[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Falcom thread Let's talk about Tokyo Xanadu. Why is it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 204
Thread images: 24
File: tx.png (152 KB, 960x712) Image search: [Google]
tx.png
152 KB, 960x712
Falcom thread

Let's talk about Tokyo Xanadu. Why is it so shit?

The gameplay is both monotonely easy, cause most enemies can be defeated by spamming the charge attack, and annoying, cause in you often get stun-locked by enemies in small arenas with enviromental harazards. The dungeons are also samey as shit, just corridors and rooms with different textures.

But the biggest problem is the story and characters.

The progress is made using the annoying structrure of each chapter focusing on a new character, wach having the basic cliched version of their character type's story, e.g. you end up with cliched hiki-hacker story, cliched youth gang leader story, cliched idol story etc. And then after their role is over they just kinda awkwardly hang out in the back, only getting spotlight sporadically.

The main story is cliched to hell and back, the main twist obvious from the very first hazy flashbacks Kou has, but its potential emotional weight ruined by asspull extra ending anyway.

Add in obnoxious pander in making the main heroine obvious Asuna copy and putting a lot of focus on cliched idol group, even recreating it real life, and you get a feeling like TX is extremely calculated product. But at the same time they won't even allow you to actually date one of the girls of your chosing, cause that would ruin the obvious cliched twist.

What was Kondou-shachou thinking with this?

The truly fearsome thing is howerer the thought of Persona 5 ending up the same. I hope friends at Atlus will know better.
>>
>>337681019
>What was Kondou-shachou thinking with this?
We want the Persona audience.

Is XSEED porting this eventually? They ported Popolocro story of seasons and no one gave a shit about it.
>>
>>337681274
>Is XSEED porting this eventually?

I dunno, but if they don't you're not losing much.
>>
>>337681350
I like to play Falcom shit, even if just for completion sake.
>>
>>337681404
Understandable, but this is even worse than Sen no Kisekis.
>>
>>337681614
Probably they wasted all the ideas on kiseki. They need to get another writer with fresh idea.
>>
>>337681996
More like they should stop with the calculated pander.
>>
File: ss+(2016-05-13+at+11.46.42).jpg (87 KB, 300x662) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-05-13+at+11.46.42).jpg
87 KB, 300x662
Is Toxana even worth a try? Tempted to play it since Falgaku has been covering it for months, probably due to lack of games to parody.
>>
I started Cold Steel yesterday. I'm 7 hours in and still on my first free day. Takes so long to talk to everyone. But I don't wanna skip anyone in case I miss something important. Is this autism? Fuck they change dialogue whenever time passes.
>>
>>337682372
Before I played it I was pretty hyped for it based on pre-release hype, so I can see why you'd be intrested in trying it, but it's really nothing special. Cliched to hell and back and feeling too calculated, like I mentioned in my opening post.
>>
>>337682216
Yes but you need someone to tell them that.
>>
>>337682615
Considering TX sales were high, I think we're fucked.
>>
I just want Sen 3 to be released for the this trainwreck of an arc to be over with. 3+ years of Sen with 0 new development on Septerrion is pure suffering.
>>
>>337682372
I wouldn't recommend it.

The gameplay is some sort of mix betweem kiseki and Ys which probably would have worked if not for the linear corridors getting in the way all the time.

Story is awfully bad, OP nailed it in his post. It's hard to care about a bunch of walking stereotypes that exists in pretty much every anime.
>>
>>337682789
Yeah, Japan seems like it, for whatever reason they have. Yesterday i watched some nico live of TX let's play and they literally play the game because they like the fashion of the characters.
>>
>>337682879
>>337682597
That sucks, I thought this'll be another Nayuta no Kiseki with cliched but engaging story, great music, and fun gameplay.
>>
>>337682849
Next arc in Calvard?
>>
>>337683104
surely they won't rely on Chinese cliche and shoehorn in shit like pandas, 3 Kingdom characters, 4 gods, and meatbuns right?
>>
>>337681350
>>337681019
Most people I know that speak Japanese said it was enjoyable and gameplay looks solid. How about we wait for to come out first before you try forcing opinions onto people?
>>
>>337683104
Isn't that the mmo they announced sometime ago?
>>
>>337683168
I always got the impression that Calvard wasn't that far east, their politics sound very American and their ruler is called President Rocksmith.
The oriental stuff supposedly comes from further east still.
>>
>>337683181
Yeah, posting a thread is forcing my opinion on everyone. You just can't stop seeing it, right?

