I feel their pain too much.

Sometimes I cheer with them if they manage to beat the host + other phantom. I guess I'm a bad sunbro.
>>
>>337972184
No, not really. You have something many players lack, courtesy.
I used to have it until I realized 80% of the community is shit at PVP.
-Guy who Way of Blue Dried Fingers
HUNDREDS of Invasions, HUNDREDS of Blues and Darkmoon, DOZENS of CONCORDS EARNED
>>
>>337971541
Once you take a step on the bridge the Dragon flies in. What I used to do is take a quick step then circle around and talk to Solaire. Then you can run down the right side and you'll make it to the stairs before the dragon fires another blast off.
>>
File: fort fabulous.jpg (529 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
fort fabulous.jpg
529 KB, 1920x1080
>>337971869
Yeah, it's really a shame.

And there aren't any prime areas to fuck with people and use the environment to make up for the numbers disadvantage.

Like in DaS1, I would invade Sens (top tier invasion area) and fuck with the player using the traps, blocking them from passing on the catwalks with spikes, etc. Even when it was 3v1, they couldn't fight me together.

But in DaS3, all the areas are fairly open and you can't bottleneck players and take them out 1v1.
>>
>>337972729
catacombs
>>
>>337972729
Well, there's catacombs.
>>
>>337964165

ENB is just a buttblasted faggot who can't into roll timing. I found it to be the easiest final boss so far next to Aldia, but it was cool as fuck.

>First phase is a player character on steroids (made better by the headcanon that these are your dudes from previous playthroughs of the previous games)
>Second phase is The Return of Gwyn

If I had to do one of those gay as fuck <><> lists, it'd go

Moon presence > Soul of Cinder > Gwyn > Allant >>> Aldia >>>>>>> Nashandra
>>
>>337972884
>>337972902
You mean at the rope bridge? yeah, but that's a one trick pony. The rest of the level is too open for you to be able to do the same fuckery as in sens.
>>
>>337972984
auegwofanq
>>
>>337972729
My thoughts exactly.
>>337972884
>>337972902
Catacombs is decent for invade fuckery, but it's still not that compact what with the open hall it starts at, the open hall on the other side of the bridge, the open hall past the first boneball, the sewers, the only real spot you can get people is the Bridge and that only works once unless you manage to trap them with the skeletons and even then, they can escape those too.
>>
>>337972984
Anor londo is neat
>>
>>337972948
He did not even complain in that video. Op is just trying to phrase it like he hates the fight.
>>
>>337972984
algeria
>>
>>337964165
That was great about the fight though.
It was a throwback to every bullshit pvp build in DS1.
It also has some neat implications if you consider the soul of cinder as a convergence of every successful chosen undead from all timelines.
>>
>>337972984
Fuck you.
>>
>>337972984
mom no
>>
>>337972984
fug u
>>
>>337972984
>People replying to it for that reason
I hate you.
Anyway, Greatbow and posing as a Silver Knight in Anor Londo is surprisingly fun.
>>
>>337971541
>>337972704
This is the correct strategy, yes.
>>
>>337972984
>>
>>337967939
If rating based on difficulty then Allant is bottom tier.

Yes I am talking about the fake king version.
>>
>>337969261
that's different than sitting alone in your room watching some fag stream himself
>>
>>337970751
I think its because they tried to tie movement to a stat (AGI) which fucked with the entire movement system since it had to be way more incremental.
>>
File: 1428981869437.png (299 KB, 1567x1080) Image search: [Google]
1428981869437.png
299 KB, 1567x1080
>>337968747
I've always had a problem with that in every souls game.

I'd try to time a roll but end up pressing it too late, I'd get hit because of it, and THEN my roll would come out forcing me to commit to another roll or get hit right there.

I understand that it would be proper punishment for mistiming it, but these are sub-30 fps games on console with input delay. Dark Souls 2 and Bloodborne started the trend of enemies having super-fast attacks which are incredibly hard to react to given the delay on rolling. So now it's predict instead of react. Not a fan of that.
>>
File: Testing the data with moonrunes.jpg (455 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Testing the data with moonrunes.jpg
455 KB, 1600x900
Anybody else had this happen to them? Changing from 1h to 2h changes the transparency of the items on screen. Switching to other items shows the full list of usable items in those slots.
>>
>>337970751
honestly scholar felt even worse because of all the cluttered additional enemies

call it bandwagon hate or whatever but i just couldn't bring myself to like 2 for the above reasons, even after multiple playthroughs
>>
>>337972984
Cack
>>
>>337973873
That's true as well, but even without the bullshit of tying i-frames to a stat, the controls themselves are still slippery and imprecise.
>>
>>337971519
It's a weird one. For me, Abyss Watchers was the easiest fight in the game barring Vordt, Pontiff was pretty damn easy too.

