[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Follow my lead.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7
File: panflute.jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
panflute.jpg
20 KB, 480x360
Follow my lead.
>>
>Nintendo tries to get people to take breaks regularly with in-game messages
>Everybody ignores them
>Put in forced and unresponsive microphone controls
>Get lightheaded from fucking up so many times and take a break

I'm on to you, Nintendo.
>>
I like this game but what the fuck was the problem wtih the flute, the first few lokomo songs were easy then you get to the last two and game just says fuck you. Dont even get me started on Zelda's song that almost made me quit
>>
Spirit Tracks was fun as fuck. Loved the Armour suit Zelda co-op sections.
>>
>>337743250
>>337743326
Why are people so autistic when it comes to DS and Wii features?

Like I get they aren't perfect or 1 to 1 but that shit is easy as fuck to manipulate. Never had any problem that people constantly bitch about when discussing the Zelda games that use them.
>>
still waiting for this shit to come out on VC
>>
Maybe its because i know how to play an instrument but this was easy as fuck
>>
That last song during the final boss was total horse shit.
>>
>>337743843

In my experience, the microphones in the early DS models either damage very easily, deteriorate very quickly, or are outright unresponsive from the get go. It's fine in some games when there isn't much going on so you can just tap on the mic, but in Spirit Tracks you're manipulating something on the touch screen while also trying to blow into the mic with timing.

The main problem is that microphone controls are outright unnecessary. I can't think of an example where they've been well implemented outside of maybe Nintendogs, one of the very first games on the system.
>>
>>337743869
same, never had an issue
>>
File: Majin Vegeta.png (122 KB, 327x424) Image search: [Google]
Majin Vegeta.png
122 KB, 327x424
>>337743843
> Easy to manipulate
Look mother fucker I havnt played this game since it came out, so whats the trick blow lightly, blow hard hmmmm?
>>
>tfw broken DS mic
This game was fun.
>>
Is this from that atrocity Spirit Tracks? The music sections in that game were literally broken. I found out the only way to get passed them was to blow back and forth until the game decided you did it.
>>
File: fug.jpg (17 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
fug.jpg
17 KB, 400x400
Was literally on the verge of ending myself after having to redo this fucking part over and over.
>>
File: NME_customer_service1.jpg (47 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
NME_customer_service1.jpg
47 KB, 1280x720
>>337742925
>Got nearly all of these on the first try, with only some slight issues on the one near the end of the game
>My face when all those complaints about it being too finnicky

Just got lucky with it, I guess.
>>
File: Battler_lunatic.png (3 KB, 135x135) Image search: [Google]
Battler_lunatic.png
3 KB, 135x135
>>337742925
Follow my lead.
>>
>people actually blew into the microphone

really? am I the only one who did it the easy way and just tapped the microphone with my fingernail to simulate noise? I had no problems at all doing it this way.
>>
>>337743843
People don't like being told what to do in terms of messages popping up telling you to take a break. I can only recall that being on the wii though and like 1 or 2 first party ds games.

In terms of gimmicks like waggling and blowing it is just annoying after a while. Since repetition comes in to play. Like that pan flute shit might have been okay the 1st couple of times but after a while it just wears thin.
>>
Is this the carnival night barrel of Zelda?
>>
File: 1442545918293.jpg (60 KB, 371x373) Image search: [Google]
1442545918293.jpg
60 KB, 371x373
>>337742925
You just blow into the microphone and slide the flute to the left
It really wasn't hard
>>
>>337744585
I think you may be actually retarded.
>>
>>337744258
There was an ace combat game for the 360 that I remember voice commands working pretty well for.

I think you used voice options to switch weapons/targets and fire missiles.
>>
File: 1456082169250.gif (3 MB, 415x370) Image search: [Google]
1456082169250.gif
3 MB, 415x370
>>337742925
I remember how long this piece of shit took me the last boss fight was even worse.
>>
>>337743843
I hate this reasoning. If ever a mechanic has to be manipulated in any way other than intended (whether it be stated or implied), it's a fucking poorly designed mechanic that doesn't work right and should either be fixed or not in the game
>>
>>337744258
the DS microphones were just ungodly cheap.
>>
>>337747204
The final one is even easier than the others.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.