[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you talk to strangers on steam? Why did you stop?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8
File: 12309242083.jpg (44 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
12309242083.jpg
44 KB, 640x480
Do you talk to strangers on steam?

Why did you stop?
>>
I don't play multiplayer games.
>>
Major Armstrong is my husbando, no homo
>>
nah i dont talk to strangers my mom told me not to
>>
i don't chat with people online because i'm not a self absorbed dork that really wants to be cool
>>
>>337788279
I started to talk to other players on xbox live when playing Halo 3 (early 2008). I stopped talking to players when it hit me that I'm complete and utter crap at competitive multilayer. So around 2009.
>>
>>337788279
Only when im drunk or drugged.
>>
>>337788279
i never do
>>
>>337788279
>Talking to strangers
>Ever
>>
>>337788279
>Do you talk to strangers on steam?

Nope. The only people on my friends list are people I know in real life.
>>
no, mommy and daddy always told me never to talk to strangers :(((
>>
I have more friends online than real life, [spoiler I have no friends IRL [/spoiler]
>>
yeah and I tell them everything about me

I don't really care anymore
>>
Yeah, I hang around 5 steam chatrooms with people that like the same games i like, some times we mp and shit. One of these chatrooms is made of around 6 people i met 4 years ago and we've been friends since then.
>>
File: kay selfie 4.png (287 KB, 616x338) Image search: [Google]
kay selfie 4.png
287 KB, 616x338
>>337788279
Not too long ago i was playing rust. Had some real adventures with that game before my PC went to shit and died on me cant afford a new one. Anyway heres my rust experience.

>Open rust
>play usual sever
>wake up on the beach like every other failed attempt to survive
>get some wood, basic stuff, the usual drill
>Night falls and i hear gunshots in the distance
>rival top groups of the server ISIS and Water tribe, Both kill newspawns for fun and accept noone except the elite in there group
>Need to get through the battle field in between there massive forts that’s where all the barrels/metal and rocks are.
>Sudenly I see light from behind first instinct is to throw my rock at the fuckers head but it hold back.
>He approaches me and talks
>”Hey senpai whats up?”
>Taken back by the sudden kindness due to being so used to getting killed on sight.
>”Names Andy. How’r you doin?”
>Explain how I need to cross the battle field and get to the other side.
>”Need a hand?”
>I accept and he chucks me better stuff. Helmet, clothing, axe and pipe shotgun. No rifle or pistol though.
>He takes me back to his base and gives me a bed and food. I think finally a real friend.
>Explains how this side of the island is dried up with supplies. Limmited Hemp, barely any trees, next to no animals
>”The only place left is across the land, but who ever attempts to cross gets shot on sight, Isis and Water have each have a quarter and in order to cross you need to bolt across an open land with no trees or any protection. Snipers constantly fight eachother in each base and kill nakeds or anyone who runs outside the walls”
>Decide that I have no hope of ever crossing
>”how ever I have a plan to get across.”
>”How?”
>>
File: kan4_title.jpg (38 KB, 704x400) Image search: [Google]
kan4_title.jpg
38 KB, 704x400
>>337795053
>”Every time the sever refreshes everyone respawns fresh on the sand or in their beds, it takes them around a half a minute to reequip their stuff and go back to their posts. That tiny gap is what i- what we need to cross”
>”The open border takes roughly a miniute to cross so that’d be impossible especially in broad day light”
>” Exactly. But tonight is different. Ive done the math and in about 3 hours the sever will restart in the when its night. That means we can cross a lot less seen.”
>I tell him im not sure but He tells me to trust him. I have no real choice but to.
>The sun rises out side and he tells me to go to the edge of the open plain. And to set down a fire place, but make sure im not seen
>I unequip and go to the edge of the trees. I look out and see a fuck ton of crates and chests, tempting as fuck.
>At that second 5 nakeds bolt out of the trees and scare the shit out of me. They B-line directly to the field opening all the crates and chests they can.
>In an instant they all get shot one trys to flee but gets shot down just before he can make it. 6 dudes in masks speaking arab run down and re-fill the chests, the dead ones are cussing and telling them to go kill themselves, but the arabs just laugh and leave them to die slowly
>Mfw
>I set down the fire place and run back to Andys, I tell him everything about the chests and the arabs
>He tells me about how people set trap loot to slow down someone and kill them while they’re busy grabbing stuff
>He tells me to grab my stuff and a bed because we’re gonna head out.
>we go to the edge of the border and set up a tiny hut right behind a hill leading into the field.
>5 miniutes until the sever refreshes.
>>
>>337788279
Used to when I first made my steam account but not anymore. Deleted all the people I don't really know or talk much to. You pick up on some red flags with steam adds.
>>
File: 2-headed-dance.gif (3 MB, 310x255) Image search: [Google]
2-headed-dance.gif
3 MB, 310x255
>>337795142
>>337795053