But the Dancer is the hardest boss in the entire series
>>
>>337969929
Yeah not sure why he didn't think that it was going to have a second phase when most of the important bosses have a second phase with a cut scene included.
>>
>>337974009
3 wasn't as bad with this because stamina cost and frames on the roll are much more forgiving.

The super fast attacks can either be blocked or avoided in some other way.
>>
File: 1462092375344.png (92 KB, 478x3595) Image search: [Google]
1462092375344.png
92 KB, 478x3595
Allant>Gehrman>Soul>Gwyn>Nashandra
>>
>>337971519
For some reason I had major problems with Lorian. Even with its telegraphed as fuck attacks I would die atleast 10 times.
>>
>>337974621
3 has other problems, like fucking infinite stamina on enemies besides guard breaks.
>>
File: 1463229529722.gif (156 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
1463229529722.gif
156 KB, 500x282
>>337967990
>>
I died the most times to Soul of Cinder. Then I realized I could equip a black knight shield and completely wreck him. Beat him on the first try with this method

Also died a few times to Nameless King but realized he's pretty passive when you're not up in his shit, so you can just spent the entire fight backing away and firing arrows at him and he goes down easily.

Fucking Sullivan though
>>
>>337964383
Devourer of Gods basically does this, constant magic spam, while creating fires near it, with health absorb.
>>
>>337964165
> predictable as fuck moveset p1
> parryable p2
Git gud
>>
>>337970694
You wake up somewhere without knowing why and the land is shit and you gotta go ring some bells and then kill 4 guys and light a fireplace because you're chosen or something by some black snakes.
>>
>>337974328
I also found the Abyss watchers to be a cake walk but then I got my ass beat by Wolnir's skeletons and Demon Kings fire ground shit and since those are supposed to be pretty easy bosses I'm not sure what that means for me.
>>
>>337974921
Though this was a problem in 2 too, but anyhow it annoyed me to no end in DS3 too.
>>
>>337967290
too fucking cute. i need moar art
>>
>>337975312
Nice try but DaS1 actually gives you a premise when you start it while DaS2 literally repeats itself over and over saying you don't really have a purpose
>>
>>337972948
He wasn't complaining. He just said the boss does literally everything, which i think was him theorizing it was the chosen undead
>>
>Get invaded by Yellowfinger Heysel in Farron Keep
>She fucking turtles in the knee-high poison bog which she's impervious to
>Absolutely will not move unless I walk in with her, forcing me to fat-roll against her magic attacks which she just spams like a cunt
Is she actually designed to do this? It was like I was really facing a dickhead player. I'm surprised she didn't use "Well! what is it?" when I died.
>>
I beat Soul of Cinder first try solo thinking it was the warm-up to the final boss. I summoned for every possible fight other than Vordt
I do not get the hype around this guy
>>
>>337975691
She probably bugged out or you ran too far, cause you can bait her out of the bog.

Heysel is a real model dickwraith though.
>>
>>337968747
>>337974009

I still can't tell if the whole input-delay I'm suffering is just me and my computer spazzing out or was it actually like this in previous entries, but I don't remember it to be that bad, and I can't be arsed installing them all over again just to test it.

The input-queue spam punishing also became severely more annoying because of it.
>>
>>337975509
>Gives you a premise
When? Literally all souls games are basically "Complete the level and kill the boss until you reach the end"
>>
File: concerened doggo.jpg (8 KB, 600x573) Image search: [Google]
concerened doggo.jpg
8 KB, 600x573
>>337967290
>armor is sweating
what the fuck is this shit
>>
>>337975910
When you fucking make a character and the game talks to you, which is completely different from what the old ladies say at the start of DaS2
>>
>>337971123
So Manus secretly wants to get his ass torn by multiple cocks?
>>
>>337975756
i think it varies a lot

i watched a lot of streams and some people's builds are really terrible damage wise, it drags out fights a ton and i can see how they would think some endgame bosses are difficult

