[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any thoughts on monster hunter tri versus monster hunter 4u.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: MH4U-Frenzied_Gore_Magala.jpg (565 KB, 1024x720) Image search: [Google]
MH4U-Frenzied_Gore_Magala.jpg
565 KB, 1024x720
Any thoughts on monster hunter tri versus monster hunter 4u. I always see the word tri baby thrown around? Also is nicoblog reliable for isos?
>>
I've never heard of Tri-babby, but I figured 4U would have more a normalfag following

>tfw no underwater battles in 4U
Are they bringing these back for Generations?
>>
>>337749026
Don't think so. Under water battles on hand held would be terrible imo. Though I believe they should have as many monsters as possible no point in taking anything out. If people don't like it don't hunt it.
>>
File: image.png (386 KB, 600x687) Image search: [Google]
image.png
386 KB, 600x687
>>337748589
>tfw no dark area fighting outside of Tri
>>
Some people are going to rage about no G rank and new fighting styles "making it easier"
>>
It's not Tri-baby, it's 3+baby. So whatever you get, you're a casual. Play Freedom Unite if you want to be a cool kid
>>
>>337748589
I prefer underwater hunting mechanics compared to fucking mini ledges everywhere that can fuck your shit right up if you dodge roll into one while a monster is charging at you. If 3 had the quality of life improvements 4 had like the inventory sets and the field pouch I'd say 3 was the better game than 4.
>>
>>337750028
I prefer the variety of medium monsters in 3rd generation as well.
>>
MH4U>MHFU>MHP3P>MHTri
>>
Just get 4U. It gets more players than 3U and doesn't have that abysmal underwater nonsense nor the glitched charm tables.
Tri babby is a term that came about around Portable 3rd. Oddly enough, it wasn't really a thing around Tri's release because it was pretty generally agreed that Tri was kind of mediocre. P3rd is where the people who started with 3rd gen and felt some sort of need to assert superiority over previous generations of players, and thus that's where people started to deride third gen babbies. You know, because they're a bunch of faggots. Speaking of which, it's hilarious watching them now that the shoe's on the other foot.
I can't tell you crap about nicoblog. Try it yourself and find out.
>>
>>337750242
You're using the wrong symbol.
It's
MH4U<MHFU<MHP3RD<MH3
>>
>>337750949
>third generation baby
>>
>>337750697
I have 4u with 300 something hours played. Haven't played any previous titles all the way to G rank only portable 3rd and FU in emulators. Grinding guild quests and the relics added in 4U isn't as appealing as just killing and carving.
>>
>>337751000
FU was my first actually, 3rd gen was fantastic outside of 3U which was just a boring rehash of Tri and P3rd.
>>
>>337751000
>thinks 4 gen is any less casual
>>
These games are grinding trash. The only winning move is not to play.
>>
>>337751124
Not really, no. I didn't say it was easier or harder, just better.
>>337751121
Mine too, but I didn't really like 3rd gen.
>>
>>337748589
Tribaby came around because Tri was noticeably easier than Freedom Unite, mostly because it wasn't broken as shit.

MH4U, to me, is a straight upgrade from the tri series even if the first third of the game is easier because of mounts.
>>
>>337751310
I understand that you can dislike 3rd gen because there's no accounting to taste but somehow praises the clusterfuck that was 4th? It was bad.
>>
>>337751030
Yeah, the extra grinding relics and charms bring on is one of my biggest complaints with the newest generations.
Still, 4U at least has enough variety to stay interesting even without those. Just doing various 140s every so often keeps things fresh.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.