[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am i wrong to think Vehicles in Battlefield are overpowered?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 157
Thread images: 19
Am i wrong to think Vehicles in Battlefield are overpowered?

I just want to play on a server without tanks. Cant find any though...
>>
I only use vehicles to get around, other than that I find them hilarious easy to sit in and killwhore. Makes the game a massive bore.
>>
>>337899616
infantry mode setting, unlock region because they are rare. in server settings.

and yes vehicles are OP as fuck if you can use them right. but then you can snipe jets if you are good enough so its down to interpretation, and map.
>>
>>337899616
>Vehicles in Battlefield are overpowered

I'm so glad i switched to ARMA if this is what people think of battlefield nowadays.
>>
File: 1402112401967.jpg (214 KB, 746x718) Image search: [Google]
1402112401967.jpg
214 KB, 746x718
>>337899786
Seriously...

I can understand flying a helicopter around and getting kills to be at least somewhat challenging , bu ti really dont like how unbalanced tanks are.
>>
File: 1460311790410.gif (875 KB, 800x547) Image search: [Google]
1460311790410.gif
875 KB, 800x547
Probably but mostly depends on the player sitting on them. Still, I love the taste of tankshitters tears after a good dose of C4.
>>
>>337899616
Yeah, they are. Wish there were maps with no armored vehicles and no engineers repairing choppers mid-flight. That shit's gay but it did force me to master the rpg
>>
>>337899616
Am I wrong to think guns are overpowered?

I want to play on a sever without guns but I can't find any.
>>
>Hadn't played in almost a year
>Get back into it
>Go support, slam a UCAV right into the asshole of an M1
>30 damage

The fuck is the point of these things now? they are tough to control, can't be used on anything <100m or so from you, take forever to recharge, and you have to wait a while after spawning to even use it. Why even have the item if it was crippled so damn hard?
>>
>>337900538
search for knife only.

implying I didn't know you were trying to be clever.
>>
>>337899942
Maybe its just the samefag talking to himself.
>>
File: 1442619277594.jpg (67 KB, 600x1005) Image search: [Google]
1442619277594.jpg
67 KB, 600x1005
>>337900671
OP here

the only map i can seem to find that doesnt have tanks is Operation Locker. Just got the game yesterday though so still getting used to it.
>>
>>337899616
Play Call of Duty instead if you're not happy with vehicles you faggot.
>>
>>337900814
In advanced options choose "infantry only" or "limited vehicles"
>>
File: 1453602642985.jpg (33 KB, 564x676) Image search: [Google]
1453602642985.jpg
33 KB, 564x676
>>337900882
I really love this game for the sound.

call of duty doesnt do it for me. Its a better speed than call of duty also. Im not always getting killed from behind, just some wanker in a tank.
>>
>>337899616
No they are not since there is only a limited amount of tanks on each map and, more important, kills aren't the objectives.

>Mfw enemy LAV sniping from behind scoring 22:0
>Mfw we still win because it's a rush map and we are defending
>>
>>337900814
Why don't you just use some anti tank gear? The standard tier 1 anti tank weapon has auto aim.

Literally no excuse.
>>
Am I wrong to think knifes, guns and vehicles are overpowered?

I want to play on a sever without knifes, guns and vehicles but I can't find any.
>>
>>337900948
Been playing BF4 since release and never knew this was a thing. Hopefully there are some servers with a decent ping from AUS
>>
>>337900627
One hit kill on infantry
>>
>>337901181
Because it takes minimum 4 shots to kill them. meanwhile, even if you're behind a rock or a wall, they just have to shoot beside it or through it to kill you instantly.
>>
>>337901253

Search for grenade only.
>>
>>337901445
Well played
>>
>>337901376
>Facing a 60 tons war machine made out of steel alone in the open.
>>
>>337901376

Just like in real life.
>>
>>337901674
>behind a wall
>in the open

Pick one faggot
>>
>>337901878
No current in service tank is still moving after 3 hits with an RPG
>>
>>337901890

You think a rock or a wall (even a concrete one) will protect you from a tungsten round let alone a HE?

