[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Those who actually succeed in life, they just happen to be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 253
Thread images: 34
File: Adachi.png (209 KB, 554x838) Image search: [Google]
Adachi.png
209 KB, 554x838
>Those who actually succeed in life, they just happen to be born with a magic ticket called talent.
Was he right?
>>
>>337823697
Kind of.
>>
>>337823697
Yes, John Rawls argued this in his literature as well. Along with several other political philosophers.
>>
>>337823697
Just a little. People can get through in life with hard work.
>>
No, considering the ridiculous ammount of wealthy people who were born rich in a rich family and have risen to the top because of their connections, it is laughable to even consider this statement to be half true .

The fact Thar there are people Full of talent who are rating their shoes Just reinforce the bullshit. Hr's Just a salty little bitch who's pas he's a bitch.
>>
Money's more important than talent.

Money can buy talent.
>>
>>337823697
One of the major themes in the game is that "success" isn't really important at all.

The IT does a ton of important world-saving shit that nobody will ever know about, they're still just weird teenagers by the end of it all.

Yu's arguably one of those lucky few born with talent, but his power comes from the people around him, it comes from listening to the sweet old lady on the riverbank, helping a kid with his homework, putting up with the school's demanding alpha bitch so he can finally get through and be a real friend to her. The other members of the IT are the same way, Yosuke helps his friends even when they treat him like shit, Teddie decides to trust and help out strange humans and they give him a home in return, Yukiko allows herself to become dependent on others and becomes more self-reliant as a result, etc.

Power comes through helping others. Isolation leads to self-destruction, like with Namatame, who had nobody to turn to when he started figuring shit out.
>>
Adachi is an entitled manchild. That's the entire point of his character. He fucked up at something, got punished for it, and lashed out at the world because he couldn't man up and admit he was wrong. After that, he got even worse after a couple of women he barely knew shockingly didn't give in to his advances.

He's basically 4chan personified, which is why he gets so much sympathy here but not very much elsewhere.
>>
>>337823697
Opportunity is generally better
>>
>>337824384
There are also plenty of talented people who don't make it because they don't bother to work for it.
>>
File: 1462834208837.png (167 KB, 415x289) Image search: [Google]
1462834208837.png
167 KB, 415x289
Absolute right, if you aren't born with talent you will never gonna to sccess
>>
>>337823920
Didn't think someone would mention John Rawls on fucking /v/ someday.
>>
>>337823697

That's basically a lazy cop-out excuse as to why he's such a fucking loser. Rather than try to better himself and work at his shortcomings, such as being a fucking loser, Adachi would rather bitch and moan about how it's not his fault he sucks, which is untrue. It's entirely his fault he's a fucking loser.

Besides, a much more apt concept that gives somebody a leg-up in life is money, not talent. There are plenty of talented people who have to scrape by in life while otherwise useless people become entirely successful based solely on daddy's hedge fund.
>>
>>337823697
Nope. Hard work was, is and always will be more important or your parents being famous/rich/influential etc.
>>
>>337823697
Not right at all. Look at youtube.
>>
>>337824384

What if they were born with the talent to work hard?
>>
Yes.
He is right.
>>
>>337823697
Pretty much everything in life is luck-based, anyway.
>>
>>337825502

This. Just look at almost all great artists like Poe or Van Gogh. All were talented and intelligent, but still failed at life and died poor and miserable.

>inb4 contrarians saying that Van Gogh and Poe were hacks
>>
>>337825502
But he did try. And worked hard during school, yet he is sent to that town, whichever the name was cause I forgot.
>>
>>337823697
Nah, you can learn to be decent at just about anything, and, in most contexts, you don't have to go past that level of mediocrity. You just have to keep at it and work hard. Most people would consider that successful. Talent can speed up that process and certainly allows for greater levels of achievement, but it isn't necessary to do well.
>>
>>337823697
Nah, he's fucking dumb.

The only magic ticket anybody gets is "haha my parents are rich/influential/important"
>>
>>337824716
This. I was the most academically talented little motherfucker as a kid and now I post on /v/
>>
File: i will remind them.jpg (87 KB, 816x638) Image search: [Google]
i will remind them.jpg
87 KB, 816x638
Yes. Sure, you might get through life by busting your ass off, but if you ever want to truly reach the pinnacle of your life, or be actually successful, you need both talent and hard work. And if you have zero talent for something, no matter how much you put into it, you'll never be where you want to be, and anyone with talent can overtake you any second.

It's true that the power of teamwork and cooperation can be more vital than individual talent, as in many sports, but even that only takes you so far, and only to certain places. And for the friendless autists like me, you're in a rougher spot to begin with.
>>
File: 1296376178712.jpg (14 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1296376178712.jpg
14 KB, 200x200
>>337823697
Pretty much.
It's strange to see someone spend a ton more time trying to git gud and are still worse than me. Some shit is just natural I guess.
>>
>>337823697
if Adachi wasn't a cowardly moron he could have gotten filthy rich from selling the weird artifacts shadows drop, without breaking a single law.
>>
>>337823697
yeS.
>>
He was wrong and a murderer.

/v/ showing its under age again by saying Money is the best thing in life.
>>
>>337823697
in a way, yes.
>>
>>337826321
Gimme all your money. I will be miserable and you will be happier.
>>
File: 7f0.gif (552 KB, 498x250) Image search: [Google]
7f0.gif
552 KB, 498x250
I'll just ignore the quote and get to the question.

>Was he right?

About real life?
Uhh, he's a little bit of a manchild who can't get over his narcissism.

About the game?
Definitely.

He's an ordinary man trapped in an anime harem game and he can't endure the fact that he isn't the protagonist, even though he has the same predispositions.

