[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Waaay better than the first one. This game is fucking great.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9
Waaay better than the first one. This game is fucking great.
>>
File: 1307104231465.jpg (109 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1307104231465.jpg
109 KB, 720x720
Eat your hamburger, Derek
>>
>>337908441
should I play the Wii TC games? I enjoyed the first two
>>
>>337910402
second opinion is basically just an enhanced port of the first game with some extra levels and the ending is changed a bit. new blood is a brand new game. trauma team is very different from the rest, and while I didn't like most of the modes, first response is so fucking good it makes up for everything else
>>
>>337910402
yes, second opinion is a remake of the 1st one + extra missions playing as the sexy surgeon.
Trauma Team is excellent too.
>>
>>337910540
>>337910639
cool, i'll pick them up
>>
>>337910730
oh one other thing is that trauma team and new blood have co-op if you have someone to play with. though usually it just boils down to one person constantly injecting stabilizer and the other actually doing the surgery
>>
I'm still shocked about the lack of TC doujins considering how sexy plenty of characters are, so much wasted potential
>>
File: 1462112237707.png (3 MB, 886x1389) Image search: [Google]
1462112237707.png
3 MB, 886x1389
>no Trauma Center for 3DS

WHY?
>>
>>337908441
>It is a operate five patients with intelligent self replicating cancer in 5 mins episode
>It's a bomb defusing episode
>>
>>337911784
Fatlus too busy milking persona
>>
S+ tier

Second Opinion and Under the Knife 2

A tier

New Blood, Under the Knife 1

F tier

Trauma Team
>>
File: 1463040598360.jpg (37 KB, 800x598) Image search: [Google]
1463040598360.jpg
37 KB, 800x598
>>337912385
>F tier
>Trauma Team
what a shit taste
kys
>>
>>337912818
Trauma Team sold less than 8,000 units in North America. Effectively killing the franchise. Atlus didn't localize it in Europe either due to the abysmal sales numbers. But ok, I have shit taste.
>>
TT

>pros
>gameplay variety
>likable characters
>better story than other Trauma games, no ayys in your body bullshits
>Naomi and her AAI2-like adventure part
>perfect wii remote control

>cons
>much easier than NB
>endoscopic

it's 8/10 game
>>
Why did they have to move the series to the Wii and then never follow up on it ever again?

The DS controls were WAY more precise and I just enjoyed it a lot more. The motion controls on the Wii are fucking trash and they basically had to dumb down the difficulty to compensate.
>>
Does it get any better or at least have some sort of story? I been playing the first few cases and its literally been throwing me into procedure after procedure without knowing exactly what is going on with the characters. Is it always like this?
>>
>>337914325
Yes, there's gonna be a big hullabaloo of dumb entertaining plot soon
>>
>>337914086
personally I preferred the wii controls, but I can see how people would prefer the precision of the ds. it was also super helpful having tools on the nunchuck so you didn't have to keep moving around to change tools
>>
>>337914809
>>337914086
not entirely relevant, but the suturing improvement from UtK1 to UtK2 feels great on ds. Same for the drain. They actually both feel functional now.
>>
File: IWD5Bnm[1].gif (463 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
IWD5Bnm[1].gif
463 KB, 320x180
>Get to the final boss
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0M0IRuLiqYA starts playing

Fucking Atlus soundtracks man
>>
>>337908441
Guys, we need to be careful that we don't go over our six allowed threads a year. I can only mourn so much anyway, send help or new game.
>>
>>337915294
I always used this song as an example when talking with friends about how shitty the pokemon soundfont was on the ds and how much better the ds could do
>>
>>337910402

I really enjoyed Trauma Team, but the old games are horrible to play with a wiimote, it doesn't recognize the pentagrams for shit
>>
>>337915485

Can't believe I did all the fucking Adam missions on the Wii
>>
>>337915485
I know a lot of people who struggled with the pentagram on the wii but I never had any problems. I found the best way to do it was kinda big sloppy sweeping motions when my friends were trying to like, draw a pentagram perfect enough to summon satan with
>>
How I wished for another Trauma game on 3DS and then on Wii U. Nothing, goddamn Atlus.
>>337912910
It's still a great game, poor sales have nothing to do with quality.
>>
>>337915956

I need to pirate the ds games someday so I can actually play through them
>>
File: gabriel-cunningham.jpg (158 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
gabriel-cunningham.jpg
158 KB, 1280x1024
>There are people that prefer beta talentless nerd with superpowers Derek over based japanese House
>>
File: Spike.Spiegel.full.1554191[1].jpg (71 KB, 613x799) Image search: [Google]
Spike.Spiegel.full.1554191[1].jpg
71 KB, 613x799
>>337917852
>>
It's funny. I actually replayed UtK on my 3DS and I felt really dumb for not being able to beat X-1. Probably because I was shit and abused the fact that Kyriaki would create so many lacerations that the GPU couldn't handle it and the framerate dropped to a crawl.

