[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Buy Doom >Play it for a bit at home >Really liking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: download.jpg (10 KB, 292x172) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10 KB, 292x172
>Buy Doom
>Play it for a bit at home
>Really liking it
>Take it on the road with me
>All I own is a shittyxbox one
>Go to launch game
>Screen goes black for a few seconds
>Kicks me back to the home screen
>wtf.jpeg
>Game won't work offline at all
>Finally manage to find an open network later
>Launch game
>It works

What the fuck is this shit? Is this actual DRM being forced by Bethesda? I can't play my fucking game offline that I paid for?

Im fucking sick of this gen. Everything is hot garbage.
>>
>>337920791
>my game
>>
>>337921129

Gee, thanks for the correction. Trying to ease my pain a little here.
>>
>>337921261
he's saying you don't own the game, just a license to play the game
>>
>>337920791
It has to do with the console, not Bethesda. MGS V did the same thing when I tried to play it offline, I think saves are like half reliant on the cloud storage, so you can't play a game offline if you started playing it online. Don't quote me on this, just my experience.
>>
>>337921509

I'm aware of that, as I meant that I'm aware of my rights but don't want to acknowledge it.
>>
>>337920791
>xbone
brought that one upon yourself didn't you
>>
You can play games just fine offline on the PS4. Throw your NSAbox in the trash and buy a real console.
>>
>>337921734
This is the correct answer. And Ms and Sony need to come up with a better solution than this.
>>
>He bought an xbone
>>
>>337921921
no you cant. many games require a license check through PSN
>>
>>337921907
>>337921921
>>337922062
>implying the PS4 and Xbone aren't identical.
The only difference between them barring exclusives is that one is socially acceptable and the other isn't.
>>
File: 1460544685892.jpg (152 KB, 502x600) Image search: [Google]
1460544685892.jpg
152 KB, 502x600
>>337920791
PC DRM master race eh? Wouldn't happen on a PS4.
>>
>>337923148
You bring up an interesting point
Do you need to be online for Denuvo?
>>
>>337923967
I can play offline, probably need to be online for the first launch
>>
>>337923967
You can play off line for some time but if you don't connect the game for a while it won't launch.

It needs online.
>>
>>337924938
>this is the future that capitalism brought
What is this shit?
>>
>>337925012
Dude, you are just renting the game.
That is how it works.

EVGA Precision wont work with this game, what other program I can use.
>>
>>337921509
>60GB of licence

wow....
>>
>>337923967
I think Denuvo only encrypts the actual DRM, which'd be Steamworks. So you only need to connect online once, at the first startup.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.