Also check out those amazing reviews.. oh wait.
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00YE24EDO/
Try Google Translating them and you'll see the faults mentioned constantly.
>>
>>337681019
Why are people so set on telling others how much they don't enjoy a game, before most can even play it?
I feel like it comes with being a social recluse that learns Japanese, a sort of elitism complex that needs to vent and force opinions to find some validity towards oneself.

I don't get it, what's the point? There's probably a handful of people here that can even understand it. It tends to be a case where the games end up good anyways, because I find most of you guys have a comprimised and miserable existence.
>>
Nayuta no Kiseki was pretty good on other hand, a shame we never got it officially.

>>337682216
This one was specifically designed by a younger generation of falcom designer, right?
>>
>>337683181
>>337683440
oh no one other person who spoke Japanese and played it thought the gameplay and story is lackluster, how dare he have a dissenting opinion!
>>
I finished Sen 1 this week. Fuck that final boss was annoying, having to relay on Rean countering shit at the end. I was kinda low leveled on hard, but I read grinding would've actually helped even in that unique fight.

How you think Ys 8 looks to be shaping up? It seems extremely 7-like, which is to be expected. At least the Dana footage from that latest trailer looked very Origin-like, going solo through a big dungeon level.
>>
>>337683426
Why would Japanese Amazon reviews matter? They are bombed no mater the game most of the time.

It got a good score on Famitsu, you are free to show me some actual reviews.
>>
>>337683426
Dude, it's amazon review, they are right, but the sales proving they are just loud minorities. I remember SC Evo also has shit reviews but the sales still make chara-ani smiles.
>>
>>337683472
I think its stupid ans preemptive to pretend people sjould care what he thinks because he played somethijg first. At this point, its merely a circle jerk of the 3 other Japanese guys here mixed with shitposters that would say the game is bad anyways.

In the end, its pointless, he's only doing this to exhibit a complex, not to engage and discussion and meet resisitence.
>>
>>337683565
>trusting Famitsu
Jesus, you're hopeless.

But yeah, totally Amazon reviews full of details describing the games pluses and minuses are just angry people bombing the reviews.
>>
File: 1445343046154.png (1 MB, 845x1120) Image search: [Google]
1445343046154.png
1 MB, 845x1120
>>337683545
The framerate in 8 looks abysmal.
>>
>>337683545
Final boss was interesting in concept but I felt it was really down to luck to win.
He would unbalance me out of nowhere and win at the end, even when I did everything perfectly.

Still a really good game
>>
>>337683713
I care what he has to say because the game looks like cliche high school shit but I'm tempted to play because it's Falcom
>>
>>337683717
How is amazon more trust worthy? They bomb anything.

What's your PSN anyways? I can message you.
>>
>>337683601
Looks like SC Evo has 4 stars average. Looking at an 2 star review.
引継選択時にステータスを引き継がないと、装備等を引き継いでも中途半端に消失してしまうし、
トロフィー関係は、過去シリーズに比べて「意地悪さ」を感じる仕様が多いです。

Woah woah woah did he seriously said you can't carry over gear and quartz in NG+!?
>>
File: ys1+2.jpg (56 KB, 362x500) Image search: [Google]
ys1+2.jpg
56 KB, 362x500
>Have to defeat a mob of the strongest non-boss enemies in the game to get access to the strongest weapons in the game
>Can't use those weapons 5 minutes later

IT'S OK WHEN FALCOM DOES IT
>>
>>337683813
>They bomb anything.
Totally, they bomb it by fairly describing pluses and minuses and drawing conclusions based on them.

>What's your PSN anyways? I can message you.
I already sold the game and my Vita. Do you want to see my resell receipt for it? You seem unable to accept someone played the game and disliked it.
>>
>>337683732
Did you watch the video? He was just doing perfect dodge and flash guard, which slows down time.

The transition is less obvious, but the framerate was pretty normal. You can see the same assets on screen and the game running full speed in the exact same scenes too.
>>
>>337683935
To make the game feel longer.
>>
>>337682469
Is harder trying to memorise the names but seeing recurring characters and getting to know their relationships with eachother is pretty damn cool.
>>
>>337682469
32 Hrs, beginning of Chapter 3 here. Take your time and enjoy the game. You'll usually catch hidden quest by talking to everyone usually after the Req. Quest and before you end the day.
>>
>>337683972
Not really, no.

So you sold the game and your Vita, and decided to discuss it today of all days? You still have a PSN, its required to even use a Vita.