Armored vehicles are dangerous, but they are expensive. Human lives and explosives are cheap.
>>
>>337900814

>"Just got the game yesterday though so still getting used to it."
>already thinks he knows what's op or not

Vehicles are only op if your team is shit.
If you want to help out your team, go engy, which is probably going to be your most used class, so focus on upgrading that.

Harass tanks with the SMAW until you're confident enough to judge distances with the RPG.
They will most likely reverse and get the fuck out of there, but the important thing is, they are out of the area.

Yeah, I've seen people who can get 50-0 in the tank.
But they are always shithead clan members who care more about their killstreaks than helping their team. They don't move on points and only go for the easy kills out in the open.
As long as your there and bitch slapping them with the RPG as soon as they get close, they will just run away and leave your team alone.
>>
>>337902017
What? I'm pretty sure every modern tank can take plenty of shots as long as they hit it frontal.
Also
>Modern tanks
>Getting hit by missiles at all
>>
I picked up BF4 again after a year long hiatus. Have they nerfed the little bird? I used to roll with my friend (support pilot with reload aura) and me as engi rocking repeair tool and anti air missles. we we're unkillable flying deathmachines and it was the greatest fun we ever had playing this game. Trying it out some days ago though and I wasn't able to shoot rockets while sitting as passenger in the little bird anymore. Did EA really listen to the whiners and remove this fun vehicle combination?
>>
>>337901890
Rocks are usually in the open. And why do you stand next to doors while a tank is aiming at you?
>>
>>337902062
This
>>
File: 1431619754511.jpg (60 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
1431619754511.jpg
60 KB, 700x500
>Noob friendly server.

>playing with people who are rank 112
>>
>play rush on offense
>dude spawns in LAV, literally "rushes" to the first target
>exits vehicle to go and plant C4
>gets killed
>our LAV gets stolen
>we now have two LAVs against us

every
single
time
>>
>>337902235
Well, I know at least Australian tanks (M1A1) have no reason they wouldn't be hit by an RPG. Which is far more likely than any other kind of missile in current conflicts.
The bushmasters do a great job of delfecting mines and small arms from the side but even .50 cal have pierced sides.
Never been in or worked with the LAVs so I don't know much about what they can take but It'd be far less than a tank.
>>
Why does hitreg in BF4 feel awful compared to BF3?

I used to win every single 1v1 firefight in BF3 but I'm fucking useless in BF4. I feel like i get about 6 hitmarkers, die and their HP reads about 50.

It just feels slower and a lot more unresponsive.
>>
>>337902248

I'm pretty sure they made it so you can't fire stingers or javelins as a passenger in a vehicle.
Also, they really slowed down the repair rate when repairing from a vehicle.
So yeah, that combo is pretty much dead.

At least these changes stopped the unstoppable attack boats in paracel
>>
File: 1352887911216.jpg (71 KB, 447x912) Image search: [Google]
1352887911216.jpg
71 KB, 447x912
>>337899616
>I play Battlefield for the Infantry combat

So this is what has come to
>>
>>337902525
>Bf3
>Seine crossing
>Rush
>Defending team puts spawn beacons next to the first assault check point and steal the attackers LAV
>>
>>337902301
So never attack tanks?
>>
>>337902525
This is why i stopped playing bf 2bh

Thats all the end game is...some max level taking his vehicle of choice, getting infinite kills and going out of range/target when hes about to be attacked. What? You mean he actually does get damaged? No problem, he has an army of assfuckers right on him ready and eager to repair the vehicle to 100 health

Call of duty was always better than this shit, never again
>>
>>337899616
Yes and no, they're really annoying in the hands of a good driver/pilot, but they can be taken down or avoided with good map awareness and movement.

