[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://youtu.be/WvWaE-3Aseg >970 beats the 390 even after
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (344 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
344 KB, 1920x1080
https://youtu.be/WvWaE-3Aseg

>970 beats the 390 even after a patch

What the fuck, /v/?

You said the 970 was a meme card!
You said the 390 was the card to get!
Isn't 8GBs supposed to beat 3.5GBs?

I should have bought Nvidia....
>>
>>337945538
How much difference does the patch make?
>>
>>337945746
It puts the 390 on par with the 970 across the entire length of the video. OP is full of shit.
>>
>>337946070
>on par with the 970
>despite always being 30 frames under the entire time
>>
>>337945746
60%+ performance

>>337945538
They have almost the exact same FPS on most scenes with rushed drivers to appease the masses. AMD performance will only get better unlike Nvidia
>>
>>337946193
>amd will only get better
>Despite the fact that amd had historically performed worse on opengl
>>
>>337946181
Are you by any chance retarded? You're reading the numbers for the old driver. The video has three different feeds. Rewatch it and this time pay attention.
>>
runs like shit on my 760 so i returned it
>>
>>337946514
>Despite the fact that amd had historically performed worse on opengl
A rushed driver got the game to perform the same as the 970, a card from a brand that's historically great at OpenGL. It's not too crazy to expect more improvements in upcoming driver versions. But i don't agree with that anon about Nvidia not being able to achieve the same.
>>
>>337946193
I'm assuming that's 60%+ performance on the 390?
>>
>>337946514
>nvidia will only get better
>despite the fact that nvidia historically gimps older gpu performance and kills your computer for good
>>
>>337946778
>there's never been any proof of Nvidia gimping their own cards
>has to slander Nvidia cause he's been BTFO

Inb4 someone posts that stupid and inaccurate Youtube video
>>
>>337946691
People are saying the game is well optimized but they're retarded. It somehow managed to run at 1080p and 60fps on PS4. Even on low, stuff below the 960/380 can't match that. Horrible optimization.
>>
>>337946735
Yes. The old driver was fucked in some way and the new one makes the card perform like it should, which meant a whooping 60% increase in performance.
>>
>>337947071

yeah i gave it a try and it just was giving me really uneven performance on my 760.

couldnt even drop the settings enough to get a solid 60.

i know the 760 isnt a beast of a card or anything, but my setup certainly beats the hell out of my ps4 on every other game.
>>
>>337947141
And yet under the 970's performance
>>
>>337947313
It's pretty much even. And considering it's an OpenGL game I was expecting it to be worse.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.