What the fuck.
>>
>>337683995
https://youtu.be/Uqa9yJA-OAw?t=20s
Yes, the fps shat itself whenever the action gets intense
>>
>>337682469
Finished the game at 80 hours. I talked with EVERYBODY and did every single quest. I had a fucking blast.
>>
>>337684180
Those are perfect dodges/skill finishes no?
>>
>>337684134
Yeah, today I remembered my discontent with the game and decided to make a thread about it.
>>
>>337684257
To which no one can refute or discuss because most people are English speakers.
So, what's the PSN? I don't understand, it doesn't vanish with the console.
>>
>>337684250
He jumped in and the slowdown starts. I don't think that's a dodge, flashguard, nor a skill kill
>>
>>337684334
Fuck off you stalker. His post convinced me to wait for a sale if I want to try this game.
>>
>>337684357
50 seconds has the same effect, also party members could be doing skill finishers.
>>
>>337684465
Because Adol did a flashguard at 50 seconds. Adol was just running and jumping regularly before :20
>>
>>337684442
Lmao, who the fuck are you? Are you seriously posting aa someone else to cover your own ass?

Figures you would be evasive and probably do this pretty often. Makes me throw away what you have to say and look at this as a narcissitic ego trip to display some sense of worth in your pathetic life.
>>
>>337684334
https://my.playstation.com/ReadMantis

No Wifi in my room, so no trophies online, I had to travel to a nearby train station to create a PSN account initially. At least that's why I presume it shows no trophies. But hey, I can tell you the whole story of the game if you're gonna be autistic and claim I didn't play it or something.
>>
>>337684545
He jumped into a skill combo, which initiates party members to do setups. It's simply too inconsistent to tell, as well as considering new skills like a counter.

It would be better to have the celceta animation for perfect dodge to really see.
>>
>>337684587
DO NOT CALL HIM PATHETIC YOU KEK
>>
>>337684250
There's a noticeably big difference between slow-motion and low framerate. You can have slow motion at a constant framerate in video games, you don't need to compromise it like you would in conventional video. A game can and should interpolate new frames during slow motion.
>>
>>337681019
>Falcom thread
>Let's talk about Tokyo Xanadu. Why is it so shit?

I know /v/ loves to claim Tokyto Xanadu was shit.... but all they're really doing is parroting people who hate anything on the vita.

In reality... japan loved Tokyo Xanadu. It was pretty good to them. Seriously.
>>
>>337684717
You literally have nothing.
Anyone can fucking tell the story, you can merely watch or read about the game. God you're a pathetic fucking weeb that can't even find your place in a country you idolize.

I wish I could choke you with your bodypillow
>>
File: ss+(2016-05-15+at+07.27.39).png (17 KB, 422x247) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-05-15+at+07.27.39).png
17 KB, 422x247
>>337684587
>projecting
>>
>>337684927
They do it to the same degree at times like 50 secs.
That's how it worked in celceta.
>>
>It's another "people bitching about a Falcom game until it's available on PC" thread
>>
>>337685024
I can edit out (You)s in Paint too, good job.
I din't think you know what projecting is.
>>
>>337685017
>it's an ad hominim attack counterargument
>>
Who else loved watching the XMB Preview of FC before they play on their PSP?

https://youtu.be/HPBHUQur30E
>>
>>337685087
Pretty much.

Tokyo Xanadu is a fine game, and when it gets a translated PC port I really hope people stop shitposting about it the same way they did for Celceta.
>>
>>337685087
Pretty much. There's also this one faggot that shit talks any non-localized Vita title while making videos about professionally playing Pokemon.

We live in a strange time.
>>
Ysviii is looking good, fast high speed action, and dash shadows alway get me excited.
>>
File: x.jpg (1 MB, 1456x2592) Image search: [Google]
x.jpg
1 MB, 1456x2592
>>337685017
You're a salty shit that can't deal with someone knowing Japanese and being able to play what you can't. Jump from a bridge to ease your suffering.

But before that check this receipt. At least I got 4000 yen back for selling the game to Sofmap after finishing it.
>>
>>337685189
Hey a fucking loser is a fucking loser. I'm not assuming anything here.