I personally prefer infantry combat so I stick to servers that play Locker, Propaganda and the likes. Or you can try to find "Infantry Only" servers.
>>
>>337902664
There is a lot more spread and the weapon dmg falls of pretty hard over a small distance.
>>
>>337902712
But infantry combat is the biggest part of the game.
>>
>>337899616
They aren't. If someone/s on the other team is dominating in a vehicle/s, its entirely on your team. All it fucking takes is for the majority to switch to engie and swamp him with rockets then switch back. I don't understand why so many dumbshit players in this game are allergic to redeploying and/or switching classes to perform a role.
>>
>>337902838
Weapons don't drop off damage more than in BF3 and the higher spread is only true for high rpm close quarters weapons.

Unless he is doing something retarded like heavy barrel ergo grip AEK trying to engage people at 80 meters, he shouldn't be losing firefights like that.

I find it very hard to lose 1v1s and even 1v2s in BF4, you just need proper recoil control and aim.
>>
>>337899616
Bf3 lead development for PC
Bf4 lead development for console.

This my answer, it is just a direction.
>>
>>337902664
the netcode is still ass, I swear the server reads both actions and chooses who went first on the tick, had way too many one shot draws (ie both dead) on 4.
>>
>>337902728
Only attack if you can run into cover and if the tank isn't facing you.

And don't pop out on the same spot if you continue to shoot the tank.
>>
how can vehicles be overpowered? Its a teamshooter. You're supposed to focus on the objective by playing with your mates, and not about your stats.

And since all maps share the same amount of vehicles for both sides, or at least a balanced amount, everything is fine.
>>
>>337902846
Combined arms is the biggest part of the game.
>>
>>337903021
Regardless of what you think, even in 64 player on the biggest maps like Golmud you'll never have more than half of the team on vehicles. More than half of the team will be on infantry.
>>
>just start playing this game recently because friend wants me to
>hes literally one of the best helicopter pilots in NA
>60-80/<5 per game
I get to sit on the side and shoot niggers with an RPG, or if its an attack chopper, I get to actually land some hits.

Get a friend that's good and vehicles become a ton of fun. You get to actually stay alive and do stuff. The prison map is for infantry only.
>>
File: 1463025237383.gif (2 MB, 343x249) Image search: [Google]
1463025237383.gif
2 MB, 343x249
>>337899616
>Am i wrong to think Vehicles in Battlefield are overpowered?

Don't know how many tank shells you can take to the face in real life, buddy. But yeah, vehicles in Battlefield will fuck your shit up, best stay with your squad so you can do some damage back.

>I just want to play on a server without tanks. Cant find any though...

BF4's server browser has some of the most autistic filter options I've ever seen, if you can't find any servers without vehicles you aren't using it right.
>>
>>337901376
It's a team player game.

This is the problem of new battlefags, they all want to rock on their own, like this shit is somehow an cod or doom.
>>
>>337902929
I've been playing FPS for a long time, my aim might have gotten a little shitter, but I still think it's pretty good. I mean BF3 isn't THAT old and I used to rape on it. So far for me, the only thing BF4 does better than 3 is air vehicles and anti-air missles and the addition of boats(which I have no problems with really). Vehicles feel unstoppable, bullets feel like they travel slower resulting in having to compensate to retarded levels of guessing trajectory.

Snipers feel the same I guess but AR's, carbines, pistols all feel way way worse.
>>
>>337902929
But why do the firefights feel so sluggish in bf4?

I remember killing people left and right with the G3 and in Bf4 the scar H doesn't compare at all.
>>
In a reverse-epiphany I bought hardline the other day. holy crap, that game is so, so fucking bad. I don't even know what to tell you.

>weapon handling is shit
>weapon damage is too damn high
>conquest is a joke
>invincible cars with mounted MGs fuck shit up
>flying death machines with no way to shoot them down
>engineer wields a fucking noobtube

why are there even servers still up for this literal horse shit?
>>
I didn't bother with battlefield 4 beyond the beta since i was pretty fed up with the third game. Does tank still have the shotgun round unlock? I found it very fun for something that probably breaks the Geneva convention.
>>
>>337903071
That's because the map doesn't have enough vehicles to allow for more than half of the team to be in them.
>>
>>337903239
Meh, I like gunplay in BF4 a lot more. The game is actually harder than 3, and I like that.
I don't exactly understand your complaint, you shouldn't be engaging people at extreme ranges with a carbine anyway so the spread and bullet speed are understandable.