i would go as far to say any boss can become difficult if your build is shit and your weapon isn't fully upgraded for the area you're in
>>
>>337975691
>get invaded by Knight Slayer in Catacombs
>break the bridge and watch him run aimlessly around for 5 minutes
>suddenly walks to an edge of the collapsed bridge and falls off
>>
>>337970532
>>
Why was this guy defending the flame, again?
Why is he protecting the flame from the same guy that was resurrected by the flame itself to hunt down the Lords and rekindle it?
Why is he fighting me when I haven't even made a choice yet?
Why didn't he appear in DaS 2?
>>
>>337975891
I've noticed input-delay in every souls game at least on console. I think the only time I noticed my rolls being instant was either DS2 on PC or DS1 with dsfix.
>>
Gehrman > Soul of Cinder > Old King Allant > Gwyn > Nashandra = Moon Presence > Aldia > True King Allant

If you disagree with this you are literally retarded
>>
>>337976032
"A long time ago there were dragons and then they died and then humans were happy but now everyone is a zombie, go ring some bells fag"
Yeah, sure
>>
>>337976331
You don't link the fire in DaS2
DaS2 is before DaS3 timeline wise and the flame is much stronger
He is defending the flame because From needed a final boss
>Why is he fighting me
he is a hollow, similar to gwyn
>>
>>337976169
The difficulty of SoC is RNG-based. It all depends on what forms you're unlucky enough to fight.

Spearguy and magicdude? Easy mode
Spends the majority of his time as the curved sword flippy dexfag? RIP in pieces.
>>
>>337976518
followed by dicksnakes telling you what the point of the first flame is partway through the game while DaS2 continues to give you nothing
>>
>>337976259
Are you trying to mock me or arouse me?
>>
File: 1463468693923.gif (286 KB, 123x116) Image search: [Google]
1463468693923.gif
286 KB, 123x116
>>337965296
I can agree to this.
>>
File: 1460571992511.jpg (12 KB, 209x51) Image search: [Google]
1460571992511.jpg
12 KB, 209x51
>>337975691
>I'm surprised she didn't use "Well! what is it?" when I died.
Speaking of gestures, Tsorig can go fuck himself.
>get knocked off the bridge by the black knight
>Tsorig gestures as I fall into the lava
I was too busy laughing to be mad but holy shit what a nigger.

>>337975910
>who are Oscar, the crestfallen warrior and Frampt
>>
File: Bloodborne _20151208091300.png (778 KB, 629x996) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne _20151208091300.png
778 KB, 629x996
What was so bad about pic related?
>>
>>337970532
If you honestly think Nashandra is a better boss than the other final souls bosses you are a blind DS2 fanboy. It's a terrible fight. You have to be literally retarded to get hit by any of her attacks, let alone dying to her
>>
>>337970532
It's okay to have shit taste, just don't expect anybody to take you seriously.
>>
>>337976815
Fanboys sperging about how he was an innocent kid who dindu nuffin while in fact he was a vile monstrosity that needed to be purged

Fuck you orphan of Kos I fucking hate you
>>
>>337976815
AAAAAUUUUGH
>>
>>337976407
I never played Demon Souls so I can't comment on that, but the rest of this list is right on the money.
>>
>>337976815
YAAAAAAGHH
>>
>>337976660
"Hey man you gotta light the flame because the gods are good and stuff!"
or
"Yo humanity came from the dark and youre the dark lord (tm) so dont light the oven"
come on, dark souls lore is interesting but really, nobody plays these games for the lore.
>>
>>337976639
curved sword is easy to outrange (with a weapon or just spacing) and has less timing variation than the straight sword

i think the sword is the most dangerous out of them all and if you're not a sucker for delayed attacks then it's an easy fight

