[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we have a metroidvania thread?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: valdisstory.png.jpg (130 KB, 268x268) Image search: [Google]
valdisstory.png.jpg
130 KB, 268x268
Can we have a metroidvania thread?
>>
>>337863461
No.
>>
>>337863461
No
>>
>>337863461
is that game good? i played outland and ori and child of light kinda of in a mood for games similar
>>
>>337864232
Yeah it's pretty solid.
>>
File: Shadow-Complex-Remastered.jpg (395 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Shadow-Complex-Remastered.jpg
395 KB, 1920x1080
Is this worth buying?
>>
>>337864853
I've actually been playing this and I would say no not really
it's really boring, the story and cutscenes are extremely shitty, the upgrades are bland as shit, and it has this god awful 2.5d perspective where you have to shoot enemies in the "background" and you are basically at the mercy of the aiming system and if it decides to aim at them
the bosses are also a fucking joke but I've only been through 2 of them
>>
Hey, a Metroidvania thread may be a good place for this. I have U.S. codes for Shantae and the Pirate's Curse on 3DS and Wii U. I already finished the game though. I was looking at these suggested Metroidvanias on Steam and figured I could try trading. Anyone want to trade me one of these for a code?

Axiom Verge
Rabi-Ribi
Valdis Story: Abyssal City
Guacamelee: STCE!
Environmental Station Alpha
Ori and the Blind Forest
Bunny Must Die

I don't know the pricing of these, but I don't want to rip anyone off. I think Shantae is $15?
>>
File: mistik belle.jpg (301 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
mistik belle.jpg
301 KB, 1024x576
Underrated as fuck
>>
>>337866503
Helps to spell the title in the filename right.

Either way I'm intrigued by the little witch girl, but what's with this hybrid point-click thing?
>>
>>337866752
>hybrid point-click thing

There's nothing like that in the game
>>
>>337866885
>"A lighthearted hybrid of a point-and-click adventure and a metroidvania platformer"

Not according to the Devs.
>>
Environmental Station Alpha and Momodora Reverie were really good, especially ESA. Momodora had too many little things that annoyed me, like how much hitstop there is on your attack, how needlessly tanky the enemies are and the really easy bosses. ESA had its own share of problems, even some game breaking ones if you really go balls deep with exploration and manage to trap yourself by sequence breaking, but I found it to be much more enjoyable overall especially because all the boss fights were good to great.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.