[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why no supernatural twist ending? 1 had the cursed zombie treasure
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (295 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
295 KB, 1024x576
Why no supernatural twist ending?

1 had the cursed zombie treasure

2 had the yeti/purple guys

3 had the djin

Did the last of us
turn Naughty dog into super serious, no fun allowed?
>>
Pretty much
>>
i think it's because the worst parts of playing the game were always the supernatural parts, so they just said ah fuck it
>>
4 was way more "light" than TLOU or even Uncharted 3 tho.

Based Sam and Sully
>>
>>337695308
It did have a supernatural twist anon.

An undersized woman beat the hell out of 2 grown experienced athletic men
>>
>>337695308
The developers decided to go in a different direction in terms of story.

They went to uncharted territory.
>>
since there was no supernatural during the campaign i thought a clicker or some shit was going to appear in the epilogue. i'm retarded, but also disappointed. guess it isn't mature enough.
>>
>>337696102

I sure hope they don't sully their reputation with this new direction
>>
>>337695983
She had bigger biceps than Drake.
>>
3's was worse, it didn't have the balls to commit to either way so you were left with something kinda maybe supernatural, but also just drugs in the water supply.

At least 4 didn't throw in a half assed supernatural element, and actually told its story of what happened to Libatalia 1000% better than 2 or 3 did for thier lost city's.

I wish there had been a supernatural twist for consistencies sake, but I don't know how they could have gone about it without it being lame (EG the gold cursed everyone with insatiable greed), or a rehash of a rehash (turning colonists into some kind of monster).
>>
>>337695960
It was definitely more light hearted than the last of us, but compared to the other 3 uncharted games it was kind of boring. Oh cool more army guys
>>
There was no djin in 3, it was just drugs doing hallucinations.
>>
>>337696424
I was hoping for a pirates of the Caribbean cursed gold ending
>>
Fuck, as flawed as the series is, by fuck does 4 have some sweet action sequences.

>That whole car chase after leaving the clocktower
That was fucking sick and most games would make it a QTE. So hype.
>>
>>337695308
They lost it's touch, it started with 3.

3 was all over the place and didn't even implement the supernatural element how it probably wanted too. Here a video for reference:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY5OA0QKEFQ

UC4 looks like it's going to be a rent or used buy for me, tbqf
>>
>>337696696
>They lost it's touch, it started with 3.

Lel.

U4=U2>TLOU>U3>U1
>>
>>337696314
I hope our pun game doesn't crash soon.
>>
>>337696774
2>1>3>4 in my opinion
>>
>>337695308
It's all Druckman's fault. Andy and Jason knew how to have fun. They made Crash and Jak. Then they laid the framework for Uncharted and left Druckman in charge and we got TLoU and Uncharted 3 and 4. How come the new guys just aren't as good as the old guys?
>>
>>337697043
But anon Uncharted 4 is best Uncharted
>>
>>337696368
Biceps are meme muscles, they don't do shit in a fight
>>
>>337697007

It shouldn't unless some shitposter tries to hijak it
>>
>>337697206
But not as fun. Everyone's like "I'm old now," and the devs are like "we're too mature for fat people," and there's no more supernatural elements, and no more racist stereotypes, and Drake and his bro gets beat up by a black lady. It's not fun anymore. It's trying too hard to be mature.
>>
>>337697206
There are more shootouts in the first 5 chapters of Uncharted 1 than the entirety of 4.
There was too much platforming and useless shit like young Drake.
2 is still the best by a mile.
>>
>>337696696
UC4 is a far better game than any of the previous Uncharted games. The gameplay is far more nuanced and interesting.

The story has a different tone to it, but it's also far more compelling than the games that came before it. Not as many setpieces but far more interesting characters and motivations.
>>
>>337695956
I completely agree
>>
Because it became predictable and a dumb trope that each game had to almost force its way to a supernatural ending every time.
>>
I thought it was because this one was focused on betrayal and what thieves have always been like.

As in, there's no supernatural stuff, just the worst humanity has to offer.
>>
I'm more disappointed that the big climax of the game is just walking through a spooky cave for an hour and shooting people on a beach when you get out.
>>
>>337695983
This is why I dislike games nowadays. Full of dumb faggot bullshit like that.
>>
>actually wanting another bullshit supernatural twist

hint: if they did it again it wouldn't really be a "twist" would it?
>>
Spoilers obviously, but

I was hoping for a grander motive for Avery to gather infamous pirates and steal their treasure. Like, hide it from everyone in attempt to atone and 'save' all the Librtalians from their sins or something, tying St. Dismas more into the theme. Instead, he was just greedy and paranoid. Wtf was the building a utopia in the name of a penitent theif?
>>
How much of the game is left it gets back to the boat scene from the beginning of the game and you wash up on the island?
>>
>>337703393
>No super secret pirate weapon built by a colony of co-operating pirates to blast the shit out of the british navy

I guess the theme is that seeking fortune is bullshit, and that all fortune seekers inevitably become consumed by their own greed, no matter how noble their intentions were, thus acting like an ironic parallel to the Drake Brothers' + Rafe's own lust for adventure.

But super secret naval weapon built by pirate illuminati would have been more dank.
>>
>>337695983
>>337702001
Isn't it rather that she had martial arts experience while Nate and Sam don't? At least that's what I choose to believe.
>>
All the reviews of this game talk about how mature the story and and how it's a character study.

I don't get it, this is supposed to be a modern day Indiana Jones/Tomb Raider game with good set pieces and fun. Who cares about studying these characters, that's like a Mario game about his relationship with his dad. Who gives a shit?

God, Naufhry Dog has really sunk from Jak and Daxter.
>>
>>337703913
none of what she does has anything to do with martial arts. She wins with brute strength
>>
>>337703668
A lot I'd say. Took me like 10 hours from that point to finish it. Granted, I was taking my time, but I'd still say that getting washed up on the shore is the middle of the game.
>>337704236
I need to believe something as not to get too mad.
>>
>>337703841
I'd take it. Any kind of big reveal towards the end would have been great.
Instead they went for an ending that surprised noone.
>>
it had some magic pirates who managed to build some of the most elaborate mechanical contraptions in history, despite having no knowledge of mechanical systems or stoneworking
>>
>>337704363
I'm guessing they made it anti-climactic on purpose. I mean, by the end the only people who cared about the treasure were Sam and Rafe. Everyone else had had enough, including Nadine. Nathan didn't even want to treasure anymore, he was tired of all that shit, and just wanted to go home and procreate with his waifu. The actual find is as disappointing to the player as it is to Nate.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.