[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>WAH WAH IT'S A MOVIE Why is it okay when Kojima does it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7
>WAH WAH IT'S A MOVIE

Why is it okay when Kojima does it?
>>
It isn't. MGS 4 is a piece of shit and anyone who honestly believes it's better than any other Metal Gear Solid game, or even anything approaching quality, should fuck off immediately.
>>
It's only bad when sony does it.
>>
Because dumb weebs
>>
>>337838932
this
>>
>>337838824
I like MGS4
>>
The difference is that once that cutscenes in MGS end, the gameplay begins. But in TLoU and Uncharted 4, cutscenes transition into forced walking sections where the characters continue talking. Just glorified cutscenes. Not to mention that you can't skip those.
>>
I wish people here would actually try playing the game before crying about it being a movie. First, because it's not, and second, there are way bigger actual gameplay problems with the game which are much more worth complaining about.
>>
File: 1462893584544.png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1462893584544.png
4 MB, 1920x1080
lol
>>
File: 1462994082055.png (1 MB, 1896x912) Image search: [Google]
1462994082055.png
1 MB, 1896x912
>>337839598
lol
>>
>>337839149
To be fair Uncharted and TLoU have plenty of gameplay sections between the cutscenes. Also it's never as bad as MGS 4, I never felt too annoyed by these games as I did with MGS4, also those walking sections are usually for character development and you get look around for shit and enjoy the vistas.
>>
he did it before it was popular
>>
File: 1461504980533.gif (866 KB, 352x224) Image search: [Google]
1461504980533.gif
866 KB, 352x224
>uncharted 4 will sell millions
>star fox zero, aka true gamer GOTY, will sell like 200k LTD

KILL ME NOW
>>
MGSV has some of the best gameplay of any modern game. Everyone agrees on that.
>>
So I've never played Uncharted, do I need to play the previous games to enjoy the new one? Does it get a decent frame rate? Is the game play actually good? Help me /v/, am I going to throw my shekels at this game or should I get something else? I'm a bit bored after 250 hours in DaS3.
>>
The problem I find with the Uncharted games is the lack of any reason to replay it. It's a one and done type of game, and the hype heavily outweighs the product.
>>
>>337839974
Are you seriously saying Star Fox Zero is better than Uncharted 4?
>>
>>337838824
because occasionally the cut scenes would stop and you would play a very good game.
>>
>>337838824
uncharted series was the greatest movie franchise i've ever played. kojima's got nothin on this b grade flick series
>>
>>337840149
>do I need to play the previous games to enjoy the new one?

Yes.

>Does it get a decent frame rate?

30fps with barely any drops.

>Is the game play actually good?

It's fairly simple but great. Being able to climb shit and swing like Tarzan makes it a lot more fun than regular TPS.
>>
>>337840018
>MGSV has some of the best gameplay of any modern game. Everyone agrees on that.

lol
You mean poorly balanced (you can break the game in countles ways) with dogshit AI?
>>
>>337838824
Because MGS still embraces it's medium and is very video-gamey
>>
>>337840231

of course, because it's true

95% of uncharted 4 reviews are paid, you can see the one true review at the bottom

star fox zero on the other hand is a victim of the persecution against based nintendo that a lot of publications have right now
>>
>>337840149
They make lots of dank references to his past adventures yeah. Game has that "wild times are over time to settle down" vibe.

You should get the Uncharted collection, the games have been improved in all the right ways from the PS3 versions (notably visually and 3's controlls) and its a good 30 hours of fun.
>>
>>337840167
>The problem I find with the Uncharted games is the lack of any reason to replay it. It's a one and done type of game, and the hype heavily outweighs the product.

Good thing the series has great MP then.
>>
>>337838824
Because his movies are also games
>>
>metal gear games don't have gameplay meme
The only MGS that is arguably a movie is MGS4.

Uncharted's gameplay is bland all throughout the series and the story/characters are the only thing keeping it going
>>
>>337840691
>Uncharted's gameplay is bland all throughout the series and the story/characters are the only thing keeping it going

you just described Metal Gear
>>
>>337840374
>>337840513
Great to know, I'll pick up the collection and give it a go. Thanks for actual non troll responses /v/.
>>
>>337840149
i think you'd be fine with just a little plot summary of the previous games. it's very character based so it would help to get to know the characters beforehand by playing the previous games, but it's probably not necessary.
framerate is 30 fps at 1080p in singleplayer with maybe a few infrequent drops. multiplayer is 60 fps at 900p.
this is just my general knowledge of it though, i haven't played 4 yet myself. if i were to judge the goodness of previous games, i would say that they can be really fun but have some problems which may have been rectified in uc4. the shootout parts of the games are mostly very discrete because of the structure of the game. that is to say little consequences from them don't reach out any further than within themselves. with it having regenerating health and being fairly simple as far as third person shooters go, to make the challenge adequate can mean making a given encounter annoyingly difficult.
but the games are fun nonetheless and give that grand adventure feeling really well.
>>
>>337840802

