[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just got this as a free download What am I in for?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 9
File: last-of-us-cover-ps4.jpg (248 KB, 865x1080) Image search: [Google]
last-of-us-cover-ps4.jpg
248 KB, 865x1080
Just got this as a free download

What am I in for?
>>
A good game.
>>
GOTY 2013
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 300x316) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 300x316
>>337822058
>>
>>337822058
>Free
How
>>
>>337821928
shit gameplay and generic not-zombie story
>>
>>337822058
this
>>
A very decent game, and a memorable experience.

Good shit:
>Gameplay
>Atmosphere
>Soundtrack
>Nice variety of stealth/action/exploration
>Crafting system

Bad shit:
>AI
>Sometimes quite a bit of filler
>"Puzzles" are pretty shit
>Those fucking box/ladder/raft sections
>>
A decent game that memed into oblivion with their compulsive need to be contrarian.
>>
>>337821928
Feels.
>>
>>337821928
Not Jak 4.
>>
think of it as the best version of Uncharted or Tomb Raider reboot, sans the gay platforming mechanics which suck balls anyway

good characters, solid writing and dialogue, appropriately violent and brutal as fuck, and environments varied and open enough to suspend disbelief that you're playing a typically linear narrative-driven TPS. It's also pretty lengthy and the beginning of the game sucks fucking hard, but once you get to Ellie, it gradually improves

the MP was nice when it started out, but I heard more than plenty complains that ND ruined it by introducing a bunch of pay to win DLC content in the game
>>
>>337821928
A pretty good experience. The game itself is pretty simple and features almost 0 replayability but the first, and usually only, playthrough is really awesome.
>>
Ignore what neo-/v/ aka reddit will try to tell you, the game is shit and always has been shit, that is if you actually want to play a video game. If you're into edgy interactive movies you'll love it.
>>
a movie
>>
>>337821928
Good story, awesome VA/mocap, pretty good gameplay, fantastic harder difficulties, amazing multiplayer, great exploration, nice collectibles/crafting/upgrade mechanics, all in all a solid 9/10.

Flaws:

The occasional graphical hiccup, like riding too fast and changing direction sharply on a horse can fuck with the draw distance and texture loading, but those are few and far between.

Friendly AI is kind of shit but it doesn't really matter. Enemy AI is decent on the lower difficulties and good on the higher ones.

Puzzles are shit.

Some environments/levels are too long while others are too short.
>>
>>337821928
>the same enemies for 15 hours
>no boss fights
>shallow plot
>no rewarding exploration
>poor aiming
>repetitive puzzles

enjoy your pseudo-cult game anon
>>
The girl is the cure for the disease and you can choose to give her to the fireflies or not. She also almost gets raped. Enjoy
>>
While we're at it, I recently bought the Nathan Drake Collection on PS4 with Uncharted 4, purely out of impulse
I started playing Uncharted 1 and it's pretty fucking mediocre
The graphics and art direction are great but the gameplay is crap - it's just a series of corridors, exploration is rarely rewarded because, besides for a few treasures in corners and stuff, everything is just a background setpiece
The platforming is really, really easy and the gunfights are terrible, just the same thing over and over again, with no enemy variety either
The story is pretty basic shit too, and the characters are not particularly charming (Drake in particular is one hell of a stupid faggot, getting into extremely dangerous situations for the sake of treasure, he doesn't seem to be particularly affected by the death of his allies or enemies either)

I must praise the graphics again though, and some puzzles are pretty neat too

So, does the series gets better? Worse? How different is The Last Of Us (which I also impulsively bought)?
>>
>>337821928
an overrated game. I played and enjoyed it, but the amount of the type of praise it got was a bit much.
>>
>>337823675
It's all the same shit.
>>
>>337821928
Solid campaign, fun multiplayer

it's an 8/10
>>
>>337823675
series gets better. 2 is the best and 3 is pretty good but both will feel outdated because part of the appeal was the presentation. I love Uncharted 4 but I'm glad it will be the last one. Gameplay has run out of places to innovate and it started feeling repetitive. I love the last of us though best of the bunch because there is more action and is more difficult than Uncharted.
>>
>>337823675
UC2>TLoU>UC3>UC1

Haven't played 4 but people seem to like it. Uncharted 1 is the weakest.
>>
>>337822661
>bad ai
I love this meme. What game has good ai then? Literally all games have bad ai.

