[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
my people, sons and daughters of helghan...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (10 KB, 240x259) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10 KB, 240x259
my people, sons and daughters of helghan...
>>
>>337699161
Fuck off with your meme game
>>
I'm not sure does the game try to justify genocide or does it try to be ISA propaganda on purpose.
>>
>>337699757
But Anon, the only genocide in the series was committed by the Helghast
>>
new killzone when
>>
>>337699860
Haven't played kill zone 3 have you? You basically wipe out most of the planet
>>
>>337700048
You make every living being explode on the planet because Sev couldn't allow the antagonist escape.

Spoiler: He did escape anyway.
>>
>>337700048
I have played it, how well do you remember it anon? Because I remember the Helghan planning to genocide Vekta, when trying to take the weapons to Earth the ISA destroyed the ship. Helghast genocided themselves
>>
>>337700552
sorry, I meant planning to commit genocide on Earth.
>>
>>337700552
Yeah but the sev guy is the one who shoots it down causing it to spread everywhere
>>
In the time you have given me, I have rebuilt our nation, I have rebuilt our strength, AND I HAVE REBUILD OUR PRIDE!

10/10 intro
>>
>>337700684
>generic Hitler-mimicing speech
>good
By now they are fucking unoriginal and corny. The scene in Star Wars VII was fucking embarassing.
>>
>>337700683
Sev shot it down because it was a weapon that was going to be used on Earth.
>>
>>337700872

Visari's speech was good Hitler impression, Whatshisname's speech from SW was shitty Hitler impression

there's nothing wrong with enjoying the classics
>>
>>337700903
The cruiser was already shot down. Sev just nuked it just in case.
>>
>>337700001
November. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeF3UTkCoxY
>>
>>337701095
No, Stahl was landing it on Helghan, it was shot down but Stahl managed to stop it from crashing. Did you think Stahl was just going to give up on his plans of killing every human on Earth? The ship still worked, and the weapons were still on board.
>>
>>337700552
Remember that Helghan was basically enslaved by ISA before that.
>>
>>337701897
Helghast chose to go to Helghan, then chose to fight and exterminate the ISA. They aren't some innocent group of people.
>>
>>337701197
The ship was almost devoid of crew and incapable of combat. It was doing a crash landing. It posed no imminent threat to anybody except the planet itself when it was about to crash land to the surface.
There is absolutely no justification for the nuke, even less than the real ones dropped in 45.
>>
>>337699161
>run Killzone PS2 disc in PS3
>the intro cinematic jitters and stutters

What did they mean by this?
>>
>>337702138
bullshit. It was incapable of combat at the time, but could fly and be landed. It would only be a short time before it was simply re-crewed and sent back up to complete its mission. It could be fixed and sent back up before any more ISA reinforcements could stop it. The final nuke was to destroy it, they didn't even know it would cause a chain reaction killing Helghan.

Again, it was the Helghast's own damn fault for creating a weapon to genocide another planet. They don't get to create a weapon, try to use it, then cry foul when they fail and the result is the death of their own people
>>
>>337702515
>the workings of one military company represent the whole civilian population of Helghan
Also don't forget that the ISA has Sevchenco with literally impenetrable plot armor. That crashed ship would've been cleared in matter of minutes by ISA troops.
>>
File: Rico_in_Killzone2.jpg (22 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Rico_in_Killzone2.jpg
22 KB, 500x281
>Completely useless gameplay wise
>Absolute asshole, cannot stop swearing
>Gets other good characters killed because he's a complete fucking idiot
>Fucks up the entire war and makes everything worst for no good reason
Is there a worst character in videogames? Not joking here, I don't remember anyone that does half the shit that this guy gets away with.
>>
>>337702850
>Guys, we should just let them go, I'm sure the Helghast people, who have already invaded Vekta once, had their leader killed, and collectively despise us will not use this weapon at all.

Yeah, good plan.
>>
>>337703189
You have nukes and military targets for that. You do not have to commit genocide to avoid genocide.
>>
>>337702014
>Helghan corp bought two planets rich in minerals from the Earth Federation
>Vekta turned out to be wildly profitable
>Earth butthurt because they couldnt get a slice of that pie to fund their wars
>Earth invades Vekta and BTFO'd the Helghan corp, forcing them to evacuate to Helghast
>Descendants of the Earth federation settled in Vekta, forming ISA and keeping the Helghans down
>Helghans decided to fight back and reclaim their former homeland

HURR SPACE NAZIS ARE THE BAD GUYS

None of them are the good guys.
>>
>>337703557
The ISA had no idea this was going down, no fleet was in the area. In fact the Vekta believed they were at peace. In addition, they were firing only to destroy the ship, they had no idea it would cause the destruction of the planet. If they didn't fire, the Helghast could easily fix the ship, and finish things off.

So no, simply leaving was not an option

>>337703559
Earth fought back because Helghan was essentially holding the planet hostage. Earth was a broke shithole which depended on its colonies, whose supplies passed through Helghan space.

You are right though, no one side is "good"[/spoiler}
>>
>>337703151
>Doesn't have any great lines like, "What the fuck is a Shakespeare?"

I wish they kept 1's variety with multiple playable characters with their own little quirks. Rico's fucking assault cannon minigun with under barrel rocket launcher was fucking neat, not his lame ass Not-M249 generic real world gun in space bullshit he had for the rest of the series.
>>
>>337703151
Rico is almost as much of a shit as Eric Sparrow. Almost.
>>
>>337699161
Don't to talk to me or my people, sons and daughters of helghan ever again.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.