The only character I really remember anything about in Uncharted is Sully, and that's because he says "goddammit" every other sentence. Gotta be edgy so the kids won't get bored.
>>
>>337840258
This
>>
>>337839149
>forced walking sections where the characters continue talking. Just glorified cutscenes. Not to mention that you can't skip those.
Yet it's perfectly fine when Half Life does it.
>>
>>337839731
But you can skip mgs4 cutscenes.
>>
File: 123456712378.jpg (26 KB, 535x377) Image search: [Google]
123456712378.jpg
26 KB, 535x377
Because /v/ is full of weeaboos who would eat shit if the asshole it came out of was Japanese
>>
>>337838824
It's more than just the cutscenes. Its the presentation. it feels like a movie because everything is so seamless. Nate punches out a guy and instantly picks up the weapon he drops. Or he shoots a guy running towards him and the body actually maintains its forward momentum. or Nate punches out a guy differently based on the environment. Or how he gets choked and his partner runs up to help him. It's just so seamless that if you took out button prompts, you could tel someone they were watching a movie and they'd believe you. Its a level of presentation that's unlike any other game.
>>
>>337838824
MGS has a clear distinction between its cutscenes and its gameplay. Spinning/floating item pickups, boss healthbars, "Z Z Z" or little stars appearing over sleeping/unconscious enemies, etc. MGS feels very much like a game during its gameplay sections.

Uncharted/TLoU has no such distinction. When it's not a cutscene, you're walking behind someone while they dump a load of exposition. Until the chest-high walls appear and you know you're about to enter a stealth/combat section.
>>
>>337839128
Me too
>>
>>337840540
>collectibles
>cheats to unlock
>harder difficulty
>multiplayer
yeah, how about nah, you don't know shit.
>>
>>337841635
>/v/ is full of weeaboos
Perhaps 6 years ago. Now half of it is just normalfags.
>>
>>337841870
>Uncharted/TLoU has no such distinction

Anon, you should probably play the games before talking shit.
>>
>>337841365
Interspersed by nothing but gameplay for hours.
>>
>>337841870
that's still a distinction. if the chest high walls consistently tell you there's a gameplay section then that's the game's design language. it's just as explicit and conventional as MGS's.
>>
>>337838824
because Kojima's movies are better. You fucking retard.
>>
>>337840479
I think uncharted is pretty shit in general but you are still a retard
>>
>>337841798
it has button prompts?
>>
>>337842341
kill yourself
>>
>>337841958
imo
those collectibles aren't fun to collect at all. the difficulty of the game isn't very interesting either, its gameplay doesn't really lend itself to higher difficulties.
for me i really wouldn't replay the games. maybe individual parts i thought were fun.
>>
Because the gameplay in MGS is actually good.

And the story's way more enjoyable.
>>
>>337838824
I wish MGS V had more cutscenes desu.
>>
>>337842859
>MGSV
>Story
>>
>>337842928
Tell me where I typed out MGSV in my post you motherfucker.

Tell me.

Read my fucking post and fucking TELL ME WHERE I WROTE FUCKING MGSV YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF HUMAN FUCKING TRASH.

Fuck. Go dig a hole and fucking shoot yourself you retarded piece of excrement. Fucking waste of life.
>>
>>337840374
>Being able to climb shit and swing like Tarzan makes it

Assassin Creed do it better, Watchdog too, Prince of Persia too, Ryse of Tomb Raider do it too is nothing new the TPS.
Just the rope will be something new, I'm not sure if another game have it.
>>
>>337843503
You forgot your meds, anon.
>>
File: 1463083228108.png (72 KB, 540x409) Image search: [Google]
1463083228108.png
72 KB, 540x409
>>337843541
>>
>>337842445
you can turn off the entire HUD (even the reticule) in the regular pause menu options. No button prompts
>>
>>337842416
>replying to bait
>>
File: uncharted 4 pictures gameplay.webm (2 MB, 940x529) Image search: [Google]
uncharted 4 pictures gameplay.webm
2 MB, 940x529
when metal gear solid cutscene ends, pure gameplay begins

when naughty dog cutscenes end, moviegame gameplay begins.
>>
>>337838932
>your apinion
>valid

these kids
>>
It wasn't, MGS4 is the worst game in its series and just one of the worst in general in recent memory
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.