>>337822661
>puzzles are shit
>he doesn't understand the in context, in universe reasons why there would be ladders and planks everywhere, for easy access and traversal to and across roof tops
>he thought those were puzzles
>>
>>337823675
For comparison sake I played 2 first.
2 is the best in the series but I haven't played 4 yet.
I enjoyed 1 a lot.
2 was great and the multiplayer was amazing.
3 is a fucking atrocity with plotholes story arcs left untouched.
On the bright side it has a switch shoulder button but you have to turn it on in options.
Bonus, golden abyss was alright but wasn't worth buying a vita for.

My question is, does uncharted 4 have a switch shoulder button?
>>
>>337823675
>getting into extremely dangerous situations for the sake of treasure,

when niggas dont even play the game they talking about
>>
next to Uncharted 2 its the most overrated game iv ever played, but its still pretty good.
>>
>>337824324
How does UC2 innovate over UC1 at least? Because UC1 is a package of flaws.
>only 2 types of collectibles: treasures & weapons/ammo
>like 4 different types of enemies in total
>no open spaces, just corridors, some pretending to be open too (like the fortress)
>drake is a boring character and overall the story & characters feel like some saturday morning cartoon, trying to crack jokes constantly and rarely taking their situation or actions seriously

>>337824775
I haven't finished the game, I'm at something like chapter 12 (the vault), but so far Drake's only motivation for becoming a one-man army and getting into ridiculously unsafe situations is out of curiosity to find what his ancestor hid
>>
>>337821928
A zombie flick
>>
>>337822661
Last of Us has great AI though.
>>
>>337823520
>the same enemies
uh, no.
>no boss fights
wrong.
>shallow plot
I'll give you that, but the presentation is through the roof.
>no rewarding exploration
what? the areas are huge, and there's great stuff everywhere ranging from ammo/supplies to diaries and notes that the characters comment on. what do you want, a big shiny power-up?
>poor aiming
realistic aiming, which can be improved easily if you upgrade it.
>repetitive puzzles
fair enough.
>>
>>337821928
Good movie. Gameplay is debatable.
>>
>>337825157
Haha No. I have my own game footage that shows the opposite of "good A.I"
>>
Cinematic game done right.

Make sure you play on the harder difficulties which remove the bullshit "see through walls" feature for max immersion.
>>
>>337825004
better setpieces

better combat with more weapon variety, more enemy types, riot shields, explosives, more opportunities for stealth and sniping, etc.

levels are significantly more open as well

the characters are slightly better, Drake is more of a hero, still cracking jokes but takes shit more seriously.

>Drake's only motivation for becoming a one-man army and getting into ridiculously unsafe situations is out of curiosity to find what his ancestor hid

so... did you just miss everything where his only concerns are finding Elena and finding a way off the island? After the first few chapters his priorities turn from "muh gold" to "holy FUCK this is not what I signed up for let's gtfo".
>>
>>337825559
That shit is pretty much necessary on your first playthrough unless you enjoy suffering.
>>
>>337821928
It's a solid flick
>>
>>337823675
2 and 4 are amazing and way better than 1. 3 is cool too, but it's basically just 2 again.
>>
>>337825605
I didn't mean to say it was his sole motivation, but he gets into some stupid shit he could easily avoid if he didn't let Elena suggest him to still look for the treasure.
>>
>>337825731
Yeah, not at all. Played through the game once on survivor, then once on grounded plus. Never used that cheap bullshit and i've gotten through fine both times.

