[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"But there's loads of shit to do. No way you've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: WoW logo.png (445 KB, 800x326) Image search: [Google]
WoW logo.png
445 KB, 800x326
"But there's loads of shit to do. No way you've done all the old content. No fucking way you have every single achievement."

..Achievements are an uninteresting method of motivation. The gameplay is fun and deep? Neat. That becomes obvious if the zones are full, the AH is thriving, characters are needed for their professions and their role in progression. If these are non-existent, what is there to be discussing?
>>
File: wrth54ey.png (57 KB, 612x313) Image search: [Google]
wrth54ey.png
57 KB, 612x313
>"dude this rusty spoon has so much content if you're willing to hammer your testicles with it 10 hours a day!"

retailcucks really are the worst
>>
I actually just reinstalled for the promotion. It'd odd not having a definite reason to go in the colorful zones and explore. Literally everything's a queue or available in the garrison.
>>
there is a ton of content but 95% of it is dated and there's no real reason for anyone to do it. Steam rolling through old raids by yourself isn't fun.
>>
File: Scientific Motivation.png (51 KB, 1103x380) Image search: [Google]
Scientific Motivation.png
51 KB, 1103x380
>>337685903
>It's not challenging
Then it's not very fun.
>>
It's really sad how much Blizzard lets old content go to waste. I've been playing on the free time the last few days leveling a new character and everything that isn't from the current or previous expansion is just completely trivialized. You burn through zones in a few quests often unable to even see a full questline without outleveling in, every enemy in the world dies super quick and presents no threat, low level dungeons are just filled with people in full heirloom gear oneshotting enemies and burning down bossses while ignoring mechanics, PvP (bgs, arenas, and world) all have those same heirloomed dudes oneshotting you, etc.

This game has over a decade's worth of old content sitting there unused, all in the name of rushing everybody to endgame. Hell at this point they might as well just autoboost every new character to 90 or 100 and do away with any pretense that anything else is worthwhile
>>
>>337686032
I can't imagine leveling would be fun even if it was more like vanilla. It's playing a class that's underdeveloped in, e.g., PvP that isn't tuned for it, now with OP gear that scales with every single level almost to max.

Pretty sure enchants and gems scale now as well, so all of the mats from previous xpacs are basically non-existent; and professions don't require those mats either.
>>
>>337684586

Some achievements can be fun, if they involve doing things you enjoy and reward you with something you want.

I'm doing the Raiding With Leashes achievement because I enjoy running old raids, I enjoy collecting pets and the achievement rewards me with more pets for collecting pets.

That is the exception to the rule though.
>>
I remember NPCs being harder. They also took out the random spook elites that hid everywhere
>Leveling Tauren Druid in Barrens
>Elite Raptors come sprinting up and fucking rip you apart
>Leveling Undead Priest
>Hear frantic screams and chat filling with cries for help because a Son of Arugal was loose
>Stiches
>>
>>337686607
Have you seen what legion leveling is like? People are reaching 110 in a few hours. I know that's only 10 levels up but still, 10 levels in vanilla and TBC could be brutal depending on where you're leveling. Plus traveling back and forth to hand in quests on a completely different continent. WoW just lost its sense of adventure.
>>
>>337688651
I would still claim that adventure is based on stuff to do and not if the area / game has already been played. Games like DayZ and Arma still have a really deep sense of exploration and dangerous traversal, especially Arma, where guns are abundant.
>>
>>337686607
Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to say that legacy servers would be a million times better and save the game or anything. I just wish that the game did a bit more to make old content relavent, or at least dungeons.

While I know people love to argue about which MMO is the best I just want to sidestep that and talk about how FFXIV does that particular thing well. Giving the option to sync to the intended level and gear stats of a particular dungeon makes it so that even a max level player can go back to the first dungeon and play it as it was intended, and by giving a reward for doing so you ensure that those endgame players are constantly running that old content. All of this works much better for group leveling content than WoW's approach of just having people blaze through it to level and then never touch it again
>>
I've lost all motivation to play and with my sub up in a few days it'll be so until Legion.

I unironically enjoyed archaeology though getting zinrohk took sporadic farming over the course of 4 years but the idea of logging in every day to do dailies, to get rep for shit nobody cares about just to get more mounts and pets for more achieves makes me sick

the argent tourney dailies alone behind gating take 1 hour to complete if you're fast now farm 500 tokens so you get all the moutns then do it again on horde

it's all nonsense depending on how you look at it, i find current raiding to be nonsense but thats what most people do
>>
>>337684586
Achievements are forever, progression and gear becomes worthless
>>
>>337689513
>reward for previous content?
Like? WoW seems to have a lot of problems with reward options.
>>
>>337689083
That's a fair point. A lot of things in video games are subjective. There are people that tell me tomb raider is a shit adventure series. These same people think Indiana jones and the Emperors tomb was the best adventure game ever. Everyone has a different perception. However, from my point of view, those people are fucking morons. But from your view, you make a valid point.
>>
>>337691108
It's nothing to do with subjetivity. Those games have danger, and it thus feels like it. WoW doesn't.

>>337690487
Irrelevant. Some dude leveled up a Pandaren without picking a faction. At 90, it was some 170d /played, literally only doing gathering and pet battles (and he got to 100). Does that suggest he was having fun? His popularity for that will probably outlast the character being played, but that doesn't make the experience entertaining.

Gear rewards would be dank AF if players could get legendaries and whatever else that didn't actually last. It would be consistent content, with highs and lows of fun based on how powerful the character is.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.