He's supposed to make the player uncomfortable by showing the contrast between him and Yu. That's why he's probably the best character in P4 and definitely my favorite, even though I'm not a big fan of muh edge murderers.

Also this >>337824604
>He's basically 4chan personified, which is why he gets so much sympathy here but not very much elsewhere.

That's right, he's supposed to be a loser who could've achieved something.
>>
>>337824603
Good post
>>
>>337823697
Even with talent, you can't succeed in life if you don't have either luck or hard work
>>
>>337826321
Filtered, tripfag.
>>
>>337823697
Being born with a knack for social networking is pretty much being set for life.

It doesn't matter how good you are or try to be at what you do, a person that was born with the right amount of charisma will always be more successful than you.

Adachi would be right, but then he went retarded and tried to, for some reason rape two women. And then killed them.

Also, I love how scared the developers got of his popularity with the fanbase. They made him to be everything they felt was the most wrong and pathetic as far as human rationalization goes, and then a sizeable part of the fanbase went "Well, he's half right". And they had to give him a S.Link in Golden, and made him a playable character in Ultimax.
>>
>it's an edgy twenty-somethings going nowhere in life agree with the edgy twenty-something villain who went nowhere in life episode

not judging, it just amuses me
>>
File: 1462660707912.gif (1005 KB, 444x272) Image search: [Google]
1462660707912.gif
1005 KB, 444x272
>>337826126
This, Adachi was a weirdo self-loathing loner loser, no wonder most of /v/ can associate with him
>>
Luck, opportunity, and hardwork.
You need more of the first two
>>
>>337826321
Dumbass.
>>
>>337823697
maintaing that talent is hardwork still
>>
>>337827053
Those are the vast majority though. Just look at the amount of people that go to college, get a degree, and then proceed to never find the job they worked their entire life for, and settle for a shitty job that gets the bills paid.
>>
No, he was just a bitter faggot like most of us.

"Talent" is just a modifier for how quickly you acquire skill.

Most of the time, people just confuse it for passion anyway.

I'm not gonna be one of those fucker saying "hurr anything is possibul" but skill is just natural aptitude multiplied by time

Nobody has zero aptitude at anything unless they're entirely physically incapable of it (i.e. retarded or paraplegic).
>>
Who here thought it would have been cool if Adatchi had killed Dojimas wife?

Accidentally, of course, but hid it.
>>
>>337826321
But he didn't murder anyone

The victim's shadow did
>>
>>337825185
there maybe hope for /v/ after all
>>
>>337827018
>tripfag

This is the 4chan we live in.

>Oh! Look! One of those attention whoring tripfags!
>Damn I don't like those attention whoring tripfags!
>I know! I'll give attention to the attention whore, this will surely make them see the error of their ways!
>I even have a copypasta somebody else did to post!
>These attention seeking tripfags have NEVER been told they're tripfags!
>In fact, I'm 100% sure this attention seeking tripfag has NEVER been told he is tripfagging and going against my super sekret klub rules!
>If I tell him this, he'll totally drop the tripcode!
>I'm making the board a better place by moaning about tripfags, giving them attention and shitting up the thread with copypasta!
>Oh oh oh! Also I don't have enough braincells to realise that as soon as tripfags take off their trip, they are considered 'fine' and 'good posters' and if they shitpost, that's cool, cause they're anon!
>But wait, I am so fucking stupid, I don't realise tripfagging shitposters can be filtered, while anon shitposters can't!
>By demanding the attention seeker stops seeking attention, I am making the board worse as people who filter him now have to suffer his stuff due to him simply dropping the tag!
>I am a good poster. I am making the website a better place.
>t. Officer of 4chan; prospective janitor; Moderator hopeful!
>>
>>337827154

While yes, you're technically right...It's hardwork that makes your luck and opportunity actually work for you.

Very few people in this world become successful on just luck or opportunity.
>>
>>337825847
>This. Just look at almost all great artists like Poe or Van Gogh
they don't wanted to be rich
>>
>>337827460
If he'll be filtered by enough people to make /v/ freeze for him he'll definitely drop it.
>>
I hate how in P4

>Having friends = You're good
>Being alone = You'll fuck up
>>
That's literally true for no one. Everyone who succeeded in something put over 10 000 hours in it
>>
>ITT:normalfags and edgelords
wew lads
>>
>>337827652
But it isn't a fucking trip.
>>
The thing is I would consider Adachi to be fairly successful besides the whole murder stuff. He has an exciting, stable, presumably decent-paying job and a place to stay. If he learned to move on when women rejected him he would have been able to find a wife and possibly start a family. The only reason he thinks he's a victim is because he chooses to do so.
>>
>>337824593
Hire*
FTFY
>>
I would say connections are more important. I have talent, I put in work, but it doesn't mean shit if no one knows who you are.

As far as careers go, friends get friends jobs, and if you have no friends, you're at a serious disadvantage. I spent my college years working rather than socializing, and I'm paying for it.
>>
>>337827046
Why do you say people are "born" with charisma? Why don't you view it as a skill that can be trained and improved, like anything else?

Sure, some people have natural talent for social networking, there will always be people that have natural talent for whatever activity you can think of. But if that's not your case, why waste time thinking about it? You can't change the fact that you wern't born a social butterfly, you can change the fact, however, that you're not a social butterfly right now.
>>
>>337824384
Can get through but they will never become the elite, the top of the cream. It requires luck, hard work and talent.
>>
>>337827792
This.

The guy fucked up his job and was lucky enough to get a second chance as a detective in the most peaceful town in the world. And then he fucks up again.