opinions i guess
>>
>>337976815
YEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
>>
>>337976853
>What is True king allant
>>
>>337976571
I don't know, I think it would make more sense if he appeared in both of the endings where you take the flame for yourself but From was afraid players wouldn't have a satisfying final boss fight. Those two endings are quite hard to get on your first playthrough too.
Gehrman was better anyway.
>>
>>337970532
We haven't played the DLC yet but so far yes, 2 has been more fun than 3.
The camera alone puts 3 in the bottom of the Souls list, I don't know why more people don't complain about the camera when discussing the game because at times it is atrocious and completely incapable of keeping the player and the enemy and screen at the same time.
>>
>>337977027
I'm not saying it's deep I'm saying it at least tells you what the point of your adventure is while DaS2 at multiple points uses the phrase 'without knowing why' and gives a vague closure about how you're just gonna do whatever now that you're sitting on the throne
>>
>>337965254
Hey guys its a newbie! Welcome to 4chan and enjoy your stay!. I hope you find the game threads entertaining son.
>>
>>337970264
The "story" in DS2 is so shit, even the people that defend it agree to that.
>>
>>337977105
>muh camera
The only Souls game with proper camera angles was DaS2
If only it had better level design
>>
>>337977056
He doesn't count as a final boss. I don't count Aldia as the final boss in DS2 either
>>
Who the fuck is this ENB faggot who gets namedropped repeatedly by the same fucker over and over again?

Who gives a shit about this ENB person? Literally who.
>>
File: 48173795_p0.jpg (475 KB, 900x1273) Image search: [Google]
48173795_p0.jpg
475 KB, 900x1273
>>337976956
souls fans really love white knighting huh

maiden astraea left a legacy
>>
>>337976815
Ahh Kos, or some say Kosm
>>
>>337975691
>Complaining that he can't fight one of the "once i'm locked in a stun, i'm essentially gone"-npcs on even footing.
If even a the slightest advantage for your enemy is making you go "muh balance" instead of "finally, a challenge", maybe you should go back to playing barbie with your older sister?
>>
>>337977173
The camera and the fucking dogs. Seriously, it's like they made every enemy fight at Bloodborne speed while the player is at Dark Souls speed
>>
>>337964165

Terrible boss.

>"You, but better" has been done to death since Dark Link on the SNES.
>Gets knocked down like a little bitch every few seconds.
>Like some kind of fighting game scrub, if he can't beat you with one moveset he gives up and tries a different one instead of getting good.
>After a while he pussies out and just copies a real boss.
>>
>>337976853
Nashandra isn't even the final boss anymore after the Aldia patch, who is btw even easier and even more lame as a boss
>>
File: 1362460395481.jpg (85 KB, 520x413) Image search: [Google]
1362460395481.jpg
85 KB, 520x413
>>337977308
>maybe you should go back to playing barbie with your older sister?

I wish.
>>
>>337977352
>>337977105
Fuck, replied to the wrong guy.
>>
>>337970532

Seriously dude this whole DS2 is trash, rank it ten thousand >>>>>> carrots below anything else is starting to piss me off. I like DS2 more than DS3 and DeS
>>
>>337977270
>I got lost in a thread I have no business being in, the post.
Why don't you learn to google? It's literally a click away, idiot.
>>
File: 1461706388476.png (425 KB, 480x454) Image search: [Google]
1461706388476.png
425 KB, 480x454
>>337969261
>Never had a slumber party where you do lewd things with friends

Missing out bro
>>
Gwyn is garbage too
>>
>>337977869
Stop making fanboy topics about him. He is literally just some random fuck. Who gives a shit what he cares about?
>>
>People actually had trouble with soul of cinder.

I really dont understand. If you beat the nameless king, SoC should be a fucking cakewalk.

I was actually disappointed by how easy SoC was. I beat him in one try, only using a single estus
>>
File: ayykos.gif (2 MB, 540x400) Image search: [Google]
ayykos.gif
2 MB, 540x400
>>337976815
>>337976956
>>337977020
>>337977053
just needed a father figure tbqh smfatherlyh
>>
>>337976204
That happened to me last night. It was great
>>
>>337976770
> not pulling the black knight down and watching the ensuing carnage
>>
File: 1421648645394.jpg (73 KB, 593x775) Image search: [Google]
1421648645394.jpg
73 KB, 593x775
>>337964383
>>337964667

Dark Souls II hackers were the best. They weren't always that great, but you had a solid chance of any hacker invading you actually being somewhat entertaining. The people like this would always still let you damage them, so it wasn't like an impossible fight. It's like they set themselves up as a random boss battle or something.
>>
>>337977308
I don't understand what your problem is.
>>
>>337965874
Worst bait possible.
(YOU)
>>
>>337980560
The best one I've had was an invasion against a host who was Aladdin with a phantom called The Genie that had like, every fucking spell in the game equipped at once and had no legs.
>>
>>337967707
As someone who played through the game with the broadsword. He's lying.
Thread replies: 207
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.