[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Problems with Fallout 4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: Fallout4_E3_CityVista.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4_E3_CityVista.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>impossible to roleplay as a psychopath
>>
>>337935532
>impossible to roleplay

fixed that for you.
>>
>>337935532
very little deviation from
>travel to x
>Kill y
>go back to z and get reward

Not being able to use charisma to get out of anything and every thug is automatically hostile to you even in the robot race gambling thing. You should have been able to bet or something, not just walk up and have to kill everyone
>>
>>337935613
Yeah. I agree. Same goes for Skyrim, to a lesser extent.
>>
>>337935532
>impossible to play anything else than a do-gooder specialized in stealth gunnery or Do-gooder specialized in power armor gunnery

How many not "unlimited quests" does the game even have?
>>
>>337935714
even thought legion quest line was weak af in new vegas it still existed and gave you an option
>>
I worry what they'll do with Elder Scrolls VI after playing Fallout 4.
>>
>>337935532
I can't believe they fucked up the dialog so much. 4 choices in every conversation, two taken up by generic positive and negative responses, so your only two remaining character choices are sarcastic and boring. That's literally it.
>>
>>337937983
Well, voiced character should atleast get shafter OR they shaft the ability to play different races. But that would anger waifufags that are the biggest playerbase on PC
>>
I don't understand why Bethesda doesn't think they can both pander to casuals and deliver a satisfying Fallout game to fans.
>>
>>337938157
Most of the time it is two variants of yes and two variants of no with same outcome
>>
you roleplay as a distressed father/mother looking for their son shaun. why is that so hard to accept?
>>
>>337938423
Go home Todd
>>
>>337937983
There's going to be one "big" hub town, and you'll be responsible with building the rest.
>>
>Protagonist was in the army

He's a psychopath no matter what you do
>>
>>337938859
Naw man, lets brainstorm a little

>hub world
>has teleports for different worlds
>worlds consist of fire, ice, wind, water and earth worlds
>after you have killed BBEG you can built on the worlds
>>
>>337938423
>you roleplay as a distressed government agent Michael Thorton looking for his boss. and you can become anything.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUydx57te9s
>>
>>337935532
>beth games
>rpgs

lol, no.
>>
>>337937983

If they put in a voiced protag and settlement building again, I am going to fucking lose it. And I know they're going to.
>>
>>337938423
I'd rather not be told what I roleplay in a roleplaying game.
>>
>>337940230
To expand, roleplaying games are supposed to carry a lot of good optional storylines. I want to roam the wastelands and fall into whatever I fall into. I don't want an overarching Hollywood movie story to throw me off. I just want to explore and be whoever I want to be. Video games are not movies.
>>
>>337938423
>get absolutely zero introduction on your family members therefore develop no attachment to any of them
>lol they die (in the stupidest possible manner also)
>the game tries to squeeze parent drama out of nothing by telling you that you should feel really angry at the kidnappers
>you still feel nothing
>you continue feeling nothing towards them even though the game keeps throwing the "angry parent" dialogue options at you
The funniest thing is the shitty story is not even the worst thing about this abortion of a game
>>
>>337940669
>no quicksave on survival
>>
>>337941107
>the game is clearly designed around clearing out dungeons (old factories/military bases/school etc.) and then fast traveling out to sell the loot
>clearing out said location completely depopulates them and leads to nothing ever happening in these cleared areas
>LOL NO FAST TRAVEL SO HARDCORE XDDD
>woaaah DUDE you can only save in your bed SO FUCKING HARDCORE
Nowadays Bethesda doesn't even know what their games are about.
>>
>>337941580
Obsidian dev said in an interview that Bethesda does not even keep a log of the lore between games, but insteads goes to a wiki and checks what would be inconsistent. Tells pretty much how they think of RPG games
>>
>>337937983
Idk why, but I always get nervous around the time for a new elder scrolls. I always get worried that they will change something drastic. Most people always think they will take out beast races, but I don't think they will go that far... would they?
>>
>>337942724
Nah. More likely they'll just really over-simplify the story to the point that races are really just aesthetic.
>>
hey, anyone has the leaked pics?
>>
>>337938423
then is an adventure game with some action?
are we back to the 90's with Evidence maybe?
>>
>>337935532
>psychopat
>impossible

With that lack of creativity, sure.
>>
>>337942016
Do they do this in TES too?
>>
File: 1463436760439.png (587 KB, 933x720) Image search: [Google]
1463436760439.png
587 KB, 933x720
>>337935532
Braindead AI and bulletsponge enemies

Borderlands-tier RNG legendary weapons

The dialogue system and writing in general
>>
>>337943510
Bethesda really has a problem with casualizing games. Even the casuals are sick of it at this point
>>
>>337937983
3 classes
10 spells
3 melee weapons
3 ranged weapons
2 staffs
5 sets of armor
1 city hub
5 enemy types