The whole "I don't have talent so I'm doomed to fail" is bullshit because he and Namatame got the exact same power as Yu, but he squandered it on self-pity and petty revenge. It doesn't get more clear-cut than that. Adachi a shit.
>>
>>337827325
you're right. Your post seems completely out of place for a place like /v/.
>>
>>337827968
Being able to make friends is a talent itself.
>>
>>337823697
I'd say it's more about knowing the right people/being in the right place at the right time. Also, charisma outgoes any talent for success.
>>
>>337826080

Not true, the pinnacle of your life is modesty. If you can't climb the highest mountain, climb the tallest that you can.
Living under the Weight of your short comings, forever envying what you don't have is a mistake.
>>
File: z_b14c21d8.jpg (118 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
z_b14c21d8.jpg
118 KB, 1280x853
>that feel when the lack of a cute girlfriend is slowly killing you
>>
>>337827685
That's generally true tho. I'm not really sociable myself but having someone to depend on can go a long way.
>>
>>337828450
No, its a skill that anyone can learn. A talent would be for example to be very good at making new friends fast.
>>
>>337824603
But anon, the quote is about success. If you are born in a third world country the chances of becoming rich and powerful are already way less.

If you look at the investigation team, they are all pretty lucky teenagers. Yu is almost the definition of Chad. Dependent on how you play him, he easily connects with others, people love him and he has good looks.

Yukiko is the same, she is a popular beautiful girl from the local Inn. Chie is friends with the popular beautiful one. Rise is litterally an idol while naoto is a prodigy detective. The only guy who could complain was kanji who was seen as some biker fag and arguably yusuke who was seen as the outsider (even though it is suggested that they are pretty well-off)

None of them had any serious problem nor were they fucked up by fate.(e.g born ugly, handicapped, talentless)
>>
>>337825502
But anon, sometimes you will discover that no matter how hard you work you won't get success. Ask those kids dieing from cancer if you don't believe.
>>
>>337824603
What are you talking about? Literally every single character has a talent/copes with his/her flaws.

>Yu
Good at literally everything, everyone sucks his cock, ultimate alpha male
>>
>>337828095
If you are ugly you can train your butt off but no amount of charisma will overcome that hideous sight. The reverse holds for beautiful people.
>>
>>337826080
>And if you have zero talent for something, no matter how much you put into it, you'll never be where you want to be, and anyone with talent can overtake you any second.

This. Anyone who disagrees actually has potential.

Cherish it.
>>
>>337829067

If you are talking about Mitsuo, he is a creepy cunt who instead of accepting that he was hiding behind his infant like denial chose to keep denying that. Adachi has talent but he didn't share it with others, instead he blames the faults for others while hogging what precious moments of fame for himself.
>>
>>337827460
>he got this mad and wrote all of this out
wow
>>
The only thing that actually matters is FACE, FRAME and HEIGHT.
>>
File: 1453087198684.jpg (74 KB, 839x602) Image search: [Google]
1453087198684.jpg
74 KB, 839x602
>>337827018
>>337827195
sorry the truth hurts anon.
>>337827652
>doesn't even know what a trip is.
>>
>>337829525

Look at Ebihara, chubby and looked horrible. She got fit, started looking at stuff on how to be presentable and show high status symptoms. If you can work on making your look approachable and likable.

Even someone with natural good looks can be brushed off as an unlikable cunt in public
>>
>>337829067
Yu's parents don't give two shits about him. Yosuke has adults telling him he's shit every day because his dad works for Wal-Mart. Chie is ignored by everyone except boys who use her to get to Yukiko. Yukiko has shit social skills, is going to inherit an inn she has no idea how to manage, and the only time people pay her attention is because they want to fuck her or because someone got killed at her inn. Kanji has fucked up issues with masculinity and sexuality, is labelled a hoodlum, and gets harassed by the police for talking to a kid for five seconds. Rise gave up her entire life to try and get some peace and time to herself, and is regularly guilt-tripped by her manager and fans into going back to her soul-sucking life that was causing her insane emotional distress. Naoto forced herself to live up to her family's reputation by changing into completely different person and sacrificing her childhood.

They're all fucked-up. If that's what 'talent' does, it's not nice. If Rise kept forcing herself to use her talent, to achieve success, she'd likely end up dead, either killing herself or at the hands of some creep like Mitsuo or Adachi. But all people like Adachi see is the glamorous lifestyle. They just want the luxury without any strings attached, and when they get any power they abuse it in the most destructive ways. Mitsuo kills someone for attention, he's willing to spend his entire life in jail in exchange for a bit of fame and notoriety. Is that success? Or is it success to make friends who understand you and care about you? To make a family? To live a simple life in the country?
>>
>>337830541
Of course he was wrong and a murderer, but you don't need to tell me that you dumb little attention cunt
>>
>>337827380
>there maybe

and with that the flame was snuffed out as quickly as it was lit
>>
>>337830659
>attention
>being this triggered by a petty name.

I would laugh but its just sad at this point.

pathetic desu.
>>
>>337830645
What's your point? Success, whatever it is to you requires sacrifice, But it is heavily dependent on factors out of your control. That is what Adachi meant.

Let's say your definition of success is to make a family, have kids and loving wife but you are born with fucked up genes and will die to a genetic disease. Ok well shit! I guess I will just work hard to get that family right?

Or let's say your definition of success is becoming a NEET for life. Well tough luck son, you were born in africa where they don't have wellfare.

