[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you like PS4 gamepad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5
File: rsz_dsc6261-zf-0498-58860-1-001.jpg (435 KB, 2456x1632) Image search: [Google]
rsz_dsc6261-zf-0498-58860-1-001.jpg
435 KB, 2456x1632
Do you like PS4 gamepad?
>>
>>337810329
yes
>>
>>337810329
White a best. Nathan Drake one looks good, too.
>>
I would like it better if the battery wasn't so shite.
>>
It's excellently designed, and feels real damn good, but the materials are a bit too cheap. The triggers can go out on you, L1 and R1 can get a little sticky, and the sticks wear down really fucking easy.

I wish it were made out of the stuff the Xbone controller was. That thing feels sturdy, but it's such a poor fucking layout, the bumpers feel like clicky ass, and the dpad is now way too fucking stiff. Also it costs the same as a dualshock and doesn't fucking come with a fucking battery.
>>
Yes, but it's built like fucking shit.

I don't even play much on my PS4 but the sticks already got cracks and the triggers creak and get stuck.

Good design but feels cheap as all hell compared to Xbox controllers.
>>
Not really. I like that it's bigger, so I finally can at least partially rest my hands on the handlebars, but the touchpad is fucking idiotic and pointless, while functional Options button is much less comfortable to press than old Start button. Also Share button is even more useless than touchpad.
>>
>>337810329
I hate how small it is
>>
>>337812816
I miss the original Xbox hueg controller, that thing was made for real man's hands.
>>
>>337810329
actually I reall like it. It improved over the DS3 in almost every way with the exception being the terrible battery life and the cheap plastic of the sticks. Which compared to the terrible design of the DS3 and its triggers it certainly was a change for the better.
>>
>>337812816
>>337813218
Are you a 2 mts nigger or something? The size of the DS4 isn't bad at all.
>>
I'm amazed at how much I like the touchpad. I thought it was the stupidest shit ever when it was first announced and that it was slapped on the PS4 just to port Vita games over to it, but its actually very fitting with the rest of the controller.
>>
No. My hands start hurting after holding it for about 1 hour.
>>
It looks like a double black man benis.

I will stock up on DS3s before they get more rare and expensive.
>>
>>337810329
Kind of meh. Not horrible, but also not anything special. Also they need to lose the fucking touch pad. It seriously serves no purpose in 98% of games.
>>
It's alright, been wanting one of those anniversary controllers for a while now.
>>
If you swap out the thumbstick for cheap xbone sticks, it becomes the best controller of all time
>>
Yea but the d-pad is significantly worse than the DS3's.
>>
It's a great controller.
>>
>>337813218
>>337812816
360 is fine enough for me and I have big hands.
But maybe that's case I am a manlet of 1.65m/5' 5"
>>
>>337813841
I'm going through Killzone: shadowfall and that touchpad really fucks the game up, because the functions it accesses are very useful in battle, but to use them you have to do a whole sweeping motion in one of the directions and it's too big of a time tradeoff on your thumb when you need to constantly turn around.
>>
Always hated PS controllers, the PS4 one feels very flimsy to me, like you could destroy it with only a little effort by twisting it, feels cheap compared to previous controllers, especially the triggers.

I will say though, I bought Battlefield 4 in a sale recently on PS4 and noticed you could lean by tilting the controller, depending on the angle you tilt it affects how far you lean, iand ts very accurate with these motion sensors, hope they take more advantage of that, seems a complete waste if they dont, also havent really found a single game that makes use of the touchpad or motion sensors outside of this. The touchpad is just a giant button, no games really make use of it for anything other than opening a menu.
>>
It doesn't feel comfortable for long periods with man hands and I prefer the left stick up higher. Rubber grips feel cheap. I like the shape of the x1 controller but dislike the click of the dpad and l1 r1 buttons
>>
>>337815119
>like you could destroy it with only a little effort by twisting it

You literally can. I love the controller but the build quality is un fucking acceptable, it's an absolute joke. Both of my controllers have something wrong with them and I've only had the console for less than a year. I take care of my shit too, so it's ridiculous. But going back to your point, after my one controller's analog stick straight up N64'd itself I decided to test if you actually CAN just snap the controller in half with your bare hands and you totally can.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2056x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2056x1536
>>337814882
>>337813527
>man lets being retarded
>pretending they do not have tiny baby hands

