[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will TEKKEN 7 flop like SFV ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 11
Tekken 7 will be
>freemium 60$ like SFV
> Exclusive to ps4/PC
>not as popular as Street fighter

http://images.en.yibada.com/data/thumbs/full/78626/685/0/0/0/tekken-7-is-a-fighting-game-developed-and-published-by-bandai-namco-entertainment-as-the-ninth-instalment-in-the-tekken-series.png

>we feel that the free to play module is very attractive financially. TEKKEN 7 will make strides to be the best free to play fighter.
>after the success of SFV how could we not ?

On exclusivity
>whiners should purchase a PS4. it's available at an attractive price of 399$
>>
Not announced for PC but it's likely to come to it .
>>
>PC

NEVER EVER
>>
AKITAKA
K
I
T
A
K
A
>>
>>337873990
Might as well get in a word edgewise before the platform warring kicks into full gear.

The big difference between Tekken 7 and Street Fighter V is that SFV didn't have an arcade release. Arcade releases are where content is trickled out, bugs fixed, and balance issues handled. SFV went straight to the PlayStation 4 and Steam without simmering in the arcades due to Sony helping moneyhat the game, and it suffered as a direct result.
>>
>>337874508
I feel that tekken 7s lack of popularity compared to street fighter and its free to okay model which already gave people a bad taste with SFV will make the game flop.
>>
Anything Sony touches turns to shit.

Also, fighters are dead.
>>
Judging by how dead this thread is,ID say tekken is dead in the water
>>
File: 1426767553269.png (432 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1426767553269.png
432 KB, 640x640
>>337873990
They better release a fucking PC version. Think of all the nude mods Harada!
>>
>>337874097
>PC

HAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>337874097
It's confirmed PS4 exclusive. Tekken games have never been on PC tho, so why do people think its coming?
>>
>>337873990
Nope. People have been dying to have a console version of Tekken 7 for ages. If I recall at Combo Breaker Tekken 7 has 1/6th the number of applicants as Street Fighter V.

Let's think about this for a second: the game with no US release including in arcades has one sixth the amount as the biggest fighting game in America, to which has no competition currently because all the big fighting game sequels aren't out yet.

It's going to be fuckhuge. It already sold like hotcakes in Japan and Korea. People are going to buy the console version so they can practice the game. Once T7, KOFXIV, and Revelator come out, SFV will be even more dead in the water.
>>
>>337874989

Fuck off PCuck, if you really played Tekken you would know they're leaning on Sony platforms and never on PC
>>
>want a thread about tekken
>instead it will be 500 posts of falseflagging, pc port begging, and shitposting about the ps4

thanks OP. Why haven't the mods made a /pc/ yet again? When will we be allowed to talk about non PC games again?
>>
I've loved Tekken since the first one. But I can't afford a PS4. My brother who's also loved it for just as long has a PS4. Maybe he'll get it.
>>
>>337878539
>When will we be allowed to talk about non PC games
When they exist.
>>
>>337878865
nice blog post
>>
>>337878424
Lmao how cute. It's going to be huge, just how anime pantsu quests are huge in America because Japs love that shit lmao.

Get your head out of the sand. Only niche audiences like that Jap crap
>>
>>337873990
Tekken 7 looks like shit, so yeah it's going to flop.
>>
File: harada.jpg (55 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
harada.jpg
55 KB, 640x427
It doesn't matter

Harada has already won over Ono and it was a spinoff game
>>
>>337881773
>the highest selling fighting game this gen is pikachu fighters

That picture says a lot
>>
>>337873990
Tekken 7 has been one of the strongest arcade fighters since release in Japan, what are you on? There's always people on the cabinets.
And source on any of that shit
>>
File: 1335043289021.jpg (450 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
1335043289021.jpg
450 KB, 1000x800
I hope Bob is in it.
>>
>>337881981
Games gonna bomb harder than the atomic bomb.
>>
Can't we have a fighting game thread without the retard sensationalism for once?
>>
>>337878240
Because Harada's already said he was an avid PC gamer and that he really wanted to. Honestly I thought that it implied he would but execs wouldn't let him. I'm a PCfag and I think they're way too hopeful.
>>
>>337882310
He might in a future update. I really wish they used Gigas' space for him, Gigas is lame to play as.
>>
So does faggot OP even have a source?
>>
Tekken is for cucks
>>
>>337882645
Nope. It's just trolls trolling trolls trolling trolls in this thread, post mains.
>>
>>337883206
But I don't want to bump shitty clickbait thread.
>>
File: 1421804832364.jpg (238 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
1421804832364.jpg
238 KB, 600x900
>>337882565
Yeah, Gigas looks really boring and uninspired.

I hope Bob has a cool new outfit too. Maybe a superhero one or something. Hoping for Lei to come back too. These new characters really aren't that great.
>>
>>337883471
That arrow guy and the Filipino girl look fun.
>>
>>337873990
no, cause Tekken will be actually finished game
>>
>>337873990
>freemium 60$
wat
>>
I've always been a huge fan of Tekken since I was a kid, but I could care less about Tekken 7.
>No Lee Chaolan
>No Bob
>No Law
>Hworang looks like a meme
Yeah I'm good on it
>>
>>337884920
Law is in T7 and you can always change costumes.
>>
>>337878240
Did you not see the big Tekken marketing survey they did? I did the survey and it was all about there being a PC version and what featues would you want in it.
>>
>>337878539
maybe you're a better fit for some other place, perhaps neoGAF?

