[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls Lore Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
The Untended Graves is the real Firelink Shrine, cleared out by Black Knights to deter Unkindled to end/usurp the flame.

Normal Firelink Shrine is an illusion made by Aldrich (by eating Gwyndolin) to guide Unkindled to relink the flame.

Discuss
>>
>>337868772
>Normal Firelink Shrine is an illusion made by Aldrich (by eating Gwyndolin) to guide Unkindled to relink the flame.
Holy shit anon. I'm going to repost this theory forever, so that people may ridicule it for ages to come.
>>
>>337868772
>discuss my headcanon

No thanks.
>>
>>337868772
what's the flameless shrine then fagtron

checkmate atheists
>>
>>337868993
>checkmate atheists
my sides
>>
>>337868772
Fucking dunkass, this has been disproven. The dark firelink is in the past, as you can talk the handmaiden there without talking to her prior, and trigger special dialogue when you return to the current one, where she will state that she recognizes you from before.
>>
>>337869335
>implying that somehow is fact when the lore includes parallel worlds

idiot
>>
>>337869693
Why would a parallel handmaiden remember you from the past?
>>
>>337868772
What the fuck does Aldrich and Gywndolin have to do with anything at firelink?
>>
>>337869959
Ey yo OP, imma need you to stop replying before you completely reveal the extent of your ignorance.
>>
>>337868993
>"Ahh. Found her, did we? And the black eyes that shimmer within, I see? Tis as if it were but yesterday. We did all we could to spare her from them. Much has happened since. Mayhap I should apprise thee... Of what the thin light of these eyes might reveal to the eyeless Firekeeper. Scenes of betrayal, things never intended for her ken, visions of... this age's end..."

>"The eyes show a world destitute of fire, a barren plane of endless darkness. A place born of betrayal. So I will'd myself Lord, to link the fire, to paint a new vision. What is thine intent?"

>"I took the mantle of Lord of Cinder of mine own volition. I speak these words with pride. Choose thy fate alone. Seize it with thine own hands. All the more, should thy fate entail such foul betrayal."
>>
Dark Souls lore is completely retarded at this point, and taking it serious makes you too
>>
>>337870115
>has no counter argument
>hurrr stop posting hurrr ignorant

Maybe you should stop...
>>
>>337870248
the flameless shrine is different from the firelink in untended graves
>>
>>337870115
Why would I be op? I'm arguing against "muh illusions". Why does everything have to be illusions all the time with you guys?
>>
>>337870307
Counter argument to what? I was telling OP to stop posting, and to refrain from replying to you because you can't argue

>Why would a parallel handmaiden remember you from the past?

Try not to jump the gun there bud.
>>
>>337870386
You know what, it's my fault.
My bad.
I wasn't calling you OP btw.
>>
>>337870402
What gun am I jumping? I see no answer to my question.
>>
>>337870493
Thanks for the apology retard. Learn to argue and don't give up so quick, you'll get there when you put your pen to the paper.
>>
>>337870540
You won't get one because there is no logical answer to the question.

A parallel handmaiden wouldn't be able to remember you from the past, that wouldn't make any sense.
>>
>>337869335
That only proves it's in the past compared to Firelink, not compared to the rest of the world.
>>
>>337868772
>the Link the Fire ending is not an endinheirado at all
>it just leads to you burning to cinders, being carried to the Cemetary of Ash by the Soul of Cinder
>le time is convoluted
>bell rings
>you rise once again as someone Unkindled Ash, unfit even to be cinder
>>
>>337870668
What are you even on about? I wasn't even arguing.

Geez you're angry, for no reason at all. At an anonymous person even; reconsider your values for your sake if not others'.
>>
>>337870676
So... I'm right then? If OP can't answer that question, then he has no argument.
>>
Explain kiln of the first flame. It has the five thrones and buildings all mashed together.
>>
>>337870785
*ending
>>
>>337870798
Yes, that was what I was saying that OP shouldn't reply to you because he can't argue against what you said.

Also that any attempt to do so would be a grand display of foolishness.
>>
>>337868772
>Normal Firelink Shrine is an illusion made by Aldrich (by eating Gwyndolin) to guide Unkindled to relink the flame.

Why? Why would Aldrich want you to relink the flame? Why would Aldrich want you to kill him? He doesn't want to relink the fire, that's why he isn't at firelink shrine. Why would he be the one making the illusion if he doesn't want the fire relinked?
>>
>>337868772
>illusion
This is the worst fucking justification for anything.

Quit calling shit an illusion unless it's proven in game, like anor londo in 1
>>
>>337871037

Then how are there two Firelink areas?
>>
>>337871659
They could build 3 firelink areas, seeing how there's 3 of them.
>>
>>337868772
I've come to the conclusion that you can mishmash a lot of DS3 areas with DS2 and things start to make a lot more sense.
>>
>>337871730
bullshit thats logical
>>
The Lit Firelink Shrine is in the future. The Untended Firelink is in the same timeline as the rest of the world (besides Archdragon Peak). It went dark some time after Lothric betrayed and the flame ressurected the Lords of Cinder. At some point somebody (Ludleth, probably) kindled the fire and allowed the flames to revive the Firelink Shrine. It wasn't a permanent fix, so they needed to bring back the Unkindled, so they could get the Lords back to their thrones and legitimately link the fire.
>>
Sulyvahn did nothing wrong
>>
All these threads are are fucking head canon and fan fiction while Vaati feverishly writes down every post and reiterates it in his shit videos while furiously stroking his cock to the sound of his own voice.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.