He's doing the equivalent of force feeding people, claiming he 'sold his vita', and hating on a game most people can't even play. This isn't really discussion based, this is egotistical. Simple as him demonstrating himself as a self-fufilling asshole that should get his face rearranged
>>
>>337685283
It might be alright. Hell jumping's back in too I guess they something neat with it,
>>
>>337685463
Holy shit what 4000 yen for selling back a game? That's like an astronomical amount compared what gamestop pays for to buyback used games.
>>
>>337685463
See, I called it. This is just a measure of demonstrating a superiority complex over others and force feeding preemptive opinions, and because the title is niche, wants to meet the least resistance possible.
I can ease your suffering alright, where in Japan are you?
>>
>>337685486
thread starts with his saying why gameplay is bland and why story is cliche, you respond to those by saying he's an asshat

kys
>>
>>337685740
>his saying
Listen kid, you are just here to shitpost, not discuss.
>>
>>337685549
I hope we can do plunge attack cancels like Felghana and Origin.
>>
File: GO FIGHT.jpg (139 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
GO FIGHT.jpg
139 KB, 1280x720
>>337685087
>>337685251
>>337685254
Like always
>>
File: xx.jpg (980 KB, 2375x1175) Image search: [Google]
xx.jpg
980 KB, 2375x1175
>>337685684
Hey salty shit, I even have the receipt for the Vita and other games I had. Some of them were even good.

>>337685740
Don't bother with that faggot.
>>
>>337685892
>the best
>>
>>337685837
Same. It was pretty cool to do once you got the hang of it.
>>
There was a really good Falcom thread just yesterday.
What happened?
>>
>>337685892
Answer me, where in Japan are you? I go there yearly for business. We can meet at a bridge. See if your ego can make you float.
>>
File: v.jpg (1 MB, 1456x2592) Image search: [Google]
v.jpg
1 MB, 1456x2592
>>337685892
Btw Yomawari is another game I sold separately. The main problem with it is how slow the character moves. In horror that can be a good way to increase tension, but it doesn't really work in Yomawari, since most of the time you just slowly walk through empty streets.

>>337686093
Seek mental help, you deranged faggot.
>>
I played it and had fun. Dunno why some are bothered by it.
>>
>>337683995
It blatantly drops frames whenever a skill is used. The best example is when Adil does the one where he spins and the sword gets some sort of aura. That isn't slo-mo, it's the framerate eating shit.
The parts with the flash dodge actually looked alright.
>>
>>337685650
Yes, used games are a big bussiness in Japan and if you sell the game back reasonably fast (~within a month from release) and the game sells well enough, you'll get nice money back.

>>337686265
>state reasons in detail
>Dunno why some are bothered by it.
Probably because they have higher standards that you.
>>
>>337686030
Well there's people on this board that have varying degrees of autism, mixed in with complexes they need to force and demonstrate to others to have some sort of feeling of "belonging" and presence. Like, the kind of person in a group of people that everyone would ignore.

This is merely a vent for him because he has no other way to really get responses, while upholding a "higher stance" from the onset due to him being able to play games before many people. It's those guys that find insufferable to be around because they constantly soil the moment.

In the end, you should just take his "opinion" with a small grain of salt considering on how its presented and how he has reacted. The best way to go about it is to ignore him, but I imagine he will spam come time the game is localized, and attempt to tell people not to buy it because he didn't like it; merely something he wants to control because he has nothing else.
>>
>>337686368
>Probably because they have higher standards that you.
Enjoying games means I have low standards?
>>
>>337686206
Hey you offered, why are you backing down now?
>>
>>337686368
>have higher standards that you.
You seem to be suggesting you have standards to begin with. I mean, you live in Japan as a white male, why would we care what you think?
>>
>>337686474
Is this the first time a contrary opinion has offended you on /v/?
He is fully entitled to his opinion.

Anyone who listens to some stranger from /v/'s opinion and calls it there is beyond hope anyway. Positive or negative.
Hopefully people here know enough about these games to form their own opinions.

If not, you can't help them. Don't try.
>>
>>337686549
Probably because I don't want to meet some insane faggot from /v/?

But hey it became clearly why you're so salty. Must be hell to come in Japan yearly, understanding absolutely nothing, but now being faced with someone who can. Makes you really feel inferior, eh?

All you can do is cry like this >>337686474

>>337686710
>Is this the first time a contrary opinion has offended you on /v/?
Clearly not. Observe him in this thread. He's a wreck.
>>
>>337684180
What i don't understand is, why would they release a video showing shit like this? It doesn't make sense, if it is really frames dropping they would never show the game like this, it's literally suicide. My bet they just added slow down on the video for "dramatic purpose" and to show the "cool attacks" but the effect just looks shit.
>>
>>337686778
You sound butthurt.
>>
>>337686710
Oh I agree, he can spout his opinion as much as he wants. The issue is, he takes it as a form to null responses and not promote discussion, but rather, circle jerk his own view of a title.

