[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some improvements you hope to see in Dishonored 2?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (160 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
160 KB, 1920x1080
What are some improvements you hope to see in Dishonored 2?

Here's some things that have already been confirmed:
>more non-lethal options, such as non-lethal aerial takedowns and using guards as shields
>smarter guards that can climb ladders and jump over gaps to get to you
>customizable difficulty. the example they gave was being adjust various things like how well guards can see you in cover if you didn't like how you were invisible while leaning out before
>morality system is returning, supposedly they are working to make it less black and white
>neutral zones in the city where you can walk around and talk to people normally
>takes place in corvo's birthland
>you can play as corvo or emily
>corvo will be voiced by Stephen Russell
>>
>>337785980
First game was fun but was ruined by the morality system imo.
>>
>>337785980

I'm hoping for level setups that don't pussy out due to retarded testers (see: masquerade level from last game, or the entirety of portal 2) and some cap on blinking to prevent it being infinite.
>>
>>337785980

Melee combat that's a bit more fleshed out.
>>
>>337785980
More situations that mix different enemy types, cause those were the only ones that were remotely interesting. It's a shame the witches and regenerating hounds only really showed up in the last DLC mission.
>>
>>337785980
I want to see more about the outsider, that nigga is interesting. giving guys powers because he thinks they're interesting is awesome.And i want some spoopy underwater stuff
>>
I'm glad to hear there will be a lot more nonlethal options to make it more varied for ghost players but I'm a bit worried they're going to trivialize it by making it just as easy as lethal. Aerial knockouts sound cool but then what's the difference between doing that as opposed to doing an aerial assassination? I just don't want it to be the same thing as lethal with different animations basically
>>
>>337786159
>masquerade level from last game

Was that when playtesters didn't go upstairs because the guard told them they couldn't?
>>
>>337786125
>I killed people needlessly to have fun with powers
>people treated me like a ruthless killer
Damn...
>>
I hope that playing as a different character, makes a significant difference.

I also want more books and lore to read about.
>>
>>337786565
Yup, what could have been the best level is now retarded easy, basically you just have to talk to one guy who is calling for you. What could have been a fun guessing level where you have to explore, talk to nobles and deduce stuff is now "talk to that guy"...
>>
>>337786125
How was it ruined? It wasn't perfect but it made a lot of sense how it affected the other characters and the city. It added some decent replayability as well. It's not like the game punishes you, you just get the high chaos ending.

>>337786740
Fucking lame. I'll never understand why they changed that because of a couple of retards.

Based off all the info from the devs on Dishonored 2, I have high hopes for the game since they seem to have listened to a lot of the criticism on the first game. So maybe they'll keep stuff like that in since people want more difficulty.
>>
>>337785980
Correct anatomical proportions.

A story that mattered in more ways than an end cutscene.

Objects and people felt to light, the game should feel more heavy.
>>
Light and shadows actually mattering when sneaking.
Not going to happen though.
>>
I want good level design, as close to thief as possible, and less annoying enemies. I fucking hated the oysters in vanilla.

More interesting powers or better uses for them. Possesion was completely useless 88% of the time, especially the human control part. On the other hand time stop is so fucking good that it trivializes anything.

More weapons in general. Give me a reason to use a fucking pistol because the crossbow is strictly better in every encounter. Mines are useless against the big things in the game so they are useless in general.

More plagues, more rats, more stranger and more lore. The world is tight as fuck and I want to see more of it.

And have a talking MC. Daud shits all over Corvo because he speaks his mind from time to time.
>>
File: Au.jpg (52 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Au.jpg
52 KB, 600x450
I want a set of levels about thieving.
>>
>>337785980
>choose your starting skill(s)
>lots and lots of hidden shit to find
>complex and detailed level design
>lots of lore books to read and hopefully return of the heart
>expanded chaos
>lots of ways to make "accidents"
>hopefully everything isn't dumbed down
>hopefully using id tech doesn't make the game look like shit
>>
>>337785980
I would like to not see it exist.
>>
>>337788120
Modified id tech isnt it?

But yeah. Ds1 didnt look AMAZING but I hope ds2 is a step up
>>
>>337785980
I haven't played the first game for some time now but, killing regular kids affect your morality right? If so, I hope they remove it. I'm fine with the morality meter on the targets but it would be better to use your weapons on some regular bloke.
>>
>>337788119
>I want a set of levels about thieving.
Agreed but frankly, as neutered as it was, Lady Boyle's level was practicaly this...
The burglar challenge in the dlc is not too bad in that regard.
>>
>>337786125
>the first post is literally this bullshit piece of shit argument that has been debunked so many fucking times on here its not even funny

I should just write up a copypasta to post in Dishonored threads to shut these fucking retards up immediately.
>>
>>337790723
>killing regular kids

?

There's no children in the game apart from Emily.
>>
File: upMfmqf.jpg (262 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
upMfmqf.jpg
262 KB, 1280x1024
>>337786159
I wouldn't hold your breath, playtesters in general are fucking idiots
>>
>>337792039
But please do, it's not like there's a limit to pastas... And it's not like we'll stop to talk about Dishonored any time soon.
>>
Not necessarily like a Hub area like the Hound Pit Pub but more like an actual village or something with other people just living there between missions.
Not sure how they could do it but I never felt like I was in danger. If I was going ghost, the challenge was just not being seen, if I was going lethal, nothing could stop me.
>>
It will have Denuvo
>>
>>337785980
>customizable difficulty. the example they gave was being adjust various things like how well guards can see you in cover if you didn't like how you were invisible while leaning out before
As if the game wasn't easy enough already
>>
>>337792548
I think they get the biggest retards possible to playtest their stuff so the game is more accessible to the average dudebro
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.