[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
zombie genre always ends up as pure shooter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
Why are video game companies completely incapable of producing a zombie game that is anything other than a mindless shooter?

Not that mindless shooters aren't fun, but a true survival horror game is just asking to be made. something on the scale of GTAV or the division would be great. Games like rust get close but in the end it just comes down to an FPS game between other people angry things in the world that can get in the way.

dead island 2 looks like it may be close though, depending on if the real world will have supplies you need to find. Is there a game I'm missing?
>>
What is the evil within on akumu
>>
>>337761161

Zombies are a boring subgenre. Enough of that shit.
>>
File: DeadHeadFredCover.jpg (39 KB, 250x424) Image search: [Google]
DeadHeadFredCover.jpg
39 KB, 250x424
>>
>>337761252
I would just like to see 1 decent title before it fades away
>>
>>337761423
Project Zomboid is either a hit or miss for most people, but I like it.
>>
>>337761161
Nigga dead island 2 looks far worse than one. They had to change developers and postpone release. Survival games are dead thanks to early access
>>
>>337761423
The problem is that when most people talk about what their idea of a "decent" zombie game is it's some completely unfeasible, ultra-ambitious simulation game.
>>
>>337761161
>dead island 2 looks like it may be close though
Does it? I haven't looked at any recent stuff, but it was looking like some silly arcadey zombie killing game.
>>337761494
I can't get over the looting system. No connection with what I'm looting. Just a bunch of loot windows. Game might as well be text based.
>>
>>337761813
it does look arcadey, but has a crafting system. just doesn't look like it will have a survival aspect to it.

honestly, the division could easily be transformed into a zombie survival game, and that may be what the end of the year DLC ends up being. kind of hype
>>
How are zombies a thing still?
>>
>>337761672
pretty much this
There just hasnt been a way that forces people to work together in a fun manner that would promote survival. I think project zomboid and 7days to die are close, but 7dtd is just to unrealistic and construction based that it gets easy after 30mins in game
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.