Last but not least, let's say you want to become famous, like a professional football player or whatever. If you are talentless you can train all you want but that kid who has talend AND works hard will beat you anytime anyday.,
>>
Didn't spoiler>izanami<spoiler specifically make it so that people would be attracted to yu?
>>
>>337823697
To an extent. If you're not born with innate talent, you need to be born with an extremely focused work ethic. If you didn't get those tickets, you post on 4chan.
>>
I tend to think of talent as a multipliers,those with talent can put in less work but still get better results than someone who put in more work than they did.If a talent person puts in more work than anyone else the result is bigger than anyone without talent with the same caliber of work,however at mastery lvls that tends to plateau as people reach their limits and at that point it's who ever breaks that limit,talent or not.
>>
>>337830576
Just google ugliest girl/guy and tell me these guys can make themselves approachable and likable.

It's a JRPG, off course it will have the tale that with hard work or the power of friendship you can become anything you want.
>>
>>337831754
She just gave him the wild card, people being attracted to Yu is just part of his mary sue faggotry.
>>
>>337831754
No she just gave you a persona just like the one she gave Adachi and Namatame. Philemon also gave Yu the wild card though.
>>
>>337831704
lets say you want to be president of the united states then find out you were born in another country and that your family are imaigrants.
>>
>>337828881
You're a fucking moron.
>>
>>337830508
/thread
>>
>>337826096
but why taven
>>
>>337831920
Its not just the game being an jrpg. All media tends to be like this where only certain morals and beliefs are shown and the opposite isn't. Makes me appreciate media that does.
>>
Circumstances of your birth is the deciding factor in life. For the most part, at least.
>>
>>337832083
You, keep believing the american dream. I hope you will wildly chase your dreams and make them come true anon. Maybe you are the lucky one out of thousands who didn't make it,
>>
>>337829463
>>Yu
>Good at literally everything, everyone sucks his cock, ultimate alpha male
no. You made him the ultimate alpha male because you actually put effort in giving love to those waifus and studying.
If everyone gave that effort to whatever you put your mind to, you could be the ultimate alpha male too.
>>
>>337828394
That's because /r9k/ still refuses to leave
>>
>>337833062
>da /r9k/ boogeyman

If you weren't literally retarded, you'd realize that most of 4chan's userbase are virginal spergs.
>>
>>337831920
You're only making excuses for yourself, sad faggot.
>>
>>337833549
Why are you here?
>>
>>337833215
>This whole post

You're part of the issue, faggot. That was never the stereotype until /r9k/ exploded with feels shit. We said these things i r o n i c a l l y.
>>
>>337833608
For the same reason I've always been here, to mock little bitch boys like you who think they belong on /v/. This is not your autism safe space.
>>
>>337833769
No, "we" didn't. Fuck off back to whatever hellhole you usually frequent.
>>
>>337825889

He says he gets sent to the boonies because he fucked up in the city. Judging from his personality and actions, we can assume when he fucked up it wasn't just some misdemeanor either. So even if he did try in school, he's still a whiny man baby that doesn't like the fact he got punished for being a piece of shit.
>>
>>337833769
I remember when r9k was created. It was always full of beta faggots. Shit like the GBP and frogs where added later but it didn't actually change that much
>>
>>337833215
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>337833881
Do you realize how pathetic posting on /v/ is? If you were truly a native here, you would have more self-loathing.
>>
>>337823697
It helps but its mostly about sheer luck, aka meeting the right people and not pissing them off
>>
>>337834078
>>337834083
Just fucking go back to your hugboxes. 4chan is inherently depressive. That's why the whole site is so taboo.
>>
>>337834281
>4chan is inherently depressive. That's why the whole site is so taboo.
Oh my fucking god, these kiddos.
>>
>>337831704
That's SJW logic. "People have privilege that they're born with and they need to recognize how that privilege fucks up the world". Some people get unlucky. The Dojima family had their lives ruined because of a terrible accident. But instead of giving up on each other, they learned to appreciate their small family. Same with Naoki Konishi, and Kou, and Yosuke, and even Yu. They had a choice, a choice to complain about the hand they were dealt or to make the best of it. Sometimes that means you work harder than everyone else, sometimes it means you have step away from your glamorous lifestyle and rediscover who you are.

Everyone has unfair shit in their lives, and everyone has a shadow, a part of them that wants to take the easy path, complain about their lives, be lazy and cruel because the world was cruel to you. But that shouldn't hold you back. Your life being small or short or not what you wanted shouldn't be used as an excuse for not enjoying your life.
>>
>>337834412
I'm nearing 30, you absolute fucking retard.
>>
>>337829259

Having a terminal disease is not the same as being a self-pitying asshole. Adachi's problems are things that he himself causes, not an outside force that ends your life abruptly.
>>
>>337823697
There's no such thing as talent. You aren't born into the world to become an astronaut because of some bullshit fate or destiny garbage.
It's the series of events in your life that lead you to becoming an astronaut. If one or more of those events is different you may end up homeless or president. Who knows.