I'd like more games, but honestly there's only so much you can do with a surgery game. We saw how Stigma had lots of parallels to Guilt, and playing through UtK2 and NB around the same time made me realize how badly they were running out of ideas. They did the "limited gel, no stabilizer" in both, multiple burn patients, gunshots wounds, color-changing tumors and a bunch of other operations.

I haven't played Trauma Team yet, though I've been meaning to. Hopefully it's decent.

Angie feels like top-tier waifu, even outside of the game. Inside it's not really a contest. Is my taste shit?
>>
>>337920469
She was terrible in the second game
The other nurse clearly wanted the mexican D but she kept treating Derek like a piece of shit just because he was friendly with her
>>
>>337910402
They have less precise controls and are somewhat less difficult because of that. New Blood has some really fun stuff, though.
>>
>>337920469
I'd be okay with some kind of anthology for 3DS, with all the different pathogens from each game. I wouldn't even mind if they phoned it in and just had the story involve training interns through simulations of everything, without adding anything new.
>>
>>337910540
Really? The only one I didn't like was endoscopy, and that was only because the controls were so unresponsive.
>>
>>337915294
Why is this game music so fucking good
>>
>>337910402
I got New Blood really cheap and enjoyed playing the coop with my younger brother.
>>
>>337921564
personally I didn't mind endoscopy as much as everyone else seems to hate it. my arm got tired having to push in constantly to move, and it was tedious but that's all. orthopedics was also tedious and it was hard keeping a steady hand and surgery was just watered down trauma center. I didn't care for forensics or diagnosis because that wasn't the sort of gameplay I wanted out of a trauma game. plus I would always spend ages trying to figure out what was wrong in diagnosis and then when I would finally notice something and get excited I could finally move on and the game would be like WOW YOU FOUND SOMETHING THAT DOESN'T MATTER HAVE A COOL FAKE ACHIEVEMENT!
>>
>>337922079

Fucking Atlus soundtracks man
>>
>>337908914
her and Derek never got together even after the time skip right?
>>
>>337924093
I thought they did after UtK2. Don't know if it's implied or anything in NB.

>>337921475
Honestly, I would too. My only complaint with the DS versions of the games is you needed to play with two stylus in order to get top scores on anything. X-7 Alethia just feels impossible without two. UtK X-7 Savato doesn't feel nearly as hard. Maybe because the game performed like garbage using the realiistic renders, or more likely because Savato is it's own thing instead of rehash: the boss.
>>
>>337925980
It's 100% possible to beat everything on the DS games with one stylus, and even do well. You just have to be really good with your dominant hand, to the point where your other one isn't needed to pick up the slack. Using two is just more convenient so you can make more mistakes. I actually challenged myself to XS rank everything in UtK2 on every difficulty both ways, and while using two is more fun for me, I never felt using one made it impossible at any point.
>>
Does anyone know if Trauma Team is good on emulation? I've always wanted to play it but when it released my Wii was broke as fuck and I didn't get a chance to ever give it a try.
>>
I got this tune stuck in my head for days

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXqqiVZmjNA
>>
Who ROCK SOLID here?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-xbLswGuhs
>>
>>337928090
Trauma Team is good on dolphin. If you can't play something because of the keyboard and mouse then you can download a save file to unlock the ending scenarios. Surgery is very, very, doable on dolphin.
>>
>>337928090
No clue, but if you can't get a good anwser and have a Wii U they released it on the virtual console shop.
>>
Did anyone else prefer the art style of the first game? I always get disappointed that Atlus tries to make all of their IPs look the same with the same artist/style.

That said, I still need to pick up the second game. I wouldn't be surprised with what one anon said that the series was running out of ideas as it went along - I mean, how many different tumors can you create? Trauma Team was probably a way to circumvent that stagnation, but I think it suffered being on the Wii (less precise controls) and no one buying it.

>that feel when never beating X-7 Savato
it's just too hard, man.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.