[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the best DF clones out there currently? Kinda tired
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: repostworld.jpg (255 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
repostworld.jpg
255 KB, 1920x1080
What are the best DF clones out there currently?
Kinda tired of how incredibly EASY Dwarf Fortress is.
>>
>>337863632

>EASY
>>
>>337863632
Tell me more about this Rimworld. How is the gameplay ?
>>
I enjoyed rimworld but after getting more first ship done and winning once I totally lost interest in playing.

Would like more end game scenarios.
>>
>>337863860
DF ripoff with a tileset, invasions are pretty common and comprise what is "the game". There's diseases and shit as well. The AI is designed to soft cap (kill off and prevent you from acquiring) the amount of settlers you have.
The game is really barebones compared to DF, and there is no adventure mode.
>>
>>337864304
No adventure mode = no buy
>>
File: 1404361265838.jpg (62 KB, 476x717) Image search: [Google]
1404361265838.jpg
62 KB, 476x717
>>337864410
>ever entertaining the thought of buying games
>>
>>337863860
Its a mix of prison architect and dorf fort in a somewhat sci-fi setting.
>>
>>337863632
That's as good as it gets.

Try not holing up and using cheesy tactics like danger rooms next time, then get !!creative!!.
>>
Game's much better when you mod the shit out of it.

>Colony's doing well
>Suddenly swarm of Mechanoids that maul anything in the dark
>Everyone's inside
>Batteries can hold out fine
>Turrets blasting away all night
>Forget to turn off artillery cannons
>They blast open my battery room by mistake
>Power's gone
>Can't see shit
>Hear fighting and alerts all through the night
>Only man standing was the one who stood near the fire from his Flamethrower.

And that's when I learned having multiple battery rooms is a much better idea.
>>
>>337863632
I have a hard time playing this game because the invasions just start getting retardedly huge in no time.

What do you even do for defense? The game just throws more invaders at you for every turret you build so it's a wash anyway. That's if they didn't get blown up in about 4 seconds.
>>
>>337865759
Mortars.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.