In BF4 you can not use your weapons outside their intended ranges unless you have a very specific attachment combo and good burst fire control. They did it to make weapons like the M16A3 not king at everything like in BF3. For a while, the same thing happened in BF4 where you could kill people at sniper range with an AEK with an angled grip. So why use any other assault rifle?
>>
Despite what BF2 fags want you to believe, Bad Company 2 was actually the single best Battlefield game of all time
>>
>>337903239
The worst think about pistols is that tac lights don't suppress the target anymore.

>Tfw jumping out of your cover, heavily wounded, aiming with your M9 Taclight straight down the hallway and killing 3 enemies with one magazine.
>>
>>337903307
You need to get good with the SCARH. It's a rape machine in BF4. You just haven't gotten used to it yet.

I know, I also had trouble when I switched from BF3 to BF4 after using the G3 a lot. But really the SCARH is actually even better than the G3, it has a faster reload and better recoil pattern.

Put an ergo grip and no barrel attachment on that shit and just get good with it.

If you were really good with the G3 you can be really good with the SCARH.

>>337903386
The thing is that not a single map has enough vehicles to allow. Not Golmud, not Altai Range. None of the maps have that many vehicles.

It was only in modded servers in the previous games when you could have all out vehicle only warfare.
>>
I think 3 was better in every way, including sound. The base maps in 3 were way better and the guns felt...i dont know how to say it. Felt better to aim, move, shoot. Kills were easy to give and receieve, most deaths felt fair. I stopped playing 4 after a month because i always died from some queer hiding miles away in a vehicle and if i was ever in a battle, i would put 10 shots in someone and theyd do nothing but turn around and kill me in 2 shots. Glad bf3 still has a decent population left
>>
>>337903426
But now all assault rifles are the same, not including the scar-h and the aek.
>>
>>337903486
This. Even the campaign was excellent
>>
>>337899616
I'd be fine with them if they didn't have a billion gimmicks like motion sensor and deflecting rockets
>>
File: bf3 stats.jpg (77 KB, 993x338) Image search: [Google]
bf3 stats.jpg
77 KB, 993x338
>>337903426
I have tried using a lot of combinations of AR, Carbine, LMG, Snipers and PDW.

It seems that ARs are pointless now and LMGs win every time. PDWs are pretty good too which completely overshadow carbines. I'm not trying to snipe niggaz with AR's either, it's like close/medium range and I still struggle with them and carbines.

I don't know what it is. I experiment with attachments and stuff and I still can't find the right combos.

Here are my BF3 stats. I mostly played CQL, CQ and Rush as they're my favourite game modes. I play the same modes in BF4 but I'm awful at it and I can't quite put my finger on it.
>>
>>337903553
>Sound

Never
>>
>>337902062
/thread

Other than that vehicles counter vehicles. When I play tank I try to support infantry as much as possible, while keeping tanks at bay (Hitting them once makes them run for their money, plus a well timed active shield may even the odds if you are outnumbered.)
>>
>>337903535
>The thing is that not a single map has enough vehicles to allow. Not Golmud, not Altai Range. None of the maps have that many vehicles.

Which is a good thing in my opinion, DICE has found a healthy balance between the amount of infantry and vehicle units in their game. Sure, it would be fun to have a vehicle-centered game-mode such as a tank only server with different objectives, I agree. But for conquest it would just be a mess if more than half of the team occupied vehicles.
>>
>>337899616
Pilot here, love Controlling the battlefield with being absolutely invincible. Haven't lost a Dogfighter in the last 200 hours and can even takeout most of the antiairs with ease.

