[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is splitscreen gaming dead?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
Is splitscreen gaming dead?
>>
Now that we all have widescreen TVs, wouldn't it make more sense to split the screen vertically instead?
>>
No.
>>
I don't get the ''it would take double the processing'' meme, I wanted to buy Driveclub a few days ago but I learn that there is no split screen....WHY?! I mean for fuck sake is it only a matter of time until they remove it from fighting games? And no, it doesn't take double processing since it renders at half the screen hight, plus, I honestly wouldn't mind a few downgrades just to be able to play with friends.
>>
It's only dead to yoy if you don't have friends to hang out with, like always
>>
>>337855919
Yes and no. I would still prefer a wide view while gaming. Even if you split the screen in half, It's too tall.
>>
Ironically, Call of Duty is one of the only games currently pushing for splitscreen.
Blops 3 has splitscreen in every mode.
>>
I played some nazi zombies at my friends house the other day
>>
>>337855919
this so much
>>
>>337856210
The dumb part isn't that it takes more power, it's that that was still the case back in the old days when everyone managed to provide split-screen regardless.
>>
>>337855919
Depends on the game. The less verticality the more fitting vertically stacked splits are. So it goes well with modern FPS and racing games.
>>
>>337855919
Vertical still looks like shit
>>
File: 1451174241902.png (197 KB, 522x522) Image search: [Google]
1451174241902.png
197 KB, 522x522
>>337855836
Hopefully.

I sincerely hope there is nobody in this board who unironically enjoys splitscreen anything. It's hard to focus on, very choppy and generally really uncomfortable. It's just a complete mess and I'm glad it's phasing out of the next generation of coop games.
>>
>>337856210
It does take more power as you need to change the rander target, reset the camera and world rotation.
Now, it doesn't take anywhere near double the processing, it's just that most games today use tons of cheap tricks to hide flaws don't work well with 2 cameras(such as texture streaming)
>>
I only play on console because of the split screen. Damn shame no modern game has it anymore
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.