/v/ has historically always been very PC oriented. Early /v/ about a decade ago was talking about old and obscure PC games almost all the time. It wasn't until it got flooded with children obsessed with their console wars that the quality of discussion became so bad.
>>
>>337885991
That's not what he said. He just wants a regular Tekken thread without shitposting OP? Why is that so hard on /v/? And fuck Neofag fucking SJW shithole.
>>
File: 1463328888926.png (2 MB, 769x783) Image search: [Google]
1463328888926.png
2 MB, 769x783
People are throwing around the SFV "freemium" model as if it was a bad thing, when its one of the things that are objectively good about this game.

Doubt that Tekken 7 will follow that though. Usually they just deliver all the shit at once on consoles after adding shit to arcades over months and thats it until the next Tekken comes.
>>
>>337878483
That's the old way, it doesn't really mean anything anymore. What series were historically on what consoles means jackshit now days. For example Final Fantasy is just as much an Xbox franchise as a Sony one.

Tekken is definitely gonna be on PC. They've all but confirmed it when they were asking people what features they wanted on the Steam version. Sucks ot be a salty consolekid right now, don't it?
>>
>>337886383
I want crossplay. That's the single most important thing for a PC port.

>>337886360
People are retarded. SFV model is ideal really in terms of new characters. What sucks is the lack of FM from playing online but that's a different thing.
>>
Let's drop some facts in this thread: Street Fighter 5 has sold 1.7 million copies. That's not a flop. Second, 700K of those have been on PS4. PC has accounted for a significant majority of its sales (probably because former 360 players migrated more to PC than to PS4).

With that in mind, Namco would be retarded to avoid PC at this point. Then again, they also think arcade releases are more important than timely home versions, so we can safely say they are retarded and a PC version is nowhere near being a lock.

Even if it is, though, Tekken is dogshit anyways and it's marching boldly ever onwards to its death. It has done nothing but lost players and lost sales for fifteen years, and they are unwilling or unable to apply a significant rethink in order to get it selling to casuals again.
>>
I'm not interested in Tekken 7, mostly because the addition of supers screams "we want the Street Fighter audience" to me.

I'd rather wait for Tekken x Street Fighter or the next Soul Calibur, personally.
>>
>>337886659
>PC has accounted for a significant majority of its sales
150k according to Steamspy so no

>It has done nothing but lost players and lost sales for fifteen years
T7 has made more dough at the arcades than any Tekken game before.

Can't we just enjoy both games? Can't /v/ stop with this retarded fucking Elementary school bitch fight?
>>
>>337886907
>Can't we just enjoy both games? Can't /v/ stop with this retarded fucking Elementary school bitch fight?

Because DOA5LR is better.
>>
>>337873990
Well, the reason that Tekken 7 will be succesful is because it's Tekken
Street Fighter flopped becuase it's Street Fighter
Capcom is manure
Namco is a gift from god
>>
>>337873990
>Tekken 7
More like Tekken 7-frame-input-lag. What the fuck is up with modern competitive fighting games and intentional input lag? This shit is supposed to feel responsive.
>>
>>337873990
>Not on PC

yes
>>
>>337886827
One of those is CANCELED
>>
>>337886659
>claims to use facts
>almost everything said is wrong

Street Fighter V shipped 1.7 million copies. It did not sell them. PC accounted for such a negligible amount of the sales that it probably wasn't worth people hacking it, modding it, and showing off planned content early.

T7 is the most successful game so far.
>>
>>337873990

its already a flop mate. people got spoiled with Tag2's huge cast. removing some of the favourites like Bruce and adding in waifus didn't help the game. also keeping the scrub mechanic bound as high damage doesn't help
>>
>>337888019
>Street Fighter flopped because it's Street Fighter

If there was ever a reason why SFV would be a flop, this is NOT it. Crapcom botched the launch royally and the game itself totally fucking mediocre. Fighting games survive on word of mouth after the launch week, so if anything is to blame it's that.

>>337886827
The supers don't function the way you think they do, and there are two mechanics connected to Rage now, not just the rage arts.
>>
File: 1408557541184.png (129 KB, 724x611) Image search: [Google]
1408557541184.png
129 KB, 724x611
>>337874103
>>337877602
Look at these jealous cucksole players.

Even nip developers are realising how lucrative the PC is as a platform.
>>
>>337888935
Everone got sick of Tag2's bloated roster. Game sold like shit too.
>>
>>337873990
>freemium 60$ like SFV

stop posting this garbage you moron
>>
>No Miguel
why
>>
>>337888935
>Bruce
>favorite
>hur dur waifushit

normies really are the most disgusting unintelligent subhumans imaginable it's outright offensive how uneducated and shallow you people are.
>>
>>337890697

fuck you i main bruce since T2. putting in that josie as Bruce substitue is an insult
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.