I love it.
>>
>>337903218
bad company was a mistake
>we want the cod audience
>>
>>337903696
most of the time i cant even see where I'm being shot from
>>
File: 1443611763886.jpg (58 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1443611763886.jpg
58 KB, 500x500
What's up with no hardcore servers on PS4? It's the only game mode where I can nail some kills with spray and pray, but the server list won't show any.
>>
>>337904020
>See elder tier pilot in the sky raping our team
>Half of the team leaves
>>
>>337903218
playing bf2 again I've noticed more teamwork in that compared to bf3/4. shame the netcode is so terrible
>>
File: bf4 stats.png (156 KB, 664x512) Image search: [Google]
bf4 stats.png
156 KB, 664x512
>>337904117
Oh yeah, that too. It's instinct for me to always try to keep moving in an FPS, never stick around and camp cause it makes you a sitting duck, but in BF4 it feels like the complete opposite.

my bf4 stats in comparison to bf3 really suck.
>>
>>337904214
Now that you say it, that happens a lot. Linda frustrating when you run out of targets.
>>
>>337904214
>autobalance
>you are now fighting against him
>>
>>337903696
ARs dominate in medium range (50m to 250m). I happen to kill badly positioned snipers with few hits, especially since aiming at that flashing point of their's leads you to aim straight at their head. Carbines are closing the gap between PDW and AR, so it's like 10m to 150m.
LMGs are in about the same range class as ARs, but their immobility gives them a disadvantage in close quarters, except if you manage to sit down at a good chokepoint with a bipod. Other than that those things are the bane of any infantry unit.
Snipers are quite obvious. Longer range than DMR, requires quite some practice. Close quarters is near impossible with those, even with close quarters sights (except on hardcore).
DMRs aka. wasps have a slightly higher range than AR but less than snipers. Three hits suffice to kill a target which is quite ridiculous (or on hardcore even 1 hit) and makes it even reliable on close quarters.
Shotguns are obvious, as long as you don't put Slug ammunition into your shotgun you're blasting everything with a single shot in close quarters into oblivion. Slug increases the range to Carbine range, headshots do one shot and sometimes a body shot does too.
PDWs are obvious too. Use in close-range
>>
>>337904107
>implying Bad Company won over the CoD audience
Bad Company was a marginal success but did little to include Call of Duty fans to the franchise. The real turning point was when CoD players started to realize their franchise was becoming a lazy rehash with MW3 and began switching over to Battlefield 3.
>>
>>337902062
i skipped the smaw and went straight for the rpg, but he's right
the mechanic/anti-tank specializations are your friends, and so is shooting the tank directly from the rear
>>
>>337904223
Teach me how I can play BF2 again, senpai. How can I find active servers?
>>
>>337899616
Yeah they are overpowered in 3 and 4 because there's way too much healing and shit they can get. Jets in particular can just stay in the air forever even if they have 5 guys locking on and shooting at them. Even if they get hit they just fly out of the map for 20 seconds and they're back to full HP.
>>
>>337899980
>dont like how unbalanced tanks are.

If you're not a complete scrub, so long as you have some kind of explosive weapon, tanks are a doddle.
If you are somewhat of a scrub, just fucking run away, tanks are slow to manuever and easy to avoid.

My sniper loadout always has C4 so I can drop from my cover, plant one on the tail of a passing tank, and do a badass explosion walk away.
>>
>>337904571
https://battlelog.co/
there you go boss
>>
File: 612.png (236 KB, 1016x335) Image search: [Google]
612.png
236 KB, 1016x335
>>337904290
You just need to get used to the game.
It takes a while to get adjusted from BF3 to BF4.

Also in BF4 mobility is more important than in BF3. In fact the current meta is to outshoot your enemies with better movement and overwhelming firepower like AEK/ACE23 zouzou jump and other movement techniques.

