[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How old were you when you realized XII was the best Final Fantasy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: penelo.jpg (46 KB, 440x640) Image search: [Google]
penelo.jpg
46 KB, 440x640
How old were you when you realized XII was the best Final Fantasy game?
>>
I really hope they release the inevitable HD version on Vita.

A portable version of that game would be the fucking shit.
>>
>>337740406
I'm soon 30, and I still think FF12 is one of the worst, and definitely THE most overrated FF games ever.
>>
15, the year it came out.

PS4 HD release when? Although it will be shit if they outsource it to no-name Chink company and have them redo the models for no reason ala FFX HD. Upscale/better textures only please.
>>
>>337740406

pc port when
>>
>>337740406
Game is easily in the top three worst FF. II, VIII, and XII.
>>
>>337741000
Having only played the original version I share this opinion, and I like almost every FF game that I've played.

I hope they release the zodiac version or whatever it was.

Or if it runs well on pcsx2 I'll just emulate it when I finally get a decent PC
>>
12 fucking sucked on release and sucks now. play a real mmo you fucking losers.
>>
>>337741369
I've read of the Zodiac version for years now, and to be honest, none of those additions change the facts I never beat the game: It's just so liveless and boring.
>>
Xenoblade did everything FFXII tried to do, but better.
>>
15 - that's how old I was when it came out
>>
>>337741369
While an improvement, the zodiac version still isn't very good because it makes one significant and absurd fuckup: You have to pick a class for each party member as soon as you get them, and then they're locked into that class forever and can't change. So you have to go in ahead of time knowing what you want everyone to be.
If they'd just added a class change option it would've been perfect.
>>
>>337740694
>inevitable
You say that but I've been waiting two console generations at this point.
>>
>>337742286
It's the logical next FF HD release they'll do, plus it was leaked by the composer last year. It's a matter of when, not if
>>
Where do you guys stand on the gambit system? I for one loved setting up perfect gambits and then watching your dudes down a boss with almost no input from you, hella satisfying. The only dumb part is that the commands should all be unlocked from the beginning.
>>
>>337741000
That's a weird way of saying "Final Fantasy VII".
>>
If you mean shittiest, 25.
>>
>>337741357
You have shit taste my friend.
>>
>>337740406
Had to play Xenoblade to appreciate what XII tried to do but didn't quite achieve
>>
>>337745469
Xenoblade was basically just XII with better gameplay, but the two stories scratched a very different itch. I liked XII because it was closer to Tactics story-wise, with a lot of focus on the political shit going on behind the scenes.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.