[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>the typical DOOM hater
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
>the typical DOOM hater
>>
I don't see the problem here.

He seems to have good taste.
>>
>>337787228
>what a mess
>just shooting no story
>clearly has never played a Doom game in their life
>>
File: image.jpg (206 KB, 1016x1239) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
206 KB, 1016x1239
I hate metacritic so goddamn much.
>>
>it's a gives out 10/10 or 0/10 user
it's like they're from here
>>
I don't know what's sadder:
the guy that made those reviews or
you, finding that guy, and taking screenshots of it to post on /v/.

sage
>>
>>337790003
Most likely the people who make these kind of threads or screencap those kind of accounts are the ones making those accounts and the reviews attached to them.
This is starting to look like a shitposting thread so I'm hiding it after I make this post.
>>
File: 1.png (71 KB, 663x300) Image search: [Google]
1.png
71 KB, 663x300
>typical doom shill
>>
>>337790003
In mass voting, rating anything on a scale is absolutely pointless. On Metacritic, at least half of the scores are from users who have an axe to grind and are maxing their vote with 0 or 10, and your vote of a 3 is going to be lost in the swathes of users making the most of their vote potential (hint: none of them are interested in reading your shitty review, just score manipulation). It's why YouTube went from stars to a boolean like/dislike system.

Metacritic's user rating system is a cesspit, and be assured that anyone who takes them seriously is a drooling retard.

Sage because OP is a drooling retard.
>>
>>337790497
I see the combined score as utterly pointless, but I may sometime look at individual reviews to see a few non-professional views

and those that only go like 10/10 perfect game, 0/10 are just something I end up ignoring -- it's either obvious fanboyism or blind hate
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 256x352) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 256x352
>>337789823
>yfw people made a petition to remove that one negative review
>>
>>337790497
Despite the extreme polarity of opinions the user score aggregate actually ends up averaging out to something pretty reasonable most of the time
>>
I miss being able to drop £80 on two new releases every week. I guess I could, but I find it hard to justify these days. I want to try Doom but it doesn't look good enough to spend £49 on. Same goes for Uncharted 4 and Dark Souls 3. I want to save up, I can't be dropping £40 on something I'll be bored of in 10 hours. I never realised how much I'd miss demos.
>>
>>337790847
I managed to get Doom off eBay for £17 yesterday.

I found a key seller and had £15 off of my next purchase.
>>
>>337790845
No they don't, not on dividing games like in OP.

On the other hand, niche games usually get low ratings by gaming """journalists""" while the user rating is typically reasonable on metacritic.
>>
>>337791385
The user score looks on track for around an 8.0. You think that's unfair?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.