[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I made this thread yesterday but I couldn't get to reply
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
I made this thread yesterday but I couldn't get to reply before it got archived.

So, I got FF XIII for free and I was wondering if it's any good and warrants my time investment.

Most people said it's shit, while others suggested me to try it.

I said I like JRPGs like DQ and SMT, but that I never played any other Final Fantasy game before, to which one anon replied

>Don't play it. At least don't let this be your first FF game.

So what to do? Do I just skip this game altogether or it's worth a try?

Also why do all the girls look the same? I checked the manual and they're all pink haired.
>>
>>337739051
How about you play it and find out for yourself you retard.
>>
>>337739051
Honestly OP, I would say to at least play FF 4, 6, 7, ect...Some of the good/classic ones before trying this. it's not bad, it's a decent cinematic experience and the story is at least interesting due to its presentation.

Game play consists of fighting tedious turn based battles as you progress through corridor like environments. It's supposed to open up a lot about 15-20 hours in, but the corridor shit bored me to death before I got to that point.
>>
>>337739161
/thread
>>
Try it. I did and I liked it. Most people hate it but don't let other's opinion cloud your judgement. I mean, it's free anyway might as well give it a shot
>>
I'm not sure what to say.
It's a very lineal, story-driven RPG. It has a very slow start. There's very little exposition, so reading the journal/enciclopedia thingy after every cutscene is a must if you want to understand the world/lore.

It's a very different FF, so if it's your first please don't consider it the standard for the others. It's a FF only in name.

I had a good time with it, but you need to invest a good chunk of time.
>>
File: ff13 chocobo pulse.jpg (199 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ff13 chocobo pulse.jpg
199 KB, 1280x720
>>337739051
>So, I got FF XIII for free and I was wondering if it's any good and warrants my time investment.
It really isn't as bad as people say.
I personally picked it up for dirt cheap couple years ago, despite having heard all sorts of shit about it.

The BEGINNING really didn't even try to prove all the bad claims about it wrong, but luckily, to my own surprise as well, the more I played, the more entertaining and hooking it became. It's not GOTYAY or best JRPG ever in any sense, but it's FAR from the "worst crap ever" -category. A solid 7/10 experience IMO.

The sequels fixed, expanded and improved many things, especially pacing and gameplay. Up to you whether you like the direction they went with the plot and cast, but they're not hideous either. I found especially LR to be total blast, easily my 2014's GOTY. The 13-2 was simply fun, easily 8/10 at least.
>>
>>337739051

I'm playing it right now and is not as bad as people make it out to be, the only part I hate is the J-drama aspect, sometimes it works but most of the time is pretty stupid and overplayed, everything else is pretty good. If liniearity is a problem for you then you're gonna hate the first half.
>>
>>337739051
It's not good for a first time FF player. The story is too nuanced and the characters too deep for first time players. To fully appreciate the game, you'd need to be familiar with in media red and the subtleties that comes with it, as well as being open to philisophical musings.
>>
FFXIII is garbage, and not just as a FF game.

The only reason to play it is because FFXIII-2 is ok.
>>
>>337739051
>F A V O R I T O S
Spanish is so goofy sometimes
>>
>>337739967
I disagree with you, but whatev.
I find it to be far more enjoyable FF game than some previous ones.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.