You're probably just used to the BF3 playstyle, that is very different to the successful BF4 playstile.
>>
My most used weapon is the ACE 23. I'm very good with it but I think if I'd spend my time on a harder hitting weapon, I could be even better. What's the one universal god tier AR in this game?
>>
>>337904771
The Ace 23.
>>
>tfw can only play with IR and IRNV scopes because I cant see shit
I hate it so much that you cant turn off these annoying flashing light effects completely.
>>
>>337904828
its the worst and bf1 is going to have it as well no doubt
>>
>>337904576
Jets are actually well balanced if you use them correctly. Fighters deal shit-damage to ground vehicles and can actually not take them out with one strafe. But they have a much smaller turn radius and can manage their speed much better. Even an idiot can take down the bomber that's raping your team if he has basic knowledge of air-air combat. Sitting in the bomber you can do nothing but fly loopings and hope the fighter is overshooting it's turn so you can get behind and rape him but that never happens unless you're playing against a mentally handicapped one-armed blind guy that only uses the jet to boost himself on some glitchy Spot where he can snipe with the 40x scope.
>>
>>337904672
Thanks
>>
>>337899616
>Am i wrong to think Vehicles in Battlefield are overpowered?
Yes, if you are doing well in a vehicle the other team are bad.
>>
File: Is that your final Dandy.jpg (327 KB, 1066x714) Image search: [Google]
Is that your final Dandy.jpg
327 KB, 1066x714
>>337899616
>tanks are overpowered
>the attack heli fucks their shit up
>jets fuck their shit up
>even light tanks can destroy one if it just catches a tank driver off guard and hits hard from behind
>a tank shell cannot even destroy an EOD bot
>a tank shell cannot even destroya heli in one shot after recent patches
>a tank shell cannot even destroy a car driving up to it with c4 on the front it just disables it and the guy driving survives 50% of the time, allowing them to get out and run up to you
>a tank shell cannot even kill infantry unless dead-on/nearly dead-on

Tanks are almost the weakest vehicle in the game.
Meanwhile I've seen attack helis and littlebirds dominate entire games, single handedly, without any backup/support from the rest of their team.
>>
>>337904828
they are there on purpose, so people don't use thermal sights constantly
>>
How will weapon customization in BF1 look like?
>>
>>337905063
Attack Heli is the strongest vehicle in the game, followed by the Scout Heli.

Tanks are ok, but not crazy, even the LAV is better against infantry.

You are basically forced to run AP shell and Canister if you wanna do well with tanks in big maps.
>>
Dunno guys im a jetwhore and i love every single moment of it desu
>>
>>337905063
>I've seen attack helis and littlebirds dominate
Then you had a shit team who didn't switch to engineers with stingers or have anyone try to take them out in your helis and littlebirds.
>>
>>337905087
I wasn't talking about flashlights and lasers. I meant environmental lights, like the fucking sun in Operation Locker over C.
>>
>>337904771
Pretty sure you're using the right weapon. AEK or scar-H are the best for closer/ longer ranges respectively.
>>
File: 6503b61024125edf36p9w.jpg (251 KB, 736x4335) Image search: [Google]
6503b61024125edf36p9w.jpg
251 KB, 736x4335
>>337905159
This guy has a taste in vehicles.
>>
File: 1442138633961.png (361 KB, 858x725) Image search: [Google]
1442138633961.png
361 KB, 858x725
The aa mines fucking suck desu.
REMOVE THEM RRRREEE
>>
>>337905194
The attach helicopter is the strongest vehicle in the game, it outranges everything, including MAA and manpads.

You can just sit back and snipe infantry trying to attack you with stingers/iglas as the gunner with ease.

At most you can deny some airspace with IGLA constant lockon.
>>
>>337905194
>Then you had a shit team
Yes I did, been on the other side a lot to; watching our heli murder the other team so fast the rest of us had nothing to do. Those games are boring regardless of which team you're on.
>>
Shit takes too many rockets to kill.

Have to use almost if not all my rockets to kill a tank and that can be ruined by 1 guy hopping behind it and repairing.
>>
>>337904771
The M16A4 is God tier. Full auto shits don't need to apply.
>>
Ohh i almost forgot.
For all those non-premium pl*bs.
The Final Stand DLC will be free for a couple of days.
I dont know if they will release the rest of the dlcs as well but its a nice gesture desu
>>
>>337900627
They're great on maps like Hainan Resort and Flood Zone for clearing out rooftop campers. I got a 5 man kill on Resort on a squad of noobs camping the elevators with C4. They nerfed the regular UCAV to the point where the splash damage is so low you need a direct impact to kill, but the airburst is still good if you time it right.
>>
>>337904771
i love the f2000 and the British Ar that i cannot remember its name desu
>>
>>337905159
finally unlocked the rockets for the attack jet, i love them
when do i unlock the actual 30mm gau instead of this fake shit so i can live my dreams of brrrting tanks?

