[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Dark souls 3 isn't as interconnected as the first one!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Interconnected.jpg (63 KB, 1137x640) Image search: [Google]
Interconnected.jpg
63 KB, 1137x640
>Dark souls 3 isn't as interconnected as the first one! It's all just a bunch of random areas smashed together!
ITT:Memes you wish would die.
>>
>>337729090
>Dark souls 3 isn't as interconnected as the first one! It's all just a bunch of random areas smashed together!

it's true though
>>
File: JewLover.jpg (38 KB, 1137x640) Image search: [Google]
JewLover.jpg
38 KB, 1137x640
Also, the Yuria is best waifu meme. She"s a dirty jew fucker.

>>337729209
How so?
>>
>>337729090
Those are some pretty bare streets.

I figured the whole town was abandoned.
>>
>>337729090
the subareas are interconnected well, but it completely lacks the "whole world" cohesion of dark souls. there's no "climbing up some ladders" and suddenly emerging back at the first area of the game or something like that. the interconnections are almost exclusively shortcuts within the same area.
>>
It doesn't circle around on itself as well as DS1 did. But thats mostly because its not vertically aligned as much.

I think it did a good job but I would have liked to have a few moments where after taking a shortcut I ended up in previous early zones instead of just near the beginning of the current zone.
>>
>>337729090
It's literally the same design as DS2 and Demon's Souls. Each area is it's own "zone" which are interconnected in a sense. The only difference between 2 and 3 is that in 3 you can see landmarks with 15 year old textures.

Dark Souls 1 is the only truly singular interconnected world.
>>
>>337729507
Not him but
>transitory lands

In all seriousness the game world isn't as connected as DS1. This is realized when you find out you can only warp to Firelink, and emphasized when you find out you can only warp to Lothric.

The way the levels themselves all sprawl about, though? That's tits and is a step above 2, especiallu regarding environment design.
>>
>>337731331
Yeah, the individual areas loop around on themselves, rather than areas being connected to each other in several ways. The design is a little closer to BB in that way.
>>
Areas are only connected from the end on one area to the beginning of another. There's zero shortcuts between areas. That's not interconnectitivity. It's like connecting your little train set railroad. Mostly linear with a branching path or two.
>>
>>337729090
If we are talking about the inter-connectivity of The levels between one another, There are minimal connections between them.

NOW, If we are talking about the inter connectivity of the progress route within each level, and ignoring connectivity between levels, There is a much more inter connectivity.
>>
The fact that you start with the ability to teleport to bonfires instantly ruins it anyway.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.