Fuck off, the controllers were made for tiny jap hands. If you say they are comfortable you must be part midget.
>>
>>337815581
Its odd considering this is one of the most technically advanced controllers there are and it feels like a knock off. All the money is in sensitive guts of it, but no games really make use of its features. Even Bloodborne just uses the motion sensors to do fucking emotes that you can easily do by pressing them in a dropdown menu. Shouldve probably cut back on the gimmick shit, noone is using it.
>>
>>337815778
But I was comfortable with the xbox HUEG controllers too
I am able t use any controller effectively except the NES one and that's cause it is all square and that hurts my hands.
>>
>>337815953
I can think of plenty of games that use the touchpad, personally I think it's an amazing feature for a console controller where you don't have access to a keyboard, because anything that would usually be bound to a key that isn't important enough for a controller button can just get mapped to a touchpad side press or a directional gesture. In planetside it's a swipe left or right to accept or deny certain things, it's a swipe to open the chat menu, and a press to open the map.
>>
It's a lot better than I thought it was going to be. It feels really nice to hold. Battery life is fucking shit though and I feel the touchpad is pointless most of the time.
>>
File: 14634137622310.jpg (341 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
14634137622310.jpg
341 KB, 2048x1365
>>337815778
what?
>>
>>337817165
What do you not understand? Do you not know what the duke is? Is that your source of confusion?
>>
File: benheck_xbox_controller1.jpg (33 KB, 520x347) Image search: [Google]
benheck_xbox_controller1.jpg
33 KB, 520x347
>>337817491
But the Xbox one and 360 controllers are almost as big as the xbox HUEG was
I hope you are just shitposting or b8, for your own sake.
>>
>>337815778
Need more comparison pictures with your hands. I thought MY hands were big, but Jesus, you take it to another level.
>>
>>337810754
This.
The ps3 had a way long life I would days with out charging it ps4 I will sometimes charge once a day
>>
Yup
My only gripe with it is when game developers have a menu binded to merely touching the pad on the front, not even pressing it

But that's usually not a problem
>>
Does sony have a version of the Pro Controller?
>>
>>337815778
I thought Andre the Giant was dead?
>>
The dpad is much improved over the DS3, I no longer but up my thumb playing fighting games
>>
>>337810329
The controller is my favorite but the support on Windows sucks, specifically Bluetooth.
>>
I don't like the dpad, touchpad is barely used and has very bad tactile feedback, battery is abysmal and the lightbar is blinding.
>>
File: ds4.png (259 KB, 643x891) Image search: [Google]
ds4.png
259 KB, 643x891
>>337810329
I call it "The Citizen Kane of Controllers".
>>
>>337819183
>touchpad is barely used
PC master race
>>
Its pretty comfy.

Touchpad is stupid, just a big select button. I don't like the light at all, I wish I had an option to either turn it off or dim it a lot more than I can now.

My launch controller eventually started having weird button clicking issues, but I did use it to death and its been awhile, and maybe the newer models are better who knows.
>>
>>337810329
It's too gimmicky.
>>
>>337819183
I think you can change the light in the system settings.
>>
>>337821659
You can't completely disable it, just reduce the brightness.
>>
>>337810754
Replace it, it's not too difficult. I got a battery with over double the capacity and it's been fine for about a year now
>>
>>337822797
This is why integrated batteries are a bad idea.
They just include the cheapest half assed ones to make profit, not quality shit.
If you buy rechargeable batteries you don't have this problem.
>>
>>337815778
BUT WHO WAS CAMERA?
>>
If I push forward on the sticks, my thumbs just barely graze the touchpad which does various things depending on what game I'm playing. It's kind of annoying.
>>
>>337810329
Yes. It was about time Sony realizes the DS old shape was shit and unergonomic as fuck. Too bad the sticks are so shitty on this one.
>>
>>337810329
>get rid of the stupid touchpad
>bring back start and select buttons

and you got yourself a goat controller
>>
>>337825664
So basically stick to DS2, got it.
>DS2 goat for all time
>>
annoying light and terrible battery and the touchpad seems redundant but yeah it's good
>>
>>337815778
you are fat as fuck
>>
>>337810329
yes but i would like games to go with it
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.