[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's discuss the best Halo game What was your favorite
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: odst.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
odst.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
Let's discuss the best Halo game

What was your favorite mission?

The overworld in this game is amazing, the music is truly beautiful.
>>
>>337875112
>What was your favorite mission?
The one where you fly the ship around like in Descent Freespace.
>>
This game had the hardest Legendary mode, it was incredibly satisfying beating it solo.

The tank mission was probably my favorite.
>>
ODST's coastal highway was pretty goddamn amazing.
>>
>>337875112

>Let's discuss the best Halo game
Tribes 2?
>>
My favorite moment

Made by the same guy who created Crimson Skies and it felt exactly the same

I thought for sure Destiny was gonna implement this because it'd be too retarded not to
>>
>>337876179
Let's not even get into the massive disappointment that is Destiny. I don't think Bungie will ever top Halo 1 - ODST, especially since they're working with Activision.
>>
>>337876445

Bungie isn't even Bungie anymore.

Literally half of the people who worked on the Halo series since day 1 left Bungie all of a sudden in the middle of Destiny.

No one really knows why
>>
>>337876779
That's terrible. I wonder what those guys are doing now. I haven't heard of them creating a new studio.
>>
File: poster.jpg (1 MB, 1536x3264) Image search: [Google]
poster.jpg
1 MB, 1536x3264
>>337875112
I love this game that much i still have a poster of it up and bought my gf an xbone so we could co-op it, film it and then put it on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ma6iSnZtdw

NOT EVEN JOKING, i spent weeks of my life editing a lets play coz i love odst.
>>
i dont remember that scene. is that the remastered version?
>>
>>337876919
From what I've heard, a majority of them went back to (shocker) Microsoft except for Marty O'Donnell

That's not a joke
>>
>>337877296

Marty was fired because he didnt lay down and take it from activision.
>>
>>337877501
Termination without cause.

Did he ever win that lawsuit?
>>
>>337877227
No, that's at the very beginning of the game.
>>
>>337877687
Yes he did win, thankfully. The man does great work, I'm glad Activision didn't get away with cheating him.
>>
>>337878285
Marty is working on that Golem PSVR game.
>>
>>337875112

>Halo 3 its best halo game

totally agree
>>
>>337877687
he won. he cant publish the music he made, but he gets some good money. $142000 in unpaid game sales revenue initially plus $95000 in unpaid wages. I think he gets stock and shit too.
>>
>>337875112

Tsavo highway maybe, but all of them are god tier except ODST campaign
>>
Odst is the most overrated shit of them all, literally just some halo3 dlc that's boring as fuck after doing it once
>>
File: TheArk.jpg (806 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
TheArk.jpg
806 KB, 1920x1080
Halo 3, The Ark.

That beautiful skybox, the environment, the music, the fucking Forward Unto Dawn making a bitching entrance to shit out warthogs and tanks for me and my trusty marines.

Truly levelkino.
>>
>>337875112
the opening and NMPD HQ

>best campaign
>came with 3 multiplayer plus all the DLC
>reach beta access
ODST was so good.
>>
>post 12:00 AM Halo thread

Sssss, never works.
>>
>>337877214

Did you enjoy qwoping it with her?
>>
Halo 2, the Delta Halo/Regret segment.

>That final approach aboard the gondola as the covenant fleet appears in the sky and the music reaches a crescendo

My single favorite moment in the Halo series. I wish Halo 2 kept track of your stats, because I'd love to see how many hours I spent saying that level and finding all the secrets.

Shame about the "boss", though. Bosses in Halo were a mistake.
>>
Quick /v/, post your top 3 most CONTROVERSIAL halo opinions

1. I think CE has the worst singleplayer. The story was minimal; The levels were either cramped repetiive coordiors, or large empty outdoor areas. The latter half of the camapgin reused the first few levels with minor changes. It had very few enemy types and wapons so overall it just got stale faster. It's not bad, it's just not as good as the rest.

2. I thought 4 was alright and 5 was good. 4 has some truly bad shit in it, but at the end of the day it was still an 8/10 game, which is just sup par for a halo game. 5's SP isn't that great but it's arguably a step up from 4's, and it's MP is my second favorite after 2's.

3. 343 has overall done a good job trying to fit in bungie shoes. They haven't been perfect and have made their fair share of trip ups,n and they still do, but they've done way better then most studios would have, and have produced a lot of really good content.

>>337881492
The Covenant was better, and is my answer to OP's question. Easily best mission in the franchise.
>>
>What was your favorite mission?
Entirety of Mombasa, just because of music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQRH6kLMa1k

Say what you want about Halo series but it's still miles ahead of post-MW CoD's and other shit.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.