Game is really easy if you play smart and conservatively.
>>
>>337825163
>uh, no.
theres 2 enemy types with a few variations, of which you can use the same type of tactics for most of them.
>the areas are huge
its not a straight hallway, but i wouldn't call them huge either. at most heres maybe 2-3 houses or rooms off the beaten path that you can scavenge. the university section specifically is relatively huge and yet you can only really go into maybe 3-4 optional rooms/areas outside of the path laid out.
>>
>>337823196
More like 'pay to not suck'.

The DLC weapons/skills aren't that great. Fun as fuck, but a solid rifle, revolver, covert skill, and a couple team support skills will do far more for you than muh grenade lawnchair or muh lone wolf skill.

At best they allow shitters to not drag down the team quite so much as they normally do.
>>
Do a hard mode run and then do a grounded run. Grounded removes 90% of supplies, takes the HUD away, and pretty much forces you to stealth your way through the game. I got to the school in Bill's town without firing a shot.
>>
>le TLOU is a movie meme

I though we were past this.
>>
>>337826285
PCfats will keep shit posting until they get a port.
>>
File: 1463296877995.jpg (16 KB, 280x218) Image search: [Google]
1463296877995.jpg
16 KB, 280x218
>>337821928
Why don't you just fucking play it and find out? Form your own goddamn opinion.
>>
>>337826265
>Humans
>Which come in melee and ranged varieties, with some that throw projectiles and behave differently
>runners
>clickers
>that weird in between infected
>bloaters

There's probably more i'm forgetting but there's definitely more than two.
>>
>>337826265

But there's forced combat areas, forced stealth areas, and when you play as ellie you can't do half of what Joel can do. They definitely switch it up enough to stay fresh and enjoyable.
>>
>>337826265
>2 enemy types
four types of infected, all of which have completely different AI and require different tactics to handle. Humans range from your basic thug with a baseball bat to enemies with molotovs to heavily armoured soldiers.

>i wouldn't call them huge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QZEO4XBgY0

A huge arena with enemies on all sides, at least five separate buildings to go in, each with different rooms, a nice ledge for sniping, and the entire thing can be stealthed if you're good enough.
>>
>>337826282
personally i disliked grounded for this game. takes away too many of the games elements. TLoU is best when youre switching things up on the fly. grounded pretty much makes combat and melee a death sentence and most weapons useless so the upgrading is largely pointless and resources are so tight that the crafting and character upgrading doesnt hold much weight. the onyl thing it really pushes is the stealth, but in doing that it also shows how limited your options are in it.
>>
>>337826467

No that's about it but the environments they put them in affect everything.

>sniper alley
>arena battles
>the bridge and spotlight section
>infected hunter areas where they always know where you are
>WINTER
>>
Damn it OP, I thought that for once the PS+ games weren't shovelware shit like they have been since the PS4 came out.
Foiled again.
>>
>>337821928

A decent movie game with an average plot.

Not bad for free though. It's one of those games you play once and then sell.
>>
File: 4man kill 4 no audio.webm (3 MB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
4man kill 4 no audio.webm
3 MB, 720x405
>>337821928
The MP is great fun
>>
>>337826995

It made it more like a puzzle game for me which I really enjoyed. There were a few parts I ended up cheesing but the rest was very satisfying once I figured out a pattern or a method that would get me through the level. I loved the action of lower difficulties but the stress of grounded makes it my favorite. Also I don't know if this applies to other difficulties, but I've played through grounded 3 times now and the enemies have had different placements/behaviors every time. I don't know if it's on purpose but I love it because whatever I think I already had figured out no longer applies and I have to do it again.
>>
>>337821928
Not a bad game but one of the overrated games ever made.
>>
>>337825280
The story is shit, it is generic not-zombie story with all its predictable cliches.
>>
>>337826995
Grounded is straight-up the devs' response to shitters complaining about muh easy movie game.

