[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls II
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: DSII.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DSII.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
Just finished DSII. This was my first Souls game and I had a blast playing it (except for that second Smelter Demon fight). I hear it's the worst out of all them, is that true?
>>
It's true but it does a few things really well.

Great PvP (aside from Soul Memory) and great build variety. Magic was really good too.
>>
>>337762584
>I hear it's the worst out of all them, is that true?
are you talking about the second smelter demon boss, or dark souls 2?
>>
>>337762584
Being the worst is a meme since most /v/eddit played Dark Souls 1 first and think its Souls Jesus.
>>
Compared to DS1 its kinda crap.

Not a bad game but easily the worst.
>>
File: 1459439733508.jpg (3 MB, 2917x2528) Image search: [Google]
1459439733508.jpg
3 MB, 2917x2528
>>337762925
Dark Souls 2
>>
>>337762584
Level design is disjointed and all over the place, it also loves to throw too many mobs at you. Other than that it's a pretty good souls game, just not as good as the others.
>>
>>337763420
dark souls 2 is great, sure it has its share of problems but which game doesn't. I actually recamend dark souls 2 to be a entry point for people new to the souls series. its a lot smoother and less complicated then dark souls 1 and is a lot easier to get started, but its still a fun and challenging game.
>>
>>337762584
If it just had DaS3 controls/movement and genera feel then it would be 10/10.
>>
>>337762584
I rank 2 behind the others only because the combat feels a little off to me. Not sure exactly how to describe it, it felt like the combat against enemies didn't have quite the same satisfying "weight" to it.

For some reason you can't swing freely in any direction with some big weapons when you disengage lock on.

Its a shame they didn't keep the heavy breathing animations when low on stamina though.
>>
>>337763420
chest ahead,
try thrusting
>>
>>337762584
so many frustrating moments from poor game design rather than my own poor play(not that i didn't have moments of poor play). but even in SOTFS there were loads of mobs all over the place and everything hits like a truck no matter what armor you're wearing and it just wasn't that fun.
>>
>>337762584
Look forward to having to completely change the way you play the game because of DS3's retarded mechanics
>>
>>337762584
No just morons over exaggerating, das2 with dlc is a great game.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.