This is the same kind of person that will likely be spamming this when its localized.
>>
>>337686820
Gust did it too with their plus PV, and worse.
>>
File: Realspika.jpg (38 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Realspika.jpg
38 KB, 600x400
>>337681019
The most important question is: Who is your favorite RealSPiKA ?
>>
>>337686931
>Oh I agree, he can spout his opinion as much as he wants
>The issue is he wants to spout his opinion as much as he wants

???
>>
>>337686778
You sound pretty butthurt dude. I'm not going to hurt you, I'm not an idiot. I just want to see your pathetic face because I have 2 weeks off everytime I go. We can trade some Pokemon, that's what you like right?
I like how you keep proving me right by demonstrating a complex yet again. This was the only purpose today for the thread. Find purpose in yourself because no one else can.
>>
>>337686931
Your attacking the speaker instead of saying why his points are invalid does not make his reasons for disliking the game invalid.
>>
>>337687089
>being elitist with opinions is okay
Cancer.
>>
>>337687187
>having opinions different from mine
Autism.
>>
>>337687104
How can most people say his points are valid or invalid when the game is not localized and thus, only subject to a few Japanese speakers on this board?
That makes the entire point of a discussion pointless, we are getting one view, from a guy that has an ego problem, whom also sold his Vita and is gloating about it, and we are just supposed to let him repeat himself?

It's most about calling this out for what it is. An action of desperate attention.
>>
>>337687242
No, the elitism you are demonstrating basically is part of the autism spectrum. Ironic.
>>
>>337687274
Because his points are opinions and not facts.
His opinion of the game can't be true or false.
>>
>>337687242
Shoving opinions down other peoples throat is not how you win an argument, son.
>>
>>337687443
Just click the big X and it'll go away.
>>
>>337687443
Nobody asked you to enter the thread.
>>
>>337687392
Trust me, I haven't had a complex since early Highschool. I find it funny you basically just admitting to samefagging your own previous post.
Listen kiddo, the only one that needs help is you. I have nothing against Japanese people, just you. You are part of the problem both on this board and in Japan. You're also a scared pussy.
>>
>>337687513
Nah.
>>337687523
But I'm here now anyways. Shitposting is fun.
>>
This is a terrible thread. Can we talk about something else? Like how the town building element might ruin ys 8?
>>
>>337687550
Wow, mentions highschool and then employs highschool tactics like "you're just scared". Maybe the root of your problem is something that happened to you in highschool, right?

And yes, I admit, I'm scared of the thought of meeting you now. Listen to yourself, you sound positively deranged.
>>
Who here thinks OP will be around to copy/paste negative shit about the game come around to Xseed release? What a fucking baby.
>>
>>337687635
I bet it won't be used much.
>>
>>337687716
"highschool tactics" that's hilarious, you were bullied. Bring some Yakuza buddies or cops then.
>>
>>337687635
>Like how the town building element might ruin ys 8
How will this be bad?
>>
File: 406.jpg (35 KB, 600x777) Image search: [Google]
406.jpg
35 KB, 600x777
>this thread
>>
>>337687635
Probably be a minor thing honestly. The thread started off pretty shitty and negative because OP is a weirdo, kinda ruined the thread before it started.
>>
>>337687824
Ys is about making enemies and bosses explode in dungeons while JDK band rocks out with violin, guitar, and synth, not loot collecting, crafting with a billion different ingredients, and Clash of Clans base defense.
>>
>>337688095
and that's what makes Feghana and Origin so infinitely replayable. You kill bosses and proceed to next dungeon. You're not bogged down by the need to fetch different shit to upgrade. Just use one resource and money source to upgrade once then proceed to make things explode in the next level
>>
Does it have Persona S.Link?
>>
>>337688904
It has totally not-S-links.
>>
File: image.jpg (172 KB, 960x643) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
172 KB, 960x643
>>337688986
It's called Kizuna Event, totally different!
>>
Give it to me straight doc, That seemingly amiable guy wearing glasses in Tokyo Xanadu betrays you right?
>>
>>337681019
Because it suffers from what we call "the sony taint"

Any game that is exclusive to sony consoles, always, without fail, ends up being garbage.

Point in case: Street fighter 5.
The series has always been great, but then sony paid for exclusivity, and then the newest game turned out to be dogshit.
Exibit 2; this game. Falcom used to make good games, then they made this abomination, which is vita exclusive
Exibit 3; the FF7 remake. which is sony exclusive and raped the legacy of FF7
>>
>>337689525
Gorou-sensei?

That's actually the only good twist in the game... he actting all shady, but it turns out he's army and helps the protagonists.