Talent is a buzzword for lazy people who are jealous at the ones who actually put work and effort in.
>>
>>337834676
Lmao you can't control the outcome of each of those events how the FUCK can you say people put work and effort in and got rewarded many times that doesn't happen at all everything lined up JUST perfectly for them to reach the top.
>>
>>337823697
Good looks and luck really help out with that.
>>
>>337834532
>But instead of giving up on each other, they learned to appreciate their small family. Same with Naoki Konishi, and Kou, and Yosuke, and even Yu.
I think sometimes people overrate the scale of Yu's actions and forget how small his impact was. The whole of P4 is contained in a small town in the middle of nowhere and even then Yu tried to save it whereas Adachi loathed the place. Though they both came from the city, Yu appreciated the opportunities he was given in a small town and that's the biggest difference between the two.
>>
>>337834676
You're literally retarded, or shitposting. IQ is a real thing, and it does limit your capabilities in life.
>>
>>337834676
I have a natural talent for programming. Literally picked up a programming code, and was able to code right off the bat. You're objectively wrong.
>>
>>337834853
Those events does not give that person 'talent'. That's opportunity. If a hobo was given that opportunity earlier in his life he would have reached the top instead, not because he was talented or destined to, but because the opportunity arose.
>>
We are all self-made, but only the successful will admit it
>>
Charisma is huge and can get you super hard in life. Charisma + hard work trumps talent any day of the week.
>>
>>337835095
>objectively
You just showed your hand. No normal person uses that word.
>>
>>337835036
>Someone taught in school who was brought up to pay attention will have a higher IQ than someone who either wasn't educated or didn't pay attention
Wow, your IQ must be off the charts.
>>
File: 1462145224997.jpg (63 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1462145224997.jpg
63 KB, 960x720
>>337835287
>No normal person uses that word.
Even if this was correct, do you think normality gives you power in this argument or even on this website?
>>
>>337835026
pretty much.

Really all the character development in SLinks happens on its own. Yu acts as the catalyst, but he's really more of an observer watching people grow and change. Temperance is a good example, the stepmother and son connect after the kid thinks Yu's being mean to her, but he didn't really do anything, he was just in the right place at the right time. He doesn't do any fancy speech to stop Ai from jumping, he just... stays there. He listens and offers a bit of encouragement to his friends. And that's all they need.
>>
>>337823697

They're born with wealth, connected to wealth, or not. Personally, I'd much rather hang with the common folk and work my way up.

That's been ruined for me. Thankfully, not the working my way up part.
>>
>>337835494
Yes, I do. This forum is a constant pissing contest of pretending to be the most 'normal' person. You can see this across the internet.
>>
File: 1425035814344.jpg (12 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1425035814344.jpg
12 KB, 250x250
>>337835641
>This forum is a constant pissing contest of pretending to be the most 'normal' person.
If you think people here honestly care and remember each time a faggot tries to be an internet warrior by talking big and posting pics of himself you're an actual fucking joke.
>>
>>337835641

What the absolute fuck are you talking about.
>>
>>337835745
You're strawmanning. That's not what I said at all. Get the fuck out of here, because you are not a native.
>>
>>337835848
literally just buzzwords what the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>337835812
Are you retarded?
>>
>>337835641
It's the literal opposite actually, thanks to 13 year olds and 'muh pepe maymay reeee normies lol'. It's like every poster turned into coldsteel the hedgeheg.
>>
>>337835960
>I can't answer a question im gonna call you names!!
truly a /v/edditor
>>
>>337835918
They're not. My words have meaning, and you're ignoring them.
>>
>>337835960

Are you?

For all its faults, 4chan still remains a pit of degeneracy after all these years.
>>
>>337836057
reddit has arrived
>>
>>337836000
This guy knows what's up. You invaders need to consume poison.
>>
ITT butthurt weeaboo communists
>>
>>337836153
Good argument.
>>
>>337836217
now this is buzzwords
>>
>>337836217
>communists
You retards can't even hide your agenda. It's pathetic.
>>
File: 1461024059210.png (7 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
1461024059210.png
7 KB, 420x420
This thread is literally SJW

>waah some people are more privileged than others
>it's not fair wahh

deal w/ it Xir
>>
>>337836409
easter?
>>
>>337836409
I'll let you in on a secret, my invader friend. Posting Pepe images are an immediate give away that you don't understand our culture.
>>
Yes but talent can only get you so far.
You need both hard work and talent to truly succeed.
>>
File: 1445214306486.jpg (474 KB, 1050x1415) Image search: [Google]
1445214306486.jpg
474 KB, 1050x1415
>>337823697
He was better off than Morooka or Mitsuo. Hell he was too much of a sociopath to even accept an old woman's kindness. Even Dojima invited him to his home, introduced him to his family and gave him food. Adatchi was too far up his world is shit ass that all he saw was shit.
>>
>>337833042
This so much. While there certainly is an element of luck to life, and circumstances can be stacked against you, if you are even a somewhat capable person you can succeed, it just takes an assload of effort.
>>
>>337836573
>Reddit false flag: the post
>>
>>337833042
People forget that Yu was too much of a pussy to ask for Chie's phone number at the beginning of the game.
>>
>>337837193

>Can be a cocky brat to Mr. Moron no problem
>Can't ask a classmate who has just introduced herself to you her fucking phone number
>>
>>337823697
Well, if we take a closer look, and see that the game's protagonist became the most popular guy in the town, and got ALL the pussy, then yes.
>>
>>337837101
Actually, it's the exact opposite. You Redditors are so fucking good at false-flaggging.
>>
File: 1462502159706.jpg (30 KB, 785x659) Image search: [Google]
1462502159706.jpg
30 KB, 785x659
>>337825961
>The only magic ticket anybody gets is "haha my parents are rich/influential/important"
>what is being gifted
>>
>>337827284
>go to college, get a degree, and then proceed to never find the job they worked their entire life for
if you get a degree in social sciences like psych/soc then you should know you're not getting a job in that field.
>>
>>337840886
Fucking LMAO. If you're not doing STEM, you're committing social suicide.
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 366x323) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 366x323
>>337823697
Talent X Effort = Results.
If you have a lot of Talent, you'll be ble to make do with minimal effort.
If you're not talented, you have to work hard.
It's not fair and it sucks for the talentless, but that's just the way it is.

