[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else like actually good arthouse games? You know, games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1397627540596.jpg (59 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1397627540596.jpg
59 KB, 720x720
Anyone else like actually good arthouse games? You know, games like Killer 7, NieR, OFF, Space Funeral, etc.

I don't mean garbage like Gone Home/Braid/The Witness/etc. Do you think there are any arthouse games that you are looking forward to?

YIIK and Knuckle Sandwich look like complete garbage and if you post them I'm certain you're trolling
>>
>>337900420
Games will never be art.
>>
>>337900483
ok
>>
>>337900483
Art will never be games.
>>
>>337900890
ko
>>
>>337900420

Nice 420 on post number.

I actually liked killer 7 AND braid. Is this okay?
>>
>>337900420
>Anyone else like actually good X games?
Well yeah.
>>
>>337901052
Braid had good gameplay and was fun

Problem was that instead of writing a story and telling it through gameplay, he wrote a fucking novel and then attached it to a videogame
>>
>>337900420
the only way to have interesting JRPGs is to have completely offbeat, le quircky hipster shit like space funeral, earthbound, undertale, LISA, et cetera

its a shit genre that should have died decades ago.
>>
>>337901486
>Lisa
>Le quirky hipster shit

>Implying Strange Journey, SMT2-3, FF4/6/9/12/T, Chrono Trigger, etc aren't all interesting, fantastic games
>>
>>337900420
I've never played an 'art' game that was good. Has anyone here found one they like?
>>
>>337902064
passage is the only instance im aware of where the videogame format contributes to the meaning of the piece, and is possibly essential to the experience
>>
File: Recommended Art Games.jpg (1 MB, 1000x2000) Image search: [Google]
Recommended Art Games.jpg
1 MB, 1000x2000
>>337902064
You don't like any of these games?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.