But then again, it's hardly imaginative, it's just the reverse of the typical evil army guy twist.
>>
>>337689797
>Exibit 3; the FF7 remake. which is sony exclusive and raped the legacy of FF7

How is the future? Do we have flying cars already?
>>
>>337690713
Anon's use of the past tense is incorrect, but Square has already shown us the their rape plans in significant detail.
>>
>>337690713
>turning a turn based JRPG into an action adventure shitfest interlaced with barret "gears of war" cover shooting segments
>not raping a game.
>>
>>337690971
Except the past tense is correct.
The game has already been raped.
They raped it by turning it into a completely different game.

They're not remaking FF7, they're RECYCLING the FF15 engine.
>>
>>337691018
>making FF7 playable is now raping it
lol
>>
>>337689916
Oh lol, it's a twist that his twist is not the twist I expected
>>
>>337691668
>turn based games are unplayable unless you make them into action games

Go home kid.
>>
>>337691472
It's a remake m8, they are remaking the game, of course it's gonna be different.
>>
>>337692127
Going back to Zero is almost unplayable since it doesnt have animation skip nor speed hack though. My autism demand I dont escape from encounter nor get an enemy to bump me from behind
>>
Will XSeeD finally announce some new localizations soon?
>>
>>337693004
Hatsu said she has new project to work on, so yeah maybe.
>>
Are there any merch for any of the Falcom franchises, and if so where can I buy some?
>>
>>337688095
Thats what kids now a days want though.
>>
>>337694128
Video games were never meant for kids
>>
>>337694224
That stopped being true in 80s old man.
>>
>>337681019
Is the pc-98 xanadu worth checking out?
>>
>>337694367
That's not true

YOU LIE
>>
>>337688389

That might be why I think Celceta is one of the weaker Ys entries, nothing about it makes me want to replay it at all. That and the final bosses were not very interested on Nightmare.
>>
>>337694397
While I've never played that, allow me to take this opportunity to get you to play Faxanadu.
Just emulate it, it's easy enough to do.

One of my favorite games of all time, a bit janky and old but somehow manages to pull of atmosphere on the NES in a way I've rarely seen.
>>
>>337692379
Nah, a remake would be porting FF7 into the FF15 engine.

This is a completely different game that is only FF7 in name.
>>
>>337696415
>This is a completely different game that is only FF7 in name.

Do you have teleporters? Are we able to travel to space freely now? Man, can't wait to see the future. Why did you traveled back to 2016?
>>
>>337696624
>being this retarded

They've already shown what the game plays and looks like.

It isnt the same game at all.

Also Square enix hasnt made a good game in a decade.
>>
>>337681019
What are you expecting?

Falcom are are going downhill and trying to get muh otaku persona audience.

It's a shame though since they need to make money like everyone else.
>>
I wish Mecha were even more prominent.
>>
>>337696958
stop replying your own post for gods sake
>>
>>337696830
The gameplay is different and the engine is modern, fuck, stop overreacting, i'm not sure about the game either, from what they showed i was not really hyped either, i was probably the opposite, but i'm not gonna be a faggot a scream they raped the game without seen at least the first episode, chill nigga.
>>
>>337697230

>modern

What makes it more modern than any other game?
>>
File: what.png (26 KB, 566x376) Image search: [Google]
what.png
26 KB, 566x376
>>337697179
>>
File: 1243453453453453453454.jpg (90 KB, 620x777) Image search: [Google]
1243453453453453453454.jpg
90 KB, 620x777
>>337683181
>>337683565
>>337683813
>>337684134
>>337684334
>>337685017
>>337685684
>>337686549
>>337687090
>>337687550
>>337687804

Holy fucking shit, my sides.
This paranoid autist is constantly getting laughed out of whatever thread he comes in, because he desperately searches for any thread that even remotely talks shit about a vita game and comes to its aid like the pitiful fuck he is.

He pulled this shit with me a while back, so I added him on steam and bullied him until he couldn't take anymore and removed me from his friend list (what a shame).

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197967474097

Now he constantly denies it's him but his posts are blatantly obvious to spot
>Only person to constantly ask for peoples PSN when they say a vita game is shit
>Throws an autistic shitfit and asks where you live so he can come kill you
>Constantly types out some laughable pseudo-psychology bullshit

If only I still had our chatlogs. They were comedy gold.

OP, kudos on triggering the fuck out of this guy. He's without a doubt going to off himself at some point.
>>
>>337689797
Bad games are the fault of the developers behind it.

SF5 was fucking rushed out way to early.