He was absolutely right. If you have no Talent, you won't be able to amount to much unless you put in absurd amounts of effort.
I can make do with barely any studying and still get decent grades in uni, while I know some of my classmates spend 4+ hours preparing for each class and only perform marginally better than me.
>>
>>337834676
Are you seriously denying that people just aren't better at things than others? You can fucking see that just by looking at all the kids who start getting into sports at the same time, put in the same amount of effort, and only a few of them end up being more than mediocre.
>>
>>337832006
>>337832069
She says "Your friends were drawn to the spark I stirred within you", so yes, she's the only reason Yu had those friends.
>>
>>337841896
>sorry beta, you don't meet my quota
>get ready to live alone forever
>>
File: 1462513501219.jpg (28 KB, 350x335) Image search: [Google]
1462513501219.jpg
28 KB, 350x335
>>337833881
>mock little bitch boys like you who think they belong on /v/. This is not your autism safe space.
boy you sure showed him
>>
>>337842062
What are you implying?
>>
>>337842321
He's not a native. He's clearly from a website that ensures a safespace.
>>
>>337841970
The just world fallacy is a convenient way to ignore that life isn't some magical roundabout of fairness just because you put effort into something. For every success you hear about there's many that have failed.
>>
>>337842449
That good men fall into despair because women have unrealistic expectations.
>>
>needing human bonds
>when you can just befriend a Jack Frost
>>
>>337823697
Not just talent, your will plays a role in it too.
>>
>>337842735
And will is an inborn trait. Don't for a second pretend that isn't true.
>>
>>337834983
>good looks
I hate NY niggers
>>
>>337823697
He is right however talent is not the all means to be successfu.

His view of the world and society is right as well.

Adachi was different than the typical world destroyer villain god most RPG have, sadly P4 still followed that route in the end.
>>
File: 1463294338014.jpg (192 KB, 1280x1082) Image search: [Google]
1463294338014.jpg
192 KB, 1280x1082
>>337834676
>Talent is a buzzword
>>
>>337842852
That honest to god just sounds like something me from five years ago would have said, sitting at home to make myself feel better about being a lazy piece of shit that wakes up at or past noon and goes to sleep at four in the morning.

Willpower has little to do with your genetics, and more to do with how often you've exercised it.
>>
>>337843374
You're talking to either a troll, or an absolute retard. Don't waste your time.
>>
>>337843474
You're wrong. Willpower is almost exclusively a genetic matter. Certain peoples (such as niggers and Mexicans) simply aren't born with that moxie.
>>
>>337843791
>Willpower is almost exclusively a genetic matter
I literally manged to increase my willpower by watching anime.
>>
>>337843791
Sorry for taking him seriously, everyone. It's been a while since I've been on /v/ and I'm not as fine tuned to this sort of thing as I used to be.
>>
File: 1451398616059.jpg (20 KB, 372x444) Image search: [Google]
1451398616059.jpg
20 KB, 372x444
>>337835641
>This forum is a constant pissing contest of pretending to be the most 'normal' person.
>>
>>337835447
To completely disprove what you just said you only need to find one instance whence a man had a high IQ with no formal education. There are in fact many cases like this, therefore there's some in-born talent.
Also about paying attention in school. Einstein didn't pay attention in school, neither did Edison, I believe. Now, it doesn't mean they weren't gifted- Einstein mastered differential calculus in ninth grade.
Now, both cases don't fully disprove that education and paying attention has higher likelihood of higher value of IQ on average, though your primary point was about talent not existing at all.
>>
>>337843917
>I literally manged to increase my willpower by watching anime.
You're pathetic.

>>337843939
You're not from /v/. You're an invader that wants to divide us.
>>
File: paqPdgo.png (423 KB, 1057x611) Image search: [Google]
paqPdgo.png
423 KB, 1057x611
>>337836000
trips confirm
>>
>>337844123
>You're pathetic.
You sound jelly of my shounen protagonist tier willpower.
>>
File: 1455364387756.jpg (70 KB, 503x595) Image search: [Google]
1455364387756.jpg
70 KB, 503x595
>>337838849
>You Redditors are so fucking good at false-flaggging.
nigger they don't even rename their imgur reaction images, you serious?
>>
File: 1839894.png (245 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
1839894.png
245 KB, 500x376
>>337823697
He was right in everything.

Not everyone can be a winner.

Hell even Yosuke's Slink is about admiting he is a shit compared to Yuu.
>>
>>337844227
Good meme. Me likey.
>>
>>337825594
>he fell for the just world theory meme
>>
>Adachi gives his speech
>All they can do is say he's wrong without actually contesting what he's saying
>>
>>337844293
I was using sarcasm, you absolute fucking mongoloid.
>>
File: 1460943495953.jpg (9 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1460943495953.jpg
9 KB, 184x184
>>337843791
>Willpower is almost exclusively a genetic matter.
>>
>>337844552
Tell me how to obtain it then, I need it.
>>
>>337823697
In relation to the main character he was for sure.
This dude struggles and struggles, gets transferred to a shitty town where he's under used And mostly ignored.
MC comes to town within 5 mins got 6 people, a bear and a fox trying to fuck him.
>>
File: 1458734785833.jpg (286 KB, 592x790) Image search: [Google]
1458734785833.jpg
286 KB, 592x790
Jesus, this thread went downhill quick. I'm not sure who's being rused at this point.
>>
>>337842735
>he believes in free will
>>
>>337844552
Spotted the idiot that doesn't realize that whites aren't predisposed to ruling.
>>
>>337827685
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q456VYP3eU8
>>
File: 4095255781.jpg (41 KB, 247x311) Image search: [Google]
4095255781.jpg
41 KB, 247x311
>>337844452
They are confronting the man who pulled the strings all along, the one that killed 2 people, one of them being a girl one of the party members, had a crush on, the one who manipulated a counsil into kidnapping, and got almost everyone in the party killed, all of this by literally playing retarded.

