[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is he right, /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: Metal Gear Solid 2 popularity.jpg (235 KB, 408x2652) Image search: [Google]
Metal Gear Solid 2 popularity.jpg
235 KB, 408x2652
Is he right, /v/?
>>
Maybe but I think those charts you cite aren't made up but instead made by people who have already been influenced by made up charts who now genuinely believe those belong on the top of the charts.
>>
>>337690463

Bioshock Infinite and The Last of Us are better games than Metal Gear Solid 2.

Also Dorito Pope loves Kojima.
>>
>>337690809
This. At least they have game play, which is somthing I look for in a game.

If Kojima wanted to right a story with his head up his ass, he should have wrote a book
>>
People watch and play popular shit because they want to have something to talk about with other people. If you watch some really obscure shit you're never going to make another connection with a human being and be able to talk about it. You're wasting your time.
>>
>>337691015

Kojima doesn't actually write the dialogue for his games, Fukushima and Murata do that for him.
>>
MGSV got high reviews when it was unfinished and shit, so yeah.
>>
>>337690463
>MGS2
>a direct criticism of sequels, popularity and memetic influence on the general public. An appeal for people to think for themselves and create their own legacies.
>widely seen as a weak game in the franchise and outright hated by casual fans

>MGS3
>a james bond flick with conflicting gameplay concepts
>muh boss, muh snake eater, best game ever 10/10. subsistence camera only way to play thank you kojima

>All other sequels kept the series as a confused, braindead third-person shooter.

We could've kept Kojima as a brilliant, brave artist, but we just had to break him, didn't we?
>>
Look up the reviews on Gone Home and Her Story on metacritic and see your faith in everything shatter.
>>
>>337691174
Yes, because I consume my entertainment in order to socialize with other people.
>>
>>337691174
This is stupid enough to be true for a lot of people. Still, I'm not gonna consume things I don't enjoy for others, that would actually be a waste of time.
>>
File: how far we've fallen.png (76 KB, 651x452) Image search: [Google]
how far we've fallen.png
76 KB, 651x452
>>337691284
>>
>>337691015
>Bioshock infinite has gameplay
maybe if you like hand-holding no difficulty bullshit
>Right
the weird part is you used the write form of them word after you used the wrong form of it.
>>
>>337691712
if your only joy in life is to consume and socialize you'll be able to tell yourself you enjoy those things.
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 296x293) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 296x293
>>337690809
>>337691015
Kill yourselves.
>>
>>337691282
the thing is though, MGS2 wasn't very fun to play which is kind of a bummer considering the fact that it's a video game. no amount of interesting critique or thoughtful social commentary will change that (especially since the interesting bit is at the end of the game).
>>
>>337691015
>Bioshock Infinite
>gameplay

10/10 bait you actually got me to feel worried for you
>>
>>337692169
I disagree, the game was immense fun to play with the really quick pacing and constant addition of new concepts like body part damage, room-clearing AI, tranquilizer guns, use of light and shadow, among others.

Add to that the extremely extensive VR mode Substance added that takes advantage of all the game's mechanics and you've got a much deeper metagame than what the series had shown possible up to that point.
>>
>>337690463

>The last of us
>Bad

You shits love RE2 but hate on the closest thing to it we've got in many many years.
>>
>>337691174
>You're wasting your time.

Nah. I played Xenoblade X, weeks straight alone in a dark room and it was one of the best experiences of the year.

Sure I needed to recondition myself for the real world and get my life back together afterwards, but it was worth it.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.