[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's /v/'s opinion on Pokken tournament making the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Meh line up.jpg (98 KB, 1024x608) Image search: [Google]
Meh line up.jpg
98 KB, 1024x608
What's /v/'s opinion on Pokken tournament making the evo lineup? Is it competitive enough to be played on such a large stage?
Also
>evo general
what games are you hyped for? which don't matter and who are your picks for winning.
Hyped for:
>melee
>tekken
>mkx
Don't got any picks but I bet Armada takes melee.
>>
It's competitive enough, but there's no doubt nintendo bought it's spot regardless.
>>
File: Alisa.png (989 KB, 600x1067) Image search: [Google]
Alisa.png
989 KB, 600x1067
I tried watching some matches but ehhh i don't see the appeal. All i want to see is Tekken.
>>
>>337828647
Has there been any decent tournaments yet? I know jack shit other than you play pokemon. I wanna get a good feel for high level play to see if it's worth a watch
>>
>>337828545
of course its competitive - there's jumping and 3 moves with directional variant which gives enough variants for a really deep move pool just like PSASBR had
>>
>>337828545
Where is KOF
Why is Melee still on the main floor
>>
>>337829154
Honestly I'd rather see 4 or Pokken dropped in favor for KoF, hell it would even better than KI imo. I enjoy melee, it's fast paced, I get the mechanics well, lots of upsets and the commentary is competent. With 4 and the other games I find it very dull to watch, and some matches griind to a halt.
>>
Someone better make a 3D fighter for next evo, just make Virtua Fighter 6. Or another DoA, ill even taking fucking DoA!
>>
>>337829154
As a melee fan and competitor:
Game is fast paced and hype in general.
If you start to understand a little more in depth it gets WAY more entertaining and stunning to watch.

I do think it could be confusing/unappealing to people who are not players or have no idea what the hell is going on.

Commentary sometimes is good and I've seen some really shitty ones too, it's getting more professional tho.

Tbh I think it deserves the spot, the curve and meta are still being pushed, shit's insane.
>>
>>337829154

>KoF

Americans don't care about this game
>>
>>337829154
Poor kofags
>>
>>337828545
Hyped as fuck for pokken

Might watch KI and smash
>>
>>337828545
I guess I'll watch melee, gg, and tekken. Maybe sfv. Mortal kombat, killer instinct, mvc, and pokken are shit. Since they're willing to have melee, I'd like to see kof98, vf4evo, sfiit, and other good games rather than just new garbage.
>>
>>337830567
How strong even is the Pokken community?
I feel like the game is to recent and lacks the wow factor of other fighters but I don't really platy or watch it. I just wished it didn't take up a spot of another game for evo. I miss SC the most but theres no hype behind SC anymore. Hope we get a 6th one soon.
>>
>>337828545
I'll watch Smash for sure, might also try to catch some Guilty Gear and Street Fighter.
>>
Rip Thread.
>>
>>337830964
Its quite dedicated despite its surprisingly small fanbase. Matches can range from zoning snore fests to absolutely hype as fuck grand finales depending on the players and characters, the game itself is very varied since every character and assist (except pachirisu) is viable in some way.
>>
>>337829154
>Why is Melee still on the main floor
You need to be 18+ to post here
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.