[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished The Last of Us. Wtf was up with that ending?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: images.jpg (10 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10 KB, 300x168
Just finished The Last of Us. Wtf was up with that ending?
>>
let me guess, you thought the fireflies were the good guys?
>>
>>337955465
they could of found a vaccine
>>
>>337955465
the fireflies were the good guys.
>>
File: bitch doesn't get it.png (703 KB, 816x1200) Image search: [Google]
bitch doesn't get it.png
703 KB, 816x1200
>>337955840
Yeah by child murder. Not to mention Joel could never function in real society again and he is not losing his daughterfu twice.
>>
>>337955840
>there are people who don't get TLOU
No wonder the medium is so desperate to be seen as art, its full of retards
>>
>>337955840
>could of

Behold the intelligence of your average Firefly apologist.
>>
>>337955840
Jesus you think like a child
>>
>>337955191

The ending is simply Joel is as selfish as all the other people you killed on your way to the Fireflies. Idiots are going to spout "there was no guaranteed cure" but that's bullshit and have they have a cynical outlook in general.
>>
>>337956960
Why do they have to kill her for the cure?
I mean she'd just arrive and the first thing they
wanted to do is sloughter her
>>
>>337955191
The ending is supposed to make you think about the morality of certain decisions. Yes, the Fireflies COULD have found a vaccine, in fact using Ellie was the single best chance they had at finding a cure and potentially saving the human race. Was it promised? No. But even a small chance was better than no chance at all, and they were willing to sacrifice the one for the chance of saving the many. Does this make them good or bad? On the flipside we have Joel, who throughout most of the game is seen as a person who cut off emotional ties. He knows Ellie is the best chance, but that doesn't matter. He kills the people who are willing to try to save the human race- Is he good or bad?

You can argue back and forth all day. Joel killed a lot of people who wanted to save the human race. Those same people were also willing to kill a little girl. At the end of the day no one is "Good" or "Evil" they're different shades of grey which is what makes them human, it's what makes the games story interesting because we see this happen on an emotional, personal level.
>>
>>337957768
*slaughter
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.