Falcom are just obviously trying to pander to the otaku market like everyone else now and Square trying to just squeeze money out of old fans as well as new fans with the action shit.
>>
>>337697457
Well, i don't think they are using a PS1 engine to make this game, just a guess. Modern just means new, recent. Is it not a new or recent engine compared to the one they used for the original ff7?
>>
>>337697486
But right now you are more autist than him,why do you bother searching for him? Seriously
>>
>>337697554

Even if Falcom is pandering, as long as the games themselves have solid gameplay, who cares?
>>
>>337697735
>him
Dave, please.
>>
File: 143253454353543.png (231 KB, 500x587) Image search: [Google]
143253454353543.png
231 KB, 500x587
>>337697735
>Searching for him
Nobody is searching for him, what are you talking about autismo?
>>
>this thread
Can we agree the games pandering to Otakus are cancer, right?
Shame on Falcom
>>
>>337689797
>Any game that is exclusive to sony consoles, always, without fail, ends up being garbage.

Fuck you Yakuza GOAT
>>
>>337698027
>He pulled this shit with me a while back, so I added him on steam and bullied him until he couldn't take anymore and removed me from his friend list (what a shame).
>>
File: 2015-11-13_00120.jpg (193 KB, 1280x768) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-13_00120.jpg
193 KB, 1280x768
>>337698051
>Can we agree the games pandering to Otakus are cancer, right?
>>
What the fuck happened to Falcom threads?
>>
>>337697817
Yeah i ain't played it's just obvious that they are and could still be pulled off well, just saying if the game is bad all round it's all because of the developers themselves and nothing to do with Sony unless they are themselves making it.
>>
>>337697230
>Modern
The engine is prolly older than you are, my autistic little fuckhead
>t-t-they didnt rape the game
They turned a beloved classic turn based JRPG into a westernized action adventure shitfest, with cover based shooter elements.

Oh, and they split up the game into multiple parts, because "lol it doesnt fit on the disk"

>>337697554
>it wasnt sony's fault, it was capcom that rushed the game out
And who do you think forced them to?

Hint: it was Sony.
Capcom has already made many statements about how Sony is terrible to work with, and so bad that the MH devs flat out refuse to work with them.
>>
>>337698191
...And that means I'm searching for him how exactly?

He used to reply to my shitposts regarding the Vita every single time I made them.
>>
>>337698496
Falcom games got released on Steam and this is what happens.
>>
>>337698150
Not exclusive.
>>
>Ys used to be good
>Had an excellent engine and the gameplay was flawless
>Shall we make another Ys game like that?
>"No. Let's remove all of the difficulty which our fans love and instead make it a party based game"

Neo-falcom is as out of touch as Neo-Nintendo.
>>
>>337698619
>muh PC gamers ruin the thread
You need go to doctor with your autism vita friend
>>
>>337698657
oh you mean that shitty port for the wiiu?
>>
>>337689797
>Any game that is exclusive to sony consoles, always, without fail, ends up being garbage.

Explain BB then
>>
File: 1460833344868.png (90 KB, 329x256) Image search: [Google]
1460833344868.png
90 KB, 329x256
>>337698575
Let's get this started
>ATB
>Turn-based

Also, idiotic and baseless whining about VIIR as usual. We have barely fucking any info and you all claim to know every fucking thing about it

>westernized action adventure shitfest, with cover based shooter elements.
I mean what the fuck?
>>
>>337698957
what is this then?

>>337697486
look at this faggot quoting posts and shitposting more
>>
File: 1462059862901.png (44 KB, 528x274) Image search: [Google]
1462059862901.png
44 KB, 528x274
>>337681274
>>
>>337699043
Garbage.

>>337699067
>he doesnt know

They've already shown of a segment where you play as barret.
It was a cover based shooter.

But hey, no one expected anything from you, an inbred furry, anyway.
>>
>>337698575
>The engine is prolly older than you are, my autistic little fuckhead
I sincerely don't know, i didn't look up the engine they were using, i just remembered they were using a new one for 15 at the start of development so i thought they were using that one for the remake. From the videos it looked pretty good so i doubt the engine is 26 years+ old.

>westernized action adventure shitfest
I don't think action RPGs are exclusive to the west, in fact, japanese developers usually make better action games than the west and from the videos i didn't look too different from the other square action RPGs.

>with cover based shooter elements.
Not necessarily bad, just because you don't like it doesn't make it bad. Also, 15 had shooter elements too and they removed it so, you never know until they release it.

>Oh, and they split up the game into multiple parts, because "lol it doesnt fit on the disk"
Yeah, that's pretty bad, i agree.

