[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've never played this one, but I bought 5 on the sale.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: AJ_cover_art.png (2 MB, 1536x1377) Image search: [Google]
AJ_cover_art.png
2 MB, 1536x1377
I've never played this one, but I bought 5 on the sale. Played the first three, should I play this one? A lot of people say that it sucks.
>>
>>337875071
Yes buy it, if you don't you're gonna be confused as fuck about everything
>>
>>337875280
oh yea? That's what I figured. Aiight, how about miles edgeworth game? That any good?
>>
>>337875460
AAI2 is one of the best games of the franchise up there with T&T, but AAI is around JFA level. They're totally optional, but they do add new gameplay mechanics you're sure to love.
>>
>>337875709
isn't AAI2 only in japanese?
>>
>>337875793
You can patch it to be in English if you're emulating, there's easy guides out there to follow. They're fan-made, but it is really good and stays true to the series
>>
>>337876051
Alright, I'll get to some googling then, I'll first play some ace attorney and then try out edgeworth and if i like it/have time i'll get the second one.
>>
>>337875071
Case 1 and 2 are good

3 is easily worst case in the whole series. Yes, even worse than the Clown Fiesta from AA2.

4 is retarded, not because it's bad but because it doesn't makes any sense any of it's camera time traveling shenanigans

6/10 it's decent.
>>
>>337875071
Apollo Justice is worth a playthrough and it seems like 6 will a dress some plot points from it. The first investigations is the worst of the series but 2 is one of the best. 2 starts right after 1 finishes so you'll want to play 1 first.
>>
>>337875071
it's an okay game, but man it's a mess

lots of plot arcs that go simply nowhere:

motive in one case is literally unexplained,
smuggling arc goes nowhere (it's picked up in Edgeworth's game tho),
mayor's son is sick and judge is late because he had to visit him in hospital and conveniently smuggled cocoons have magical healing properties? Forgotten and never brought back again.
mother abandoning her children is literally the same premise as in third game
trucy and apollo are siblings? remember that? no? well they are

duplicitous premise: "we're replacing main character with new, younger one, except old one is still the one doing everything"

>>337876452
if anything i actually liked time-travel
>>
>>337878182
duplicitous premise: "we're replacing main character with new, younger one, except old one is still the one doing everything"

that was the worst part as it was already annoying to go back to playing as an insecure rookie after phoenix got slowly better at his job throughout the first three games, but on top of that apollo plays second fiddle to phoenix anyway, and the prosecutor is by far the friendliest in the series and doesn't really pose any challenge

it all felt very limp dicked
>>
I actually like it a lot, but it is a flawed game.

Case 3 is really bad. The characters and setting are cool but they fuck it up so bad.

Case 4 was handled very weird.

Basically Apollo Justice is a very interesting character with potential but they messed it up by having Phoenix way too involved in the story. They should've either stuck with him or truly made Apollo the star of his own game instead of giving both of them half-interest.

Still, it's pretty damn good.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.