>>337905256
>barrel roll

>>337905628
l85?
>>
File: 1460019778647.jpg (94 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1460019778647.jpg
94 KB, 960x720
Man, it's been a long time since I've seen a /v/ thread so civilized and comfy.
>>
>>337905628
L85A2.
>>
>>337900814
>the only map i can seem to find that doesnt have tanks is Operation Locker. Just got the game yesterday though so still getting used to it.

There are two more.
>Metro
>Lumphini Garden (from Dragon's Teeth, which is now a free Map Pack)

Set your filters to just search for these three maps.
>>
>>337905314
This only happens in BF3 because helis had unlimited ammo and could just hover well out of rang.

They can't do this in BF4 because they have to resupply their ammo.Also if you have several people locking on to the heli it only has one set of flares, wait fir it to pop its flares then hit it.
Plus you have a heli and littlebird on your team, learn to fly.

You also have the SUAV as a support player, you can use a laser designatior as a recon, tanks and APCs have tow misslies and laser guided rockets. Engineers have stingers ans S RAW, you can even use an RPG. .

There are many ways to take out helis, you just have to use them and hope your team does as well. If you are getting owned by a heli, playing as assault isn't going to help, switch to something that will.
>>
>>337904190
>fps on console
you asked for it.
>>
>>337905660
>>337905670
yeah that bad boi.
>>337905660
i believe that the aj cannon was ALOT stronger b4 the spring patch(?).
Also dice nerfed the spotting for the jets desu.
>>
>>337905820
They can do it in BF4.
Source: I and my clanmates do it all the time.
One of my friends is ranked #4 worldwide with the Attack Heli. It is very doable you just have to git gud
>>
>>337900984
if you like the sounds of battlefield, make sure you put on 'war tapes' in the audio options, makes it fantastic
>>
File: 1455414427437.jpg (8 KB, 208x243) Image search: [Google]
1455414427437.jpg
8 KB, 208x243
>people bitching about not being allowed to solo vehicles in a bf game
>people hating on bf2 and defending bad's company
>an anon unironically calling people plebs who didn't buy premium

I'm just coming back to /v/ from about a year and some change hiatus, what the fuck happened? Was there an invasion or is this just the new 18 year olds?
>>
>>337906021
There always scrubs complaining about vehicles being OP.
There's always retards defending BC2.
There's always people saying Premium isn't bad (it isn't though).

Nothing changed.
>>
>>337902749
2bh infantry only / tdm of bf3 is quite nice. i only play canal 24/7 servers with infantry only or tdm mode. gun play is really nice, every single weapon is absolutely usable but of course m16/aek is best. still they can be easily countered.

dont go for 64 player though at most 32 (which is the best if you want nonstop action).

the only thing i dont like about bf3 infantry is the over-agrassive suppression effect and the "sun". but once you learn to use them for your own benefit its easy to get 2+ k/d. wish there were more cqc maps in europe but its only canal now.
>>
>>337904608
>putting points in recon

lol scrub
>>
>>337906094
senpai i got the premium for 20E thats a Great fucking price desu.
>>
>>337906021
What's wrong with Premium? Vanilla servers with map rotation are nearly non-existant.
>>
>>337903376
Canister shells? Yeah. Also you can unlock an incendiary grenade launcher for your gunner seat.
>>
>>337906094
Yeah, retards on normie forums.

Although we had some bc2 defenders nobody defended the campaign or bc1.

OP needs to git gud or git friends.
>>
>>337906168
>not putting pounts into all classes

This is what is wrong with this game, to many fags who only run around as medics and don't switch classes depending on the situation.