They weren't there for discussing life struggles.
>>
>>337844452
To be fair, look how far that gets you on the internet. I see a lot of misguided or flat out wrong shit all the time but I don't try and correct them. I'm just a person with my own opinions.

If someone wants to sit down and talk over what we each think in a genuine way then I'm game, but if someone is just regurgitating their justifications and throwing it in my lap I don't feel inclined to share--and I don't think they'd care to listen to--my perspective.

And really when someone has gone and killed several people and trapped them in a television nightmare world, it doesn't really matter what you say unless you feel the need to stroke your moral superiority in their face.
>>
File: 1450487781965.jpg (49 KB, 672x492) Image search: [Google]
1450487781965.jpg
49 KB, 672x492
>this thread
>>
>>337825961
This.
Statistically speaking, how much your parents make is, by far, the most important factor in determining how much you will make. This is truer the more your parents make.
>>
>>337844656
How to you obtain gains?
>>
>instead of becoming a super cop with the ability to use personas, enter TVs , he whines and kills people
Least he used that power.
>>
It depends on how you define success. Being a loser with no friends, romance, and a below average job is something you can avoid even if you don't have talent. Adachi had every ability to become a better person, he chose not to out of deep seated resentment against the world.
>>
>>337828537
This. There is no motivation to do anything without friends or a girlfriend. Success requires people around you who can perceive that success.
>>
>>337831768
Aaaand now I'm depressed.
>>
>>337845451
No it doesn't. You don't need validation for that. Do what you do, even if it's not common and popular, or whatever, and keep going on in life. Aim to improve yourself.
>>
>>337845451
There are normies that haven't concluded this.
>>
>>337823697
God damn it VASH the Stampede! Stop speaking in philosophy!
>>
File: onlymantoevergetlaid.jpg (77 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
onlymantoevergetlaid.jpg
77 KB, 1280x720
>>337823697
>Those who actually succeed in life, they just happen to be born with a magic ticket called talent.

Define succeeding. For many people it's a great struggle just to live something resembling a normal life where they can sustain themselves and be happy.

Adachi failed and he was given the gift of Inaba. Through your social links and general interactions with people you knew that Inaba was a nice place full of great people. Adachi failed to let himself experience the joy of Inaba and tried to ruin the town like he ruined his career. He's just a big loser.

Imagine you're in Adachi's place. You're a detective in a small town where pretty much fucking nothing happens. You could enjoy your salary for doing nothing, hit up a desperate milf teacher, slam some broad with a kid, eat some bigass beef bowls, pretty much anything that would give someone joy in life. Or you could just be a huge faggot
>>
>>337845542
Just end the thread with my post.
>>
>>337825694
Working hard isn't a talent, it's what you do if you aren't a fucking lazy autistic faggot. It doesn't require skill, it requires the correct mindset.
>>
I think what ultimately matters is circumstances.
Even if you ARE super talented sometimes you just don't have the cards to play to win the hand.
>>
>>337845872
>Working hard isn't a talent
It is, trust me. A lot of people just don't have it in them to work hard.
>>
File: CL0vL3nW8AAmmMi.jpg (19 KB, 500x311) Image search: [Google]
CL0vL3nW8AAmmMi.jpg
19 KB, 500x311
>>337845720
JOHNNY YONG BOCH (the Black Power Ranger) Did the voice of Zero (Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3, Adachi *Persona 4 and its fighting/Spinoffs* and even Vash the Stampede from Trigun
Oh and the Main Character from Final fantasy 2
>>
>>337846220
He also did Nero from DMC4.
>>
Maybe talent is the wrong word, but he is right that the circumstance you're born into are the deciding factor for pretty much all of your life. There are children born to billionaire parents who will never have to work a day in their lives, and there are children living in mud huts in Africa born with aids. No prizes for guessing which of those will have more opportunity for self-improvement.
>>
>>337823697
talent is nothing compared to luck.
he was right about whores though.
>>
>>337823697
>Was he right?
at a novice level, yes.
Talent can only get you so far in life, you need to hone your skills to git gud
Honed skills > talent
>>
>>337824384
If they're willing to settle with mediocrity, which is 'success' for /v/, I guess. You have to be smarter and more fortunate if you want to aim higher.
>>
File: 1396054006342.png (389 KB, 463x702) Image search: [Google]
1396054006342.png
389 KB, 463x702
>>337823697
>If you don't have it you can either accept or deny that fact until you die, that's your only choice.

Literally this thread.
>>
>>337846360
>>337846220
Yet did you notice he sounds exactly alike in most of the games he did voices for?
>>
>>337846432
Luck is a talent, see
>>337825063
>>
>>337845753
>not just killing yourself in a town where no one knows you

Missed opportunity there.
>>
>>337846438
A person with talent would have an easier time understanding whatever they're talented at than someone starting from the beginning. It's possible for them to be lazy and end up falling behind yes, but on a norm to norm basis they'll always come out on top.
>>
>>337827634
Poe definitely wanted to be wealthy to support his wife
>>
>>337847027
Easier to win the race when your opponents are still figuring out how to walk.
>>
JOHNNY YONG BOSCH IS A TERRIBLE VOICE ACTOR FOR ADACHI.