Of course it didn't work, because any game that spends more time on it's story than a brief wall of text gets the GRR MUH CINEMATIC MOVIE GAME treatment from /v/. But I think I like it that way, it's so satisfying to set up complex bomb traps for enemies, land a perfect armour-piercing headshot from across the map, and stealth through a ton of runners, clickers, and bloaters, then hear some PCuck get his jimmies rustled.
>>
does the ps4 version have an 'online pass' like the ps3 version? i was locked out of the plat trophy on ps3 because i bought preowned and the multiplayer code in the box had been used.
>>
>>337827272
>Firefly

Hunterz 4 lyfe
>>
>>337821928
A game that will either be rather mediocre and work perfectly or a game that is so rife with audio desyncs, character despawns, hard animation stops, levels not loading beyond white space and polygons, freezing your console, etc. to the point you're not sure if the game was tested at all because of the weird difference between two people playing the game that it's absolutely ridiculous.

That's Last of Us.
>>
boring shitty interactive movie
>>
File: 4man kill 1 no Audio.webm (3 MB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
4man kill 1 no Audio.webm
3 MB, 720x480
>>337827778
Fuck the hunters
My bums are superior to your bums
>>
OP here game just finished downloading

What difficulty should I choose?
>>
>>337821928
> Emotional gameplay
> that feel
> I don't want to kill but I have to.
> so much pain in the world
> endless thoughts
>>
>>337827983
survivor

how did you get the free download?
>>
>>337828108
Won it from some contest
>>
>>337822661
the ai is way above average.
>>
>>337827891
On ps3*
It runs fine on ps4
>>
>>337828016

Too many words for Joel. It's more like

MUH DAUGHTER
U
H

D
A
U
G
H
T
E
R
>>
File: Shoot the bomb no audio.webm (3 MB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
Shoot the bomb no audio.webm
3 MB, 1080x720
>>337827963
>>
>>337824358
I'd put 4 ahead of 3 and 1, otherwise agree with your list.
>>
>>337827983
Hard. Or normal. Don't listen to the shitters who say Survival.

Survival disables prompts and listen mode. Without those things you will die cheap deaths and not understand why or how to avoid them. It is not fun. On subsequent playthroughs listen mode makes the game pitifully easy, but for your first time you fucking want that shit.

Do Hard, Survivor, Grounded, Grounded+ for all trophies. Skip Survivor if you want, but I recommend it as a bridging step unless you like suffering.
>>
>>337828016
>Joel feeling bad for killing people

confirmed for knowing fucking nothing about the game.

why are there so many retards who fall for the memes spread by PCucks?
>>
>>337824650
Yes
>>
>>337828389
Problems happen on PS4 too.

I've tested the game on 4 different TVs, 2 HDMI Chords, 2 PS4s, 3 PS3s, 2 Monitors, 3 Discs, etc.

It varies so hard that it's absolutely ridiculous and it's never consistent. Like if it was the refresh rate of the TV or one of the discs, I'd understand, but it's never consistent. I've tried virtually in all possible outcomes with all that stuff.
>>
>>337827983
I'd start on hard so you can learn the mechanics but aren't beating your head against the wall
>>
>>337821928
bricks
>>
>>337829309

YEAH RIGHT
>>
>>337828928
>but for your first time you fucking want that shit.
lol no you fucking don't, just use headphones and actually listen instead of using some magical xray vision. That was plenty my first playthrough and I don't get why you would ever use listen mode.
>>
>>337829782
Might want to take the caps lock off there.
>>
>>337821928
You are in for a great game but play it on hard.
>>
>>337830015

I"M HOLDING DOWN SHIFT WHILE I DOUBT YOUR CLAIMS>
>>
The only good Naughty Dog game from last gen.

7/10 single player with decent gameplay and story and good characters

9,5/10 multiplayer
>>
>for the whole game ellie uses a knife
>You are forced to make shit shivs
>Have readily available firearms and ammo
>Can't seem to find a hunting knife

For a game all about atmosphere this was a hilarious over sight
>>
>>337829902
Because human enemies move silently, and the levels are filled with multiple shortcuts and alternate paths. It's ridiculously easy for an enemy to sneak up behind you if you don't know the layout or how many enemies there are.