Keep going, anon.
>>
>>337795142
> “My plan is this. The second we wake up we bolt out there and sprint. Don’t stop for anything, even me. Keep in mind if you fall I wont stop to help.
>I’m taken back by the honesty but I see why he feels that way
>I agree
>I pack evey thing into boxes and wait for the refresh
>”Good luck”
>The server shuts down
>Every second im hitting re-connect just trying to get back in early as possible.
>2 minutes later im in my bed
>Suddenly out of nowhere, “NOW! RUN!”
>I panic and only grab half my stuff and equip it. I sprint out the door
>Andy is by the fire place I made and he’s lit it up
>”LETS GO!”
>I bolt down the hill and into the open field in the dead of night
> both forts on my sides begin to gradually light up
>I don’t stop though and keep pacing through passing chests and avoiding traps
>Suddenly I hear “SHIT!”
>I stop and andys fallen in a bear trap and is stuck
>”KEEP GOING! YOUR ALMOST ACROSS!”
>Fuck that your coming with me
>Help him up and we keep running, he’s pissed but he’s greatful
>Suddenly bullets ricochet all over the place, gun fire whizzes over headand I slowly get hit.
>At this rate we’re not gonna make it.
>>
Well, there is this guy from /v/ whom I gifted a game. He writes me occasionally, we discuss stuff.
>>
File: 1463386760497.gif (153 KB, 294x350) Image search: [Google]
1463386760497.gif
153 KB, 294x350
Not worth
>>
>>337795740
>Andy screams “DON’T STOP IM RIGHT BEHIND YOU JUST DON’T STOP!”
>I turn around and the fucker has pulled out his torch and is charging straight at the waters base
>Im no longer taking gunfire and sprinting non stop
>arabs starts mumbling as they begin to chase Andy towards the other base
> Bleeding out I make it across and run into the snow on the other side
>nearly dead I cross the mountain and land in a cozy spot in the side of the hills near the trees
>I eat and bandage myself up slowly recovering, equip the stuff I didn’t have time to
>Actually fucking shaking at that point.
>I’ll never fucking forget you Andy
>Sun rises and I find a road filled wiith barrels and no bases or forts.
>Paradise.jpg
>Suddenly hear running from behind me
>turn around and I see a naked black guy spriting towards me
>He chucks a spear at my face
>I die
>Fuck
>>
I've talked to strangers from /v/ and I still talk to them years later.

Funny enough the youngest guy from /v/ we added to the circle was 14-15 when we first met him and hes the one who shitposts the loudest, really reflects the current quality of this board especially when people from /v/ are now younger than that clown.
>>
>>337788279

Now I need to add them as a friend but who wants that for just one session of (input your games name here)
>>
I generally don't really talk to strangers, but that's just because I'm really bad with people. Someone added me like a week ago and was like "Are those your stuffed animals and cats?" and I was like yeah, but then I didn't really have anything to say and they removed me.
>>
>>337795053
>>337795142
>>337795740
>>337796286

This needs to be made into a mini-animated short, this was really good. Imagining that last part killed me.

>J-jesus, I...I made it! Andy, Andy we-
>Oh
>Forlorn look over the hill, gunfire and explosions down where I just crossed
>Wind blows behind me
>I'll push on for you, friend. I'll never forget you.
>I will take up your place, and see that others can reach this elysium
>Oh look, here comes one now!
>Friend, you made it across th-
>OOGA BOOGA MUFUGGA WE WUZ KANZ AND SHEE-
>HRK
>Respawning...
>FUCK
>>
I still do, but its generally the same people i've talked to for 5+ years now.

Hell, I've met some of them in real life multiple times at this point, so they're as real of friends as any.

On other hand I'll also talk to random jackoffs, which either tend to get too clingy or autistic for my taste
>>
All my IRL friends play games on console so I only talk to strangers on steam.

I'm in 3 different anime/loli steam groups and like 4 other random ERP-type groups.
I pretend to be gay online and I've made a lot of friends that way.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.