THERE I SAID IT
>>
>>337845753
>You could enjoy your salary for doing nothing
I'm in that situation and it's not as fun as it sound
>>
>>337823697

Adachi was wrong about pretty much everything

No, Adachi, we do not live in a matriarchy
No, Adachi, obviously your lack of success can be - at least partially - attributed to your lack of effort
No, Adachi, you do not have a right to fucking murder people
>>
>>337845753
>being this much of a conformist
>>
File: Tell your friends.png (268 KB, 500x351) Image search: [Google]
Tell your friends.png
268 KB, 500x351
>>337827685
It would be a neat idea to having a Persona game that explores the idea of finding a line between having lots of friends that are acquaintances at best (or possibly bad friends) and knowing far less people due to not opening yourself up as much but the friendships you start are generally stronger. Like finding a social balance between quality and quantity.
>>
File: 1432708524741.jpg (1 MB, 1672x1672) Image search: [Google]
1432708524741.jpg
1 MB, 1672x1672
It's simply being superior. Other people have problems that I call "stupid people problems". My cousin is a great example. Here's a person who barely finished high school, has no long-term goals, didn't go to college, has large, visible tattoos and piercings all over her, has an especially unhealthy relationships going on over 2 years now, has an unhealthy weight, and works job to job.

The answer to all her clinically retarded situations and decisions in life is to be smart and superior. Go to college, have some goals, treat your body well, don't associate with inferior people, and work. You don't even have to work hard when you're superior, just work.

But she's naturally inferior, and she will never succeed in life, and that's just how it is.
>>
File: 1460256492987.png (338 KB, 585x633) Image search: [Google]
1460256492987.png
338 KB, 585x633
Pretty much, if you ain't got talent then no matter how much you try, you'll easily be trumped over by someone with it. You reach your apex, but the talented individuals go beyond. You constantly struggle to comprehend or train but the talented individual deals with no such things.

It's in race and genetics and you see and experience it everyday.
>>
>>337827380
THERE ARE NO HEROES LEFT IN /v/
>>
>>337834676
You're one of those retarded "everyone is born equal" types, aren't you?

People are inherently not equal. Some are born better looking, some more talented, some with a predisposition to be stronger, etc, etc. No one is born equal. Seriously believing that talent isn't real is the stupidest shit I've seen on /v/.
>>
>>337845753
>Trying to meet people while moving into a small town
Good luck with that faggot, everyone knows each other and they all hate you already
Dojima was literally the only chance he had to make a friend, and that's because they work with each other
>>
>>337823697
Not necessarily
>>
>>337848182
Its funny because youre actually an "inferior" person and dont realize it
>>
>>337844452
>No one shares your interests or views
>Even on an imageboard I'm a minority among minorities
>Don't connect with anyone
>Everyone hates me for not being with anyone
and not liking what they like
>Even at work try to get my fired for not acting like them
>Just want to be to myself

Naoto was right.
>>
Talent is a word people who refuse to work hard use as a excuse. "Natural Talent" is just someone eager to learn something to a degree far beyond normal people. The only people born without "talent" are people born with legitimate disabilities. Otherwise no its just you refusing to man up.
>>
In a way.

But not just talent. There's a shitload of people who have talent or the potential for talent, but because of shitty life circumstances beyond their control, they are unable to utilize said talent. Or they do utilize said talent, but just can't catch a break.

There's also a shitload of people who are absolute hacks who are only successful because they got lucky. Born to a rich family that supports them, happened to be at the right place at the right time, etc. etc...

Really, the best way to succeed in life is to be born into a rich family. Sure you can screw up by being a fucking retard, but if you even have half a brain, you can use your family's wealth/connections to not end up a total fuck up. If you're born into a poor family, your opportunities are significantly more limited.

Sure people can get out of shitty situations, and a number of people have, but you can only get so much shit thrown at you before you're trapped in shit.
>>
>>337849615
>Talent is a word people who refuse to work hard use as a excuse

Tell that to the people like in >>337841896
All that effort they're putting in to still do shit is simply because they aren't trying hard enough :^)
>>
>>337831754
Philly gave Yu the wild card, and that's what makes people gravitate to him, since the card derives it's power from the social links. Meaning that Yu needs minimal effort to be social, while every other boy in Yasogami have to work their asses off to even be noticed by a girl.

Yu is the living reason as to why Adachi was (mostly) right
>>
Talent's just a part of it
Where you're born, your childhood, knowing the correct people, natural ability, how good your social skills are
His point was that there are a fuckload of factors that are completely outside your control, but can absolutely destroy your life no matter how hard you put in the work
>>
>>337849615
"Work hard" is refuge for the mediocre because they can't accept the reality that some people are indeed more naturally gifted than they are, or more intelligent, or more fortunate. You cut yourself short choosing to be myopic.
>>
>>337850607
Besides IQ related things find me concrete proof of how talent exists.
>>
File: image.jpg (131 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
131 KB, 1024x576
>>337823697
>thinking Inaba Elliot Rodger was right
>>
>>337850742
Not him, but any sport is proof of this.
The world's best isn't always the one that put in the most effort.
Plenty of hobbies, like videogames, are also proof of this.
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 480x360
>>337823697
>tfw no aspirations in life
>charismatic as fuck and was easily the least hated person in school
>naturally good at math, so just used the 750k my rich grandma left after she died
>nowadays spend my days helping out friends while making a killing in the stock market
Adachi's right but there isn't a clear cut path to success. I know it sounds cliche, but you only fail the moment you give up.
>>
>>337850841
>implying Elliot Rodger was not right
>>
>>337851808
>murdering people you don't like is right
HEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOO REDDDDDDDITTTTTT
>>
>>337851892
>HEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOO REDDDDDDDITTTTTT
This is the kind of autism that belongs in reddit.
>>
File: 1356754112093.jpg (97 KB, 759x1092) Image search: [Google]
1356754112093.jpg
97 KB, 759x1092
>>337851808
>>
>>337851524
>Get given literally everything you'll ever need on a silver platter
>Dude you just aren't working hard enough bro!
>>
>>337852921
But I don't have a working penis
Thread replies: 253
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.