I'm not saying you should always use it, but the occasional use to check your surroundings will prevent a LOT of cheap deaths. Of course, if you don't mind dying a lot and learning enemy movements through trial and error, go ahead.
>>
>>337830306
Well you're free to doubt them all you want. I ave tested it using friend's and my cousin's systems and extra TVs just to see if it wasn't my PS3 that was causing it. My PS4 does not cause any of those problems, however my cousin's does, yet his PS3 and a friend's PS3 do not cause the problems as my PS3 does.

It's a wide disparity between how the game works, as I said it either works perfectly or pretty much not at all, at least not in any enjoyable way whatsoever. I've tried a few patch variants too, having the game patched seems to fix some problems, but causing the audio desync and cutscene lag to be more frequent at, especially in later parts of the game once you get to the the Winter Section.

I've played through the game just fine, it's still a rather mediocre game that doesn't really do anything special, I just felt that OP should know it might work and it might not work.
>>
>>337823675
Uncharted 1 is garbage and I hate it.

Uncharted 2, 4 and The Last of Us are all very good. Uncharted 3 is pretty good, but has story and pacing issues.

Skip Uncharted 1, just check the story online and go straight to 2.
>>
>>337830981

Yeah this was really fucking stupid, I dropped the game honestly, it was just use spidey sense at each actual "video game segment" to strangle and stab a few people then move to the next
>>
>>337823675
Uncharted 1 was pretty good at the time but has aged very badly. The others hold up okay.
>>
>>337821928
Quite possibly the most overrated game to ever exist
>>
>>337831575
>he played on Normal
what a fucking faggot
>>
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 512x512
>>337821928
A truly cinematic experience
>>
It's the best out of all of the "moviegames" like Uncharted.
>>
>>337831359

Honestly I'm not very discerning when it comes to things like that. I've never had a major issue with the game other than missing melee attacks due to wonky character placement and a few crashes. I played it extensively on ps3 and ps4 and I do remember the game crashing a few times on ps3 but I've had no issues on ps4. Like I said though, I don't nitpick graphical issues because I'm a console fag and just don't care.
>>
>>337821928
Play it on survival mode, also underrated multiplayer
>>
File: Henry_and_Joel.png (421 KB, 997x696) Image search: [Google]
Henry_and_Joel.png
421 KB, 997x696
feels
>>
>>337831852
>implying
Why would you bother playing the whole thing, its bad regardless of difficulty
>>
>>337832116
Well I wouldn't have a problem with things such as that, but when you hand me a game that doesn't appear to be consistent in all formats to the point the intro cutscene will have a 4-5 audio desync, Joel will sometimes not spawn in the car, or Tommy's animation just wont move and he'll slide along the ground, it's pretty bad.

Like I have no problem with the game when it doesn't do that stuff depending on how it's played, but it seems more consistent than not. I will grant it's far worse on PS3s though from what I've seen. But it seems like something they should have caught at some point. Checked forums about it too and plenty of people had problems with it between both consoles as well.

Just weird that some of those problems would even exist on a game with that much development, ya know? So far it's the only game I've seen that was ever on those levels with that amount of differences between what setup you use.
>>
>>337831852
That doesn't really defend the whole one use knife thing while you see other characters with knives, in an atmosphere, immersion, and story driven game
>>
>>337828016
More like a game that's hiding the fact that the character you're playing as is a fucking psychopath, using the perspective of a different character towards the ending of the game to show how other people view him.

Imo The Last of Us is one of the most brutal (not bloody or gorey) examples of violence in a videogame I've ever seen. Nobody at any point, good or bad would hesitate to beat to death/stab/shoot/etc. anyone in cold blood. Heck if in the beginning of the game you bump into a military guard two times in a row he'll just shoot you in the face. There are tons of scenes where small things will get you killed on the spot.
>>
>>337831575

You're whining about an optional element you retard
>>
>>337833080

Honestly I've never ever seen things like that and I can't imagine I wouldn't notice them. I'm not doubting you but it hasn't happened to me with well over 100 hours of gameplay on both consoles.
>>
>>337833080
I've honestly never seen those issues either.

