[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You DID get all 42 gems, right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: crashGem.gif (2 MB, 460x440) Image search: [Google]
crashGem.gif
2 MB, 460x440
You DID get all 42 gems, right?
>>
>You DID get all 42 polygons, right?
>>
>>337784748
there were a few in each game that i just couldn't manage to get. but i was just a kid.
>>
>>337784748
what is that, a chaos emerald ripoff?
>>
File: 1457509686483.jpg (30 KB, 552x631) Image search: [Google]
1457509686483.jpg
30 KB, 552x631
Nope, there's one I could just never get
>>
Literally no reason to
>>
>>337785149
Which one?
>>
Literally one of the worst collectables in video games
>tediously break every box in a level
>there's nothing to do in the actual level besides walk/jump forward and break boxes
>they're not hidden anywhere because the levels have nowhere to hide them
>need a coloured gem on some levels just to get crates you couldn't get otherwise

the worst
>>
>>337784748
>specular reflections in a ps1 game
naughty gods
>>
>>337784748
I liked trying to get colored gems, but those were boring as fuck to get since they required me to break everything like an autist.

And yes I was good enough to break everything in the polar bear cub levels.
>>
>>337785859
If you boil a game down to a few lines of greentext you can make anything sound like boring shit.

The crash trilogy was great.
>>
>>337785902
There's no reflection, it's a semi-transparent model colored in a way it tricks you think it's reflecting light. Since the camera it's fixed you can't really go around it to see the trick.
>>
>>337786042
pre-baked specular maps still count
>>
>>337784748
Fucking sonic ripoff
>>
>>337785149
This.

Plus back then I wasn't using he internet so I literally had to hope an issue of playstation magazine had the solution inside

Also anyone remember
>Cheatcode hotlines
>>
>>337786235
>cheat hotlines
basically sex lines for pre-pubescent boys
>>
>>337785950
>break everything in the polar bear cub levels
those were the easiest ones, apart from the very first levels.
>>
I tried 100% crash 1, but got stuck. I didn't know how to get this gem if I didn't get the red gem, and I didn't know how to red if I didn't have green, but green was impossible without blue, which needed red, whatever.

Once I saw a walkthrough of Crash 2 where you had to stand on FAKE NITRO BOXES I didn't even try
>>
>all these people who couldn't get 100% in the fucking Crash Bandicoot games
Granted, I was already 10 years old when Crash 1 came out, but seriously, guys.
>>
Fuck no. Getting 100% in Crash is the worst shit in the world and there's no incentive to even do it other than autism.
>>
>>337786585
you can tell the boxes are fake because they don't jump around and they look slightly different. easy to spot if you're not rushing.
>>
>>337785859
>break every box
You clearly never played Crash 2. There's a gem that requires Crash not to break any box.

>nowhere to hide them
Please. You never played the game. Stop posting.
>>
File: blueGem.gif (2 MB, 470x470) Image search: [Google]
blueGem.gif
2 MB, 470x470
>>337785950
>I prefer coloreds

for you anon

>>337787079
pic related
>>
>remember when Crash 2 first released
>get to sewer level
>dick around
>INVISIBLE FUCKING WALL
>find green gem
>tell people about it
>no one fucking believes me

Fuck you niggers, just play the fucking game and see that shit yourself.
>>
>>337785976
Didn't even boil the game down, just looked at it objectively
>>
>>337785859
>need a coloured gem on some levels just to get crates you couldn't get otherwise

That's what made the colored gems interesting and mysterious though. You weren't sure how to get them because they were different from regular "break every box" gems, and they actually served a purpose in the game by unlocking alternate/extra routes. Also not all the colored gem paths had boxes, some of them were challenge runs.
>>
I know I got 100% on crash 2 a couple of times. Shit is immensely satisfying.
>>
>>337784748
Yes when I was a kid I managed to get all of them in Crash 2 and see the Brio ending.

I went back to it recently and I'm in the last warp room, I don't even know how to find the last few, I musta been pro to collect all that shit at such a young age.
>>
>>337784748
Not a fan of 2.5d platformers, so no. No I did not.
>>
File: IMG_20160404_092115683.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160404_092115683.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
got them all recently, not gud enought to finish 1 and some levels in warped are way too tedious
>>
File: Hog_wild.gif (114 KB, 500x396) Image search: [Google]
Hog_wild.gif
114 KB, 500x396
what did they mean by this?
>>
>>337784748
Trying but backtracking stages because you went to a skullroute or something is a bitch.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.