[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Doom Hell
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: doom_quakecon_2.jpg (256 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
doom_quakecon_2.jpg
256 KB, 1920x1080
How would the world react if there was conclusive evidence that Hell as an alternate dimension existed?
For thst matter do you think anyone could go to hell and return without becoming insane. asuming they don't get instantly killed or possessed by deamons.?
>>
I think I'd play some video games
>>
>>337879735
i think most people besides the fanatically religious wouldn't assume it was hell unless it literally looked like pic related or had recognizable "satanic" imagery
>>
I think I'd masturbate.
>>
>>337881242
FPBP
>>
>>337879735

If you could prove that it was an alternate dimension, one among many, it would lose its spook factor. It wouldn't be seen as anything other than an interdimensional Detroit at that point.
>>
Many worlds hypothesis implies worlds such as the one you posted actually exist. It doesn't mean they're demonic, that part is just a coincidence, but they'd be visually similar to what we imagine hell being.

Truth be told, if there is a Christian version of "hell", it would not look anything like hell, because that would ruin the game of hell. Part of being in hell would undoubtedly be not knowing you're in hell, and suffering in a reality that you perceive to be the "norm". In fact, we could be in hell right now. /v/ sure fits the bill
>>
I would probably devote my life to bringing hell to us. I think I would love that.
>>
>>337882337
<insert Trump joke>
>>
>>337882476
I don't really understand what you mean. I don't get much into politics, but I wasn't kidding about what I said either.
>>
>>337882318
Hence the banner
>>
We should extract energy from it.
>>
So if we found out it was an alternate dimension, would that mean there wasn't really proof that bad people went there when we die? Wouldn't Hell being an alternate dimension just make it "a dimension that we describe as hell" and not "hell"?
>>
>>337883242
Wouldn't an all-powerful being just be "a being that we describe as god" and not "God"?
>>
>>337883442
Fair point
>>
File: 1460926915710.png (237 KB, 638x745) Image search: [Google]
1460926915710.png
237 KB, 638x745
>>337882337
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.