[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what's the verdict? I'm thinking of getting this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (303 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
303 KB, 1920x1080
So what's the verdict? I'm thinking of getting this on one of the cdkeys websites for cheap.

Please no shill answers like "I like it, it's fun, I love it".

Is there reason to worry about the linearity? The streamlining? The infinite ammo? QTEs? Will the online be fun?
>>
read one of the other 20 threads in the catalogue fucking retard

since youre too stupid to do that i doubt you are mentally quick enough to be able to play this game desu
>>
I think the levels are great. Im not that far in but they still give you some backtracking. I dont know what you consider streamlining since all you do in the first doom is clikc, move your mouse and press wasd and space so im not going to address that, why are you worried about ammo in a doom game?, the online is a little bland since its a watered down ut2004 but the demons mix it up a little
>>
I like it, it's fun, I love it.
>>
>>337682090
I played the muti player beta and was not impressed, I'm happy to tell you the single player is great so far.

Playing it on Ultra difficulty and I'm finding it a real challenge. QTE's are over in a fraction of a second, and I find they don't ruin the pace of the game. The levels seem really well designed and there's multiple ways to get to the same location.

It's one of those type of games where I felt if I hyped it up, I'd end up being disappointed. The whole time I didn't have to much hope it would be anything more than another generic FPS but I was pleasantly impressed. If you take your nostalgia goggles off and appreciate it for what it is, a modern interpretation of an old shooter, i think you'll have a lot of fun with it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Aqdh0RNWrg

lmao
>>
>>337682090
It's fun
>>
>>337682090
I love it
>>
>>337682090
the single player is fast. it feels like what a modern doom game should be.

the levels aren't linear and are actually fuckhuge
>>
File: 1448143029834.jpg (117 KB, 537x810) Image search: [Google]
1448143029834.jpg
117 KB, 537x810
>Enemies

Don't look as good as original doom. Their AI seems decent enough. They run and jump around a LOT. Higher difficulty does not add more enemies, it merely raises enemy damage output.

>Levels

I'm only halfway but really good so far. The first couple levels are just tutorials but after that they open up more. I didn't expect them to actually have you find Keycards to open doors but they actually did it which is cool. Finding the secrets after clearing out a level can be pretty rewarding. You have a nifty map too.

>Gameplay

Movement is excellent. Mantling objects works well and your momentum is maintained across jumps. I haven't gotten double jump yet. Some people don't like the fact that the Chainsaw requires Fuel but I actually like it as a gameplay system. Basically the Chainsaw is a "Get Ammo"/Instakill button. Stronger enemies require more Fuel. Non-chainsaw kill animations on the other hand are to get more health. You can also find plenty med packs and health stations around. The power ups are fucking amazing, one makes you go berserk and you can one-shot everything with your fists.

Overall I enjoy it quite a bit. Picture unrelated.
>>
>>337682090
You know what OP; It's fun, and for that' I like it and love it.
>>
>>337682707

Tend to agree here, and seconding playing it on Ultra-Violence from the start. The difficulty feels like the right mix of challenge without being bullshit. Enemies do lots of damage and health pickups heal much less.

Turn off the stupid fucking glory kill glow effect though. It looks dumb and it makes you actually pay attention to the enemy visual cues.
>>
>>337682090
pretty fun though i got it for 30
>>
>>337683297
where?
>>
>>337682090
If you can get it for less than $40, I'd go for it.

The single-player is a masterpiece by modern standards, is pretty long (if you actually explore) and has decent replayability through the upgrades and difficulty.

Multiplayer and, to a lesser extent, Snapmap, are disappointments, but they are fun for a couple hours apiece. I'd say it's worth the money.
>>
>New game
It's shit, obviously. It will be good in about 2-3 years.
>>
>>337682090
>if i like a video game it's sh-shilling
>>
>>337683697
on g2a but i think its sold out now
>>
>>337682090
>You can see his eye

Fuck, I never noticed that. He looks furious.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.