But yeah, i'm not gonna change your opinion and you're not gonna change mine, i would rather wait to so and not overreact right now.
>>
>>337699071
>look at this faggot quoting posts and shitposting more

nice post haha, you sure showed him by quoting him and shitposting more
>>
File: 1463151165254.jpg (42 KB, 272x262) Image search: [Google]
1463151165254.jpg
42 KB, 272x262
>>337698575
>And who do you think forced them to?

They rushed it out for the big esports tournaments.

Do you even play the games you retarded fuck?
>>
>>337699313
>wait and see
Sorry.
>>
File: 1462826522097.jpg (185 KB, 419x610) Image search: [Google]
1462826522097.jpg
185 KB, 419x610
>>337699226
I've seen the segments, yes. You have no fucking clue what you're talking about family.

The fact that the camera is behind Barret when he shoots does not 3rd person shooter (or in your description, cover based shooter) make.

>But hey, no one expected anything from you, an inbred furry, anyway.
How does it feel to be dumber than an "inbred furry"? ;)
>>
What are some must play Falcom games aside from the Ys and Kiseki games that are playable in english?
>>
>>337699498
Brandish.
>>
>>337699226
>BB is garbage

I wonder who's behind this post
>>
>>337697486
Hardly surprising, his autism was way too severe to be a one-time occurence.
>>
We need Adol to turn into a Giant Robot. Mecha Adol!
>>
File: Frida.jpg (60 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Frida.jpg
60 KB, 800x800
>>337699892
We need Adol to start fucking the girls. I would start with Frieda
>>
>>337700094
I would start with the slut from OiF, whilst roleplaying as her brother.
>>
File: 1463196464452.jpg (96 KB, 500x711) Image search: [Google]
1463196464452.jpg
96 KB, 500x711
>>337700094
>armpit window
>>
>>337699396
>They rushed it for some autismal esport bullshit

Capcom gives exaclty ZERO fucks about your little nignog convention. If they rushed it for that event, it was purely because Sony forced them to.

>>337699445
>its 3rd person
>its a shooter, and yes, it IS a shooter because you can see the crosshair
>he's constantly ducking behind objects for cover
>b-b-but its not a Thirst person shooter cuz i said so.
>>
File: IMG_20150324_183715.jpg (1 MB, 3200x1824) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150324_183715.jpg
1 MB, 3200x1824
>>337699615

Someone that played the game and isnt a raging polesmoking sonycrusader.
>>
So who else has fapped to Dogi's new design? No homo.
>>
File: 1462024489968.jpg (64 KB, 445x454) Image search: [Google]
1462024489968.jpg
64 KB, 445x454
>>337701810
>Capcom gives exaclty ZERO fucks about your little nignog convention.

>It's literally called Capcom Pro Tours

You don't know shit about fighters and spouting literal bullshit.

Capcom fucked up, end of story you retarded faggot.
>>
>>337701810
Sony also have nothing to do with that event so again you don't know what you are talking about.
>>
>>337689317
>>337688986
Can I fuck cute boys in it?
>>
>>337691472
But ff7 is on ue4 and ffxv is on luminous
>>
>>337681019
>Tokyo Xanadu is shit

I'll end up liking it then. Same thing happened with Sen on here, Anons calling it shit constantly and the game was fine.
>>
>>337696830
Its not a remaster, its not an update, its a remake. And even if its shit, it is more respectable for a dev to literally rebuild a game from square 1 than to just throw higher res models on it. In terms of effort, it's commendable, in terms of risk factor I respect that they are doing what they want, considering the original players are involved for the most part.

Will it suck? Maybe. I'd be fine with an exact copy of the original on ff13's engine, but the original is always there.

Plus, if this sucks then they wont mess with ff5 or 6 as much when they do remakes, and those are better games
>>
>>337703110
The complaint was more like sens story/characters were shit moreso than anything else about it.
>>
>>337703110
It wasn't shit but honestly didn't enjoy it much, an okay game.
>>
>>337694397
Revival Xanadu Easy Type is probably the best way to play classic Xanadu unless you want to try the heavily-redone MSX version of Xanadu. Keep in mind, "Easy Type" means it's been rebalanced, not that it's an easy game. These are tough dungeon-crawlers which don't hold you on a leash, expect you to prepare for the worst every time you enter a tower/new dungeon, and require some unique tactics against enemies. Big plus in Revival Xanadu is having a late-period FM synth soundtrack to enliven your playthrough.
>>
>>337685886
delete this
Thread replies: 204
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.