This is also why people get owned by vehicles and wonder why.
>>
>tfw harvesting points like crazy as medic in Operation Locker
This map is so awful, but it is the fastest way to unlock stuff.
>>
>>337906356
Operation Locker is The best infantry map the franchise has seen as long as you play on max 32 player servers
>>
File: 1450824556254.jpg (83 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1450824556254.jpg
83 KB, 1280x720
>>337906234
>tfw taking down jets & helis with canister shells
>>
>>337899616
>Wanting to play BF without vehicles
They have literally been an integral part of the series since the beginning in 1942.

You probably belong on COD.
>>
>>337902062
This. You don't need to kill the tanks, you just need to force them to retreat.

I would even say use the RPG as soon as possible so you learn the trajectory from habit.
>>
When you are in the gunner seat of a tank do you soflam targets ?
>>
>>337906234

>incendiary grenade launcher

There is pretty much no reason to not have this.
It makes you a god, especially on maps like zavod
>>
>>337905513
my man
people always bitch about macros when they get dropped by it, but fact is it's rather easy to cap the fire rate since it has no real delay like the god-awful an94
>>
Damn it, i'm downloading BF4 again. Haven't played for about a year and told myself I wouldn't play BF again until BF1.
>>
>>337906324
Medics that run around on vehicle maps and don't revive because they're running med pack and M320 piss me off to no end. If they can't do their job and they can't destroy armoured vehicles they're a waste of a slot on your team.
>>
>>337907308
doesn't help defibs aren't unlocked by default
>>
>>337899616
Play cod if you don't want vehicles. Don't be retarded bf4 on foot blows
>>
>>337907848
Naw, infantry combat is awesome.
>>
>>337901256
If you're down for Gunmaster, BUM's Gunmaster server is pretty fun.
>>
what's the best support gun to use with a macro? and what kinda rpm do you guys use while macroing?
>>
>>337902572
modern tanks have countermeasures that meet incoming rockets before they impact. Even if a rocket does manage a direct hit nearly all MBT's use some form of ablative outer layer so the damage is nearly nil. Add the incredibly high tech slat armor welded on el cheapo style that nearly nullifies rockets anyway and there is not too many ways to get a genuine tank kill without more advanced AT weapons.
>>
>>337908639
>with a macro
Stop being a scrub and learn how to shoot.
>>
>>337911483
whatever im that guy ill ruin the game for everyone here you go

ace DMR with flir and heavy barrel, you can full auto it with a macro with 100% pinpoint accuracy out to any distance. when i play it makes the game so easy it's boring which is why i quit. you can counter snipe from hundreds and hundreds of meters away with a full auto dmr with 0 recoil or spread.

i use the MSE pro gaming macro. i got it cheap but it's expensive as fuck now. if you have certain mice you can get the macros for free.

there's also software "universal recoil reducer" i think, but you have to configure it yourself and it works with any mouse. I bought a macro because I am too lazy to set it up myself.
>>
>>337911937
Good for you anon. Most of us can play without cheating, we are no scrublords that can't even shoot.
>>
>>337912121
you must be pro clicking at exactly 260 rpm while also compensating for recoil as perfectly as a computer to full auto a sniper down at 500 meters
>>
>>337899616
This is why i only play maps without tanks and airplanes
>>
>>337912234
The point is anon I don't have to cheat because I can shoot and kill people by playing normally.

I feel sorry for you being so bad at video games you have to cheat. I would hate to be as bad as you are.
>>
>>337912234
I haven't played BF4 in a while but I never had any trouble killing people the normal way.
>>
BF4 is the best Battlefield game for me.

It was shit before given to DICE LA though.
>tfw 120hz server
>>
File: 1394054395911.gif (3 MB, 385x354) Image search: [Google]
1394054395911.gif
3 MB, 385x354
>>337899616

They are, when the game originally launched there were a lot of really nice vehicle counters in the game and that for the most part balanced it out. Unfortunately over time they nerfed all of these into the ground and continually buffed vehicles, now the game sits in a very poor position where vehicles are unrivaled and infantry are nothing but fodder.
Thread replies: 157
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.