The friendly ai hiccups a bit during combat on occasion, but I'ev never noticed any of these issues you speak of on ps3.
>>
>Ellie uses a knife
>you make shivs that break after one use

Why is joel a cuck
>>
>>337833680
>>337833823
Yeah usually stuff doesn't bother me, like I've played Dark Souls and all that stuff on PS3, so I have no problems with wonky stuff or dipping FPS, but Last of Us was so inconsistent that it was just bizarre. Like I don't hate the game, I don't think it particularly does anything special, but it's not a terrible game when it works, I just found it odd that it did so many things between so many TVs and Systems, etc.

I honestly have no idea why those issues happened or whatever, but it feels like they tested it on certain setups and just left it at that, but who knows honestly. I'm not dogging the game by any means, just felt like OP should know just in case it happens to him too.
>>
>>337833497
>gameplay is now an optional element
>>
>>337821928
a game that would've been aboslute horse shit if you would review it as what it wants to be(a movie)
shit-tier characterdesign
shit-tier dialogue
shit-tier plot-devices
shit-tier story
shit-tier gameplay
shit-tier everything
it isn't challenging, it is full with twists that even a toddler could see coming
if this game would be a movie it would universally panned as one of the shittiest movies to ever grace the earth
>>
>>337831727
>>337831482
I see, thanks.
Uncharted 1 feels like a glorified demo for PS3 graphics. I'm not HATING it but it's mediocre.
>>
>>337834514

Seeing through walls does not disable gameplay. It just makes the gameplay easier.
>>
>>337834527
I respect your opinion, but do not share it.
>>
>>337834527
good thing it's a game and not a movie then
>>
>>337834803
Personally I think it drastically improves once you get to the second half with tougher enemies. Partly because the setpieces go from OMG LOOK AT THAT VIEW to creepier/atmospheric areas.
>>
>>337835820
I'm at the vault (dungeon in the monastery)
It's OK so far, there's better use of platforming and the story is starting to become a bit more complex

That ocean view before the fortress was jaw-dropping, they did a really good job with the art direction
>>
>>337834527
It wasn't even close to trying to be a movie, Neil Druckmann even stated they were trying to create an experience you could only have in a videogame, hence the 15 hour length with 1 hour of cutscenes. It's more like a railroaded Fallout 3 or NV or some shit, because you spend a lot of time going into houses, scavenging and crafting stuff inbetween encounters.
>>
I like it, its much more subtle than, say The Walking dead. Great writing. Gameplay can get repetitive
>>
>>337821928
Best 7th gen game.
>>
>>337834832

Are you dense, he's not talking about listening for your enemies, he's talking about how shivs are a one time use which makes zero sense in an atmospheric game, summer is real
>>
>>337832692
he was back in Uncharted 4
>>
>>337838442
For real? What was he doing?
>>
>>337821928
Is /v/ finally turning around after 3 years? I wonder how long will it take for Uncharted 4 to be viewed as the masterpiece it is.

Probably in another 3 years when Playstation 5 is out and people can afford to buy PS4.
>>
>>337822462
Good. Zombies are boring as fuck and way overdone/overrated
>>
>>337823660
You don't get to choose...
>>
>>337821928
It's alright. It's overrated but it's not a bad game either.
>>
>>337823675
skip the first one
>>
File: the ass master.jpg (627 KB, 1596x1991) Image search: [Google]
the ass master.jpg
627 KB, 1596x1991
>>337821928
>>
>>337821928

Best multiplayer shooter of your life, famalam.
>>
>>337823675
Uncharted 1 is the weakest of the first three games.
>>
>>337841469
This isn't a gears of war thread
>>
